Author Topic: Wolfman movie a ripoff of Twilight?!  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Wolfman movie a ripoff of Twilight?!
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:10:03 pm »
I honestly didn't know if I should add this to the already made Twilight thread or not, but I thought this deserved its own thread.
Enjoy the laugh.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247#idc-cover

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Wolfman movie a ripoff of Twilight?!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »
Oh for f... Really? They care? *Facepalm*
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:44:44 am »
I...could not stop laughing while reading that. XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:05:50 am »
Epic!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:53:08 am »
And the cave troll in Fellowship of the Ring was a rip off of the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone troll.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:04:00 am »
HAHAHAHAHA. x333

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:54:24 pm »
I'm a Twilight fan against my better judgement and even I'm facepalming so hard that I'm hitting my brain stem.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »
I like my werewolves hairy, burly and disgusting <3
What was she thinking? Maybe she wasn't. ::)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 08:20:43 pm »
"Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed!"
  HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHSAH

Save Caprica!!

Offline FynХоук

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 08:46:19 pm »
I Lol'ed

I am Dark Link from 'The Twin Links'
I am the writer and mind behind all skits and videos.
I am awesome!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:26 am »
Having seen the original, the Wolf Man with Lon Cheney Jr. and reading that woman's letter, all I can do and say is this. If this were an anime this would be the part where I fall over in disbelief then leap to my feet and snap "What the (Censored!)?". I swear nobody knows ANY sort of history anymore. They don't even know movie history and it's a crying shame.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:43:14 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 08:47:11 am »
OMG LOL! That has to be one of the stupidest e-mails ever lmao. I had to hold back from laughing too hard cuz' I'm at work...I truly feel for the world if this is the kind of intelligence that is brewing in tweens today.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 08:23:47 pm »
"Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed!"
  HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHSAH
LOLOLOLOL.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:25:32 pm »
That girl should never be allowed to breed.  First of all, Twi-tards shouldn't critisize other storylines, since Twilight is one of the worst stories EVER!!!  (If you're a fan, get over it, you'll never convince me otherwise).  Secondly, does she not realise that a lot of Native Americans were offended by the twist that these "NA's" couild turn into a wolf, and I don't blame them.  I'd be disgusted, & would make my voice heard.  Ugh, my head.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 07:20:14 am »
That girl should never be allowed to breed.  First of all, Twi-tards shouldn't critisize other storylines, since Twilight is one of the worst stories EVER!!!  (If you're a fan, get over it, you'll never convince me otherwise).  Secondly, does she not realise that a lot of Native Americans were offended by the twist that these "NA's" couild turn into a wolf, and I don't blame them.  I'd be disgusted, & would make my voice heard.  Ugh, my head.
I agree that this girl should never breed...EVER! What I want to point out from your post is the part about the Quileute Tribes Legends...it should not have offended anyone as it was pertaining to one particular tribe. My mother lives around that part of Washington & I hate to tell you, but it is a real tribe. According to their legends/beliefs, they descended from wolves...even the tribal name Quileute is derived from their word for wolf. The part about vampires however, was made up for her story...so that part is not part of anyones history of course lol. She publicly stated that she made up the vampire part for the purpose of her plot so as not to offend.

But to answer your question...NO...I am not a "twi-tard" & in no way will I defend these crazed/retarded/annoying fangirls/boys that obsess to no end over it. I just like to give credit where credit is due.  ;) Look up the Quileute Tribe next time you have an extra second...NA tribes have some really cool stories & legends surrounding them most of the time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:22:14 am by Cyprus »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 08:56:46 pm »
That girl should never be allowed to breed.  First of all, Twi-tards shouldn't critisize other storylines, since Twilight is one of the worst stories EVER!!!  (If you're a fan, get over it, you'll never convince me otherwise).  Secondly, does she not realise that a lot of Native Americans were offended by the twist that these "NA's" couild turn into a wolf, and I don't blame them.  I'd be disgusted, & would make my voice heard.  Ugh, my head.
I agree that this girl should never breed...EVER! What I want to point out from your post is the part about the Quileute Tribes Legends...it should not have offended anyone as it was pertaining to one particular tribe. My mother lives around that part of Washington & I hate to tell you, but it is a real tribe. According to their legends/beliefs, they descended from wolves...even the tribal name Quileute is derived from their word for wolf. The part about vampires however, was made up for her story...so that part is not part of anyones history of course lol. She publicly stated that she made up the vampire part for the purpose of her plot so as not to offend.

But to answer your question...NO...I am not a "twi-tard" & in no way will I defend these crazed/retarded/annoying fangirls/boys that obsess to no end over it. I just like to give credit where credit is due.  ;) Look up the Quileute Tribe next time you have an extra second...NA tribes have some really cool stories & legends surrounding them most of the time.

That's not the same as what Twilight does.  The Quileute myth tells where they came from, not that they can turn back into wolves the size of cars, and yes, I'm overexagerating the size thing, a little bit.  Please, do me a favor, and don't make me sound ignorant.  I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you somewhat did, and I don't appreciate that.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 07:31:17 am »
You take things completely the wrong way...your original post wasn't clear about the NA tribe in question so I merely cleared it up. If you read my post, I was only trying to help educate you & others on information relevant to the Quileute. I'm sorry that you can't take constructive criticism or any information that might correct you & look at it in a positive perspective. I think that your dislike for twilight makes see things differently...sorry you feel that way. Have a great day.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:43:56 am by Cyprus »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 11:11:21 am »
... Believe it or not, I did read it.  I studied it, as well as the Wikipedia link you provided to see if there was anything worth noting.  Try reading my posts so that you don't take my words the wrong way.

Point one: the original thread I made was referring to various Native American tribes around the country, not my "lack of knowledge" of one tribe's beliefs.

Point two: I'm fully aware of different tribes believing that they came from various animals; that's nothing new to me.  All that I said was a fact, that many Native Americans were offended by the twist.  Wanna debate that?  Go to them.

Point three: if you want to address an issue, make sure you know what the other side is actually saying.  My point was that Twilight butchered a belief system to the point where those who's ancestors created such beliefs were disgusted by the disrespect to their beliefs, all for the sake of "storyline."

Point four: did the Quilete tribe say that they were honored by the interpretations incorporated by these novels?  Or that it was, at least, an accurate portrayal of their beliefs?  If so, provide me with that information.  That'd actually do something for the original conversation.

Constructive critisism only applies when the constructing has something to build on.  You went straight to destroying my post, then building on the rubble you left behind.  Thanks for altering a thread.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 02:41:49 pm »
Lol...just lol...I'm not gonna justify myself with a response to that over-eccentric reaction. Enjoy the rest of your day.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:42:07 pm by Cyprus »

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 11:40:14 am »
Actually, what I heard was the tribe was insulted by Meyer's interpretation.  They said she pretty much twisted their history to the point that it would have been more polite to invent a whole new tribe rather than to attach their name to it.
That's about as far as I'm going into this debate.

Now, speaking of going back to topic....

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:34 am »
Like I said doesn't anyone know their movie history anymore! HEY LADY WATCH THE ORIGINAL THE WOLF MAN WITH LON CHENEY JR. BEFORE YOU MAKE OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENTS LIKE THAT! This lady has just won the dreaded facepalm award, the award gioven too charcters and sometimes real life people who make us want to do a facepalm.
Stephen Meyer invented werewolves. For crying out loud werewolf legends have been around in the Americas and Europe for 100's of years. Doesn't anybody look up anything up anymore?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:33:54 am by Animeman73 »

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 12:54:25 pm »
The internet does give us that ability. All hail wikipedia!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 06:46:03 pm »
I like my werewolves hairy, burly and disgusting <3
Me too!
It's the way werewolves are meant to be~
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »
Guess what guys...

The manga version has been born.........................*anger mode activate*
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »
Amy texted me about that, I told her I would never even come near the revolting object.
It is going to be...

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »
Twlight in a manga. Ho boy.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:46 am »
How's it a rip-off if the werewolf in THIS movie looks so different and DISGUSTING AND HORROWFYING.

This is a scary movie- not a romance comedy....

It would be a rip-off if people looked totally the same and it was a romance comedy like twilight.

( to me twilight it a romance comedy because I feel like it...)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 01:59:37 am »
I suppose in a way it could be a romantic comedy...

Are you guys serious?  It's a MANGA now?  Wow... and here I thought the Bible becoming an anime would cause a fuss...

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 10:31:41 am »
I actually found 'Genesis' in comic book form :3
It is going to be...