Author Topic: Fake cosplay shop?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
Fake cosplay shop?
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:21:01 am »
Okay, I had found a Ranka cosplay I loved. But now I do not know who to buy it from.

These two different sights both have the same image, one it just edited color tone wise. How do I know which is the real image and which is the stolden one? a lot of the images for other cosplay are the same too.

http://www.cosplaylove.com/cosplay-costumes/macross-frontier/macross-frontier-ranka-lee-singer-orange-costume.html     

http://www.hellocosplay.com/macross-frontier-ranka-lee-cosplay-costume-p-362.html

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Fake cosplay shop?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:23 am »
A lot of the places that sell costumes have multiple sites. Cosplaymagic has two or three and use the same images. I have never ordered from either of those sites so I can't really help you too much =/

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:04 pm »
I don't buy costumes but I have heard of people buying from Hellocosplay with successful results. I've never even heard of the other one.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:56:24 pm »
I don't know anyone that purchased from CosplayLove, but I have heard of them..
 But with HelloCosplay I purchased from them once and I got my cosplay and everything =3
I like goats.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:10:53 pm »
I don't buy cosplay either, but if one is fake, it's probably the top link. The image at the bottom link looks more genuine to me.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:20 pm »
Well if you look closer at the outfits they're slightly different colors and the ribbon at the bottom dress of cosplaylove is orange and hellocosplay has red
I don't know about cosplaylove but I know hellocosplay is reliable cause my friends have ordered from it

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:21 pm »
The hellocosplay one only includes the Vest+Skirt. where the other includes the hair stuff and mic ribbon too. But if hellocosplay is the safer one, as it has been given good reviews so far, then I should prabably go with them.

Sugarlat: I thought they where different at first too. but if you look close, it is the same photo. The folds are in the excat same places. It's like they just used a photoshop thing and just twicked with the color layer thing a little.