Author Topic: LIMEBARB? is it good?!///COSPLAY STORES?  (Read 4540 times)

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
LIMEBARB? is it good?!///COSPLAY STORES?
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:24:54 am »
ok so i'm doing a yuna(gunner) for kcon, but i was trying to find a website i could get a really good one. well i checked limebarb, some looked good, some looked b ad...i want to know if any of you guys ordered from there and how was your experience, or if you guys know any good websites for cosplay outfits. thank you, you guys. ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:21:01 am by DooFeRthePanda »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: LIMEBARB? is it good?!///COSPLAY STORES?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:45:20 am »
I looked through it and I don't really think any of it looks good. I personally wouldn't get it from there. How much are you willing to spend on it?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:59:33 am »
Yeah Debbie... I wouldn't buy anything from there >.< If you're looking for where you can buy your Yuna costume online, I always hit eBay first :3 This one's a pretty good one, $70, it just doesn't come with the yellow armbands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Yuna-cosplay-costume-any-size_W0QQitemZ290320856112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439878b430&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:59:46 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:10:12 am »
I tend to get my costumes from cosplay magic. It is a little expensive but they tend to be pretty good quality http://www.cosplaymagic.com/x2yuna.html This is 159 with express shipping. Gets to you in about 7 days tops.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:43 am »
Didn't someone complain about being ripped off by limebarb on here a few months ago? I remember hearing a lot of bad stuff about them.
Well anyway, if I purchase a costume online I, like iluvshijimi, go on ebay. In fact, that's the only place I'd look, unless if it's a really obscure cosplay. Be sure to check their rating percentiles as well as comments left by previous customers. I'd also recommend ordering from someone who custom fits the cosplay to your measurements rather than having you order a S, M, L XL. Lastly, be sure to scrutinize the picture that they provide (of their costume detail). Is it really accurate? Is it worth that much money?
Once you've found a reliable maker it's less for you worry about ^^
Good luck~
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:05:22 am »
Just did a review search on limebarb and I find mostly bad reviews. I wouldn't recommend them.

I don't get what's so great about cosplaymagic either though. The only thing that they have over most eBay shops is that their display images aren't stolen. Which can be a good thing, except their depictions of costumes are often very inaccurate. In that Yuna costume, for example, what's with the lace on the tops and the skirt? o-o And the bob at the end of the hairtie looks like it's made of horse hair.

You can definitely find reliable and accurate sellers on eBay, just keep an eye on the reviews (try looking specifically at negative and neutral reviews, and if you're concerned, google the shop or ask cosplay.com.) Even if it's missing a few details, that costume shouldn't be too hard to make accessories for.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:08 am »
I have ordered three costumes from cosplay magic and all of them have been the same in the picture. There was only one that was different and it was only different because it had more detailing on it then shown.

Just wondering if you have ordered anything from them Hazuza?

Also here is their reviews for their ebay shop http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=advent_anime&&sspagename=VIP:feedback:3:us&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller its 99% positive.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:18:34 am by nikkiolie »

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:03 am »
lolt hanx you guys. its just hard to find a very accurate costume for yuna, i'll probably make mine tho, be way easier, just gonna commision the pouch yup yup

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 11:37:51 am »
I don't get what's so great about cosplaymagic either though. The only thing that they have over most eBay shops is that their display images aren't stolen. Which can be a good thing, except their depictions of costumes are often very inaccurate. In that Yuna costume, for example, what's with the lace on the tops and the skirt? o-o And the bob at the end of the hairtie looks like it's made of horse hair.

I agree with you Hazuza, I tend to stay away from Cosplay Magic.com. Their costumes are a little pricier than they should be, and I've found better quality costumes for less on eBay, which is why I look there first when I buy costumes.

@ Debbie

Making it yourself is cool too! Yuna's costume seems pretty easy to make, though not as easy as the bikini for my Rikku :P

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 12:27:36 pm »
I have ordered three costumes from cosplay magic and all of them have been the same in the picture. There was only one that was different and it was only different because it had more detailing on it then shown.

Just wondering if you have ordered anything from them Hazuza?

Also here is their reviews for their ebay shop http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=advent_anime&&sspagename=VIP:feedback:3:us&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller its 99% positive.

I haven't ordered anything from them since they're way too pricey ._.

And I said that their images are not stolen, meaning that their products usually exactly as the image shows. But unfortunately, a lot of those display images are inaccurate to the actual character. They've definitely gotten better, I'll give em that. They've replaced a lot of older costumes since last I was there.