Author Topic: Students killed in nightclub shooting  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Students killed in nightclub shooting
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:10:33 pm »
A student at Clackamas high school was shot and killed last night at a club called "The Zone"
Another was an exchange student and 7 others were injured.

That student was a friend of mine named Ashely Wilks.
I didn't know her that well but I met her and she's close friends with my friends.

The shooter was a man age 24, i think hispanic and it's believe to be said to be a random shooting.
I thought you guys would've liked to know...

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Students killed in nightclub shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:07:55 pm »
I heard about this....I'm so sorry.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:09:40 pm »
Oh my, that's awful! I'm sorry to hear that about your friend. I hope that you're coping well. I have a lot of friends who go there actually, so that's terrible news.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »
It's okay, thanks guys...
I'll get over it...My friends are mourning over her too

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:44:28 am »
Rest in peace, Ashely Wilks.
I'm sorry Sugar, hang in there. ):

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:23:51 am »
I'm so sorry sugar ><
I hope your are coping with your loss, sit tight :-[

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:19 am »
I heard about the shooting in the news, makes me sad
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 10:47:33 am »
That's crazy...I almost thought to apply for a job as a door-guy there...glad I reconsidered.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:48:36 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »
its sad and sensless i am sorry for your, and her familys lost
and to any one hurt they are in our thoughts
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 03:33:57 pm »
Here's hoping that at the very least this prevents future incidents from occuring in the future.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:38:58 pm »
I'm sorry for your losses. If it helps at all I am majoring in psychology so you can talk to me. Also it helps just to talk to someone

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:44:21 pm »
D: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. >.<
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 05:39:11 pm »
A lot of people from my school were at the club when it happened and some of them were friends with the people injured. :/ it scared me when I heard about it.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:55 pm »
My other friend Gina was driving there and she ended up in the parking lot before the shooting started and she drove home quickly before even getting out.
but technically she's a witness so she wasn't at school today T_T

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:37 pm »
wow that is so intense. I heard you guys were off school for a little while.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:23 pm »
Huh?
We only had yesterday off.
but if your talking about the week we got snowed in i guess owo

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 07:32:08 pm »
no I meant about the shooting. I just heard on the news saying that kids would be going back to school today, I didn't know how many days you had off just that you at least one off.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:55 pm »
i know its more of a downer but the news said 2 ppl were killed not one and 7 injured. thats about all i know .
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »
I heard about this from a lot of people. It's really scary that something like that happened, especially since I know where the Zone is. I'm actually planning on going clubbing for my birthday this weekend at The Escape. I'm sure security will be tight at all the clubs this Saturday, though.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 09:19:54 pm »
I heard about this from a lot of people. It's really scary that something like that happened, especially since I know where the Zone is. I'm actually planning on going clubbing for my birthday this weekend at The Escape. I'm sure security will be tight at all the clubs this Saturday, though.

If you go to the Escape, check out The Cage. It's a small room separate from the rest of the dance floor, and it's much more appealing (to me anyway). Goth/Industrial/Techno, woot woot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:20:26 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 09:21:23 pm »
i know its more of a downer but the news said 2 ppl were killed not one and 7 injured. thats about all i know .
yeah and one of those two girls is the one we are talking about here.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 09:24:10 pm »
Yes! I know that one. I'm actually going to be dressing somewhat Industrial for this. As a Repo! reference, of course. But we shouldn't talk about this here. >>
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 11:20:41 pm »
I heard about this on the news and it's just so sad. It was a totally random shooting and they don't know why he did it :(.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 11:32:47 pm »
Yeah the news was wrong.
Ashely was the only one who died.
The other girl was shot multiple times but there was a shot in her neck that they removed, they think she will survive though.

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 11:50:54 pm »
Yeah, the shooter was ridiculous. This was his note to his friend:
To my friends and family:
I am sorry.

And to my friend, (redacted)

I am especially sorry. I know it's not much consolation but as my friend and roommate you are entitled to everything that I own. Maybe these things can bring in a few bucks.

Good luck in this (expletive) world.

Erik

If you need my personal information for any reason, here it is:

My ssn: (redacted)
My bank account number: (redacted)
My alien number: (redacted)
My ODL: 974739
My birthdate: 03-10-84

The check I wrote you should be most of the money in my account. I gave you an affidavit in case you want to check what's left but it's probably less than $20.

Qwest account login (www.qwest.com/myaccount):

(redacted)
(redacted)

My car is up to date with maintenance. It just leaks a little oil. You can probably get at least 2.5 grand for it. It'll be somewhere downtown but I'm not sure where. I'm sure you'll get a letter about it soon.

You know my ps3 is special. Similar USED ps3's go for AT LEAST $450-$500. Our landlord guy wants a ps3 like mine. Let him know that $400 would be a GOOD deal. If he doesn't want it, format the drive by going to Settings>System>Format Utility. You can say it "comes with the latest firmware software" to help market it on the internet. In case you don't know, it's the special "100% backwards compatible" (60 GB) ps3.

I'm sorry to put all this on you buddy, good luck.

What was this guy thinking?! It is so sad, when someone harms people for no reason. And what is up with his note? *sigh* My condolences to to the gal, who was killed, and to the people who were injured. :(

http://www.katu.com/news/38404089.html

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 10:37:09 am »
If security was proactive instead of reactive, then people could stand a chance. Security should have been tight all along.

(No one ever thought to check shoes for explosives until someone actually did it.)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 11:38:51 am »
I was thinking the same thing. But what's security supposed to do if someone whips out a gun and starts shooting if they aren't armed? They can't really fire back or tell them to leave or try to get close without getting shot. So I guess in the end, in that situation, security was just like everyone else in line.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 12:26:39 pm »
well I read in the oregonian that said guy had just lost his job too being laid off or something.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 02:27:04 pm »
I've noticed some sort of theme here. There was a massacre down in California just recently where a man and his wife were both laid off. So they shot their five children, then themselves because they claimed that there was nothing that could help them financially, and they didn't want their kids to be taken care of by strangers.

This Economic Crisis is really making people crazy.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 02:40:29 pm »
I've noticed some sort of theme here. There was a massacre down in California just recently where a man and his wife were both laid off. So they shot their five children, then themselves because they claimed that there was nothing that could help them financially, and they didn't want their kids to be taken care of by strangers.

That's just messed up. What a lot of people don't realize is that money is simply a commodity for obtaining goods and services. Money is not the essence of life itself. People can and do get by on zero dollars a year, through the use of trade and barter, caring friends, and simple "grow what you eat and make your own place to live" routines that many in this country and worldwide have forgotten.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »
It is really messed up. I've also noticed that the general amount of arguements between people is over money, in some form or way. Which is just sad. Our Economy is so based on trying to make bank for nice things that we're blinded by what SHOULD matter. I make no money, at all. But I'm still going to be attending school off of money from the Government. There are ways to continue to recieve money to at least get by. Most people don't see that, though. They want a nice house with nice things and if they can't have that, then they don't see a point in living, I guess.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 09:22:45 pm »
It's stupid.
I can't believe that.
Ashley was so excited to study abroad next year too
She had amazing potential and was a hard working member of the swim team.
Stupid douche

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 10:29:56 pm »
Random events like this one always make me wonder, "What was the guy thinking?"  There are so many of these stupid, stupid deaths.  How many of you where aware that Judith Barsi the VA for Anne-Marie in All Dogs go to Heaven and Ducky in The Land Before Time was killed, along with her entire family, when her dad got jealous of her fame, and the fact she made more than he did, killed them all, set the house on fire and shot himself.  I lost a cousin when he accidentally strangled himself with a tire swing.  I had a new friend shoot himself in the head with his family gun, one week after I made friends with him.  One of the neighbor kids fell out of a tree and broke his neck.  Sensless deaths every one.

All I can say is that he won't be doing it to anyone else.  It is a tragic loss to both familys, and to both schools.  Both girls sound like they would have been great friends, extroverted and outgoing, perky.  The kind that make friends easily, and are liked by all.  My condolences to you and your schoolmates Sugarlat.  I hope that this is the only senseless death you have to face in life.  I somehow doubt that you or anyone else will be so lucky, but we can all hope.  In the meantime, talk to counselors, talk to friends, discuss it with family, cry a lot, and try to put it behind you.  It may seem cruel, but there really isn't anything you can do now.  Maybe someday, it will be like Star Trek and everyone will just do what they want, go where they want and not have to worry about money.  Wouldn't that be nice?   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »
I just found out something shocking. The new girl at my school, named Hailey, was friends with Chelsea one of the kids that died.  :'( I was so sad when she told me that. T_T
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 10:47:33 am »
I heard about this from my children international guy, is there a word for the guy who signs you up?. He told me he and a friend were going to go down to kells but decided to stop at a burrito cart on a whim. They headed down there after finishing their food and the ambulances were arriving. Very close call.

Sorry to hear that your friend was one of the taken. I hope you and everyone else effected by it is able to recover. Try to remember her for who she was in life, not the way she died.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 11:41:05 pm »
This was so sad.....I'm going through the same exchange program all the exchange students were going through, so about two weeks before this happened, we had all gone to a big retreat together for the weekend. ): The program called me before it was even on the news. It was really devistating......

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 07:03:52 pm »
That's just messed up. What a lot of people don't realize is that money is simply a commodity for obtaining goods and services. Money is not the essence of life itself. People can and do get by on zero dollars a year, through the use of trade and barter, caring friends, and simple "grow what you eat and make your own place to live" routines that many in this country and worldwide have forgotten.

When we as people are ranked and valued by the size of our Escalade, the number of home equity mortgages we have to our pristine cookie-cutter homes, and making sure you're trying to fit some unobtainable lifestyle then money is the essence of life. It isn't a valuable life or a life of merit, but simply a life of material waste. However, this kid was a waste of a human and took the blame out on people who hadn't even hit the point of entering into the system. His behavior shows that he was none other than horrifically selfish, with a case of "it's all about me" so severe he was, most likely, his own undoing for any employment problems. His, and his alone. I wish I knew how he got past the door though, a proper pat down would catch that since it's illegal to bring in a firearm to such a premisis.

Condolences regardless to the OP.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV I didn't catch that. :(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:33:09 pm by XFD »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »
The people who were shot weren't inside the club. They were outside in line or cooling off when the shooting happened.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 01:36:21 pm »
Yeah, my sister knew the guy Erik.  He was a good friend of my sisters friend.  He was also inside my house a couple years ago hanging out with my sister, and my oldest sister talked to him a few times at a party last August. Very unsettling.  :-X

What a bastard. If you're going to kill yourself and beg for a pity party fine, but don't kill innocent victims in the process.