Author Topic: Anyone need a roommate in Beaverton, or thereabouts?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Anyone need a roommate in Beaverton, or thereabouts?
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:03:28 pm »
Okay, it's about time I got around to posting this.

I am currently living in Vancouver with Leashy (yes, the one here). This is supposed to be a temporary arrangement, and soon Leashy will be moving into a new house down in Beaverton. At this moment I have enough income to afford rent, so it seems fair that I should either jump up my rent payments to a fair share, or strike out and find a roommate and an apartment of my own.

Leashy and I have gotten along fairly well despite the usual warnings people will give you about rooming with a significant other, so I think I'm fairly easy to live with. :) I can be a little cluttered with my personal area at times, but I have an aversion to dust and grime, so I don't let things get too dirty in the sanitary sense.

Currently I don't have many belongings. Enough to fill a room or two, but not enough to overflow anything. Actually, once I have a permanent living space, I need to take a trip or two to Ikea... I don't have any pets, but I want to get a parakeet. Many apartments allow them, as they're very small animals that don't make big messes, but if the prospect is a problem then I may be willing to shelf the idea.

I'd prefer to room with either one or more male roommates, or *maybe* a group of mixed gender if I'm not the only guy. I have an open mind about living with the opposite gender, but it seems unfair to move out of Leashy's place only to move in with another girl.

My preferred location is Beaverton, but I might be a little flexible about that depending on how far I'd have to drive and how close it is to the MAX line.  I may be changing job locations soon, too, so coordinating it with the move could be beneficial either way. I do office work, so my budget is good enough to consider a somewhat comfortable apartment. I keep daytime work hours, though I occasionally stay up late. Regardless of the time, I'm not particularly noisy.

As you might guess, I'm into anime, video games, and the convention scene, and I know a lot of people at Kumori Con. I'm hoping that posting here will lead me to someone who has these things in common with me, so -- at the very least -- living together won't be an exercise in tolerance levels. ^^

If you have an apartment and are looking for a roommate, please shoot me an email at steveunfredFISHgmail.com (replace the word "FISH" with an @ symbol to get a valid address ^_^). Of course, you can also post here if you want to mention it publicly or have any more questions that I should be able to answer about my needs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:57:31 pm by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Re: Anyone need a roommate in Beaverton, or thereabouts?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:02:46 am »
Well, I've got a roomate, but I'll definitely join you for any Ikea trips.  It just so happens that I even have an Ikea music mix in my car, featuring, ABBA, Ace of Base and the Ikea song by Jonathan Coulton!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: Anyone need a roommate in Beaverton, or thereabouts?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:31:40 pm »
Thanks for the thought, Pie!

By the way, my status has gone from "looking for roommate with apartment" to "have apartment; looking for roommate."  I decided to post a new topic about it in Plan Your Adventure.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6692.0
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice