Author Topic: School Cosplay and Halloween  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Kisitiene

• Bunnygirl
    • Miniskirts Anonymous DA
School Cosplay and Halloween
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:47:21 pm »
I don't know about many of you guys but costumes, dress make up, eye wear, and et cetera are not allowed in my school and they make a special notice in our school announcements for the week of Halloween.
Yes, our school is completely anti-dress up due to our gang issue. Our middle schools and under are not even allowed to wear solid red or blue shirts. In fact, we have to wear our school IDs around our necks at all times with a school issue lanyard or a purple one for school pride. We are not allowed into any school activity with face paint, even a school sponsored activity at the football stadium after a game due to the inability to identify a painted face with our ID badges which we have to have at all events, including our school dances but there they can stay in our bags. Heck, we have to have breath tests for alcohol before we even come into dances.

So, that is a little insight on how my school is run so you can guess what measures will be taken for Halloween coming up and I know our security will be busy. However, being the little stinker I am of a Student Council member I get away with a lot of things, including wearing wigs when they are banned in our dress code. My Student Council advisor especially loves my short pink wig and wants me to cut and dye my hair to match... Thus I plan to do a little sneak work and do a closet cosplay for Friday with a wig. I'm interested if I'll be able to get away with it or not but here's to hoping so!

What are you guys doing for cosplay at your schools or do they even allow it?
And do you guys plan to dress up if you are allowed to?

As for me, I'm thinking of a Closet!Belarus from Hetalia or maybe Closet!Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

:: Schedule ::
Mon-Fri : School (8-2)
Thurs : Art Club (2-4)
Fri : Debate Club (2-4)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: School Cosplay and Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:10:06 pm »
I'm in college in the town that people come to from all over to celebrate Hallowe'en. They couldn't stop college kids from dressing up even if they wanted to, especially since it's on a Saturday. We can't have guests in the dorms on friday or saturday night, though.

Good luck with your cosplay, though! I sadly left most of my costumes at home, but I'm going to make some fake blood and be a closet!Zombie.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:14:56 pm »
Oh that sucks hardcore
I am sorry you have to put up with that crap
I kinda know what you mean with the gang stuff but for football games you cant even wear face paint to support your team??? how retarded is that

China bound!!!

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:28 am »
At least you are loved and can get away with some of it!
We're aloud as long as it follows the dress code, and we can't wear tones of makeup or masks. I got in trouble with that two years ago. I dressed as Puss in Boots, and had my face painted, and they made me wash it all off...So painful...

Anywho, planning on wearing my Cheshire Cat sleeves and tail from my CC!Envy, and then just some of my purple and pink clothing. Or maybe all black with those....And then just draw the smile on my face.

I like you Belle, but it'd be interesting to see what you do with Belarus!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:28 am »
I am being Jareth from Labyrinth =w= I'm trying to get more of my colleges to dress up with me too, but they are being stubborn... s: My college doesn't care. We even have a halloween contest tomorrow in our cafeteria x3

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:42:37 am »
my best friend and i are going to school dressed as Degeneration X (shawn michaels and triple H) from WWE RAW

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 01:39:14 pm »
People need to post pictures of what they wear to school. I remember that Tigard allowed it :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 02:21:57 pm »
Dress codes = sadness.  get rid of yo gang problem shesh, give them things to do besides aggressive clicks, like sports (okay maybe not football :D ) and community activities ^.^

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 02:29:03 am »
My friend wears his LARP character garb to school almost all the time, especially now that he's the president of our chapter (Baron since we have enough people to be a Barony according to Amtgard rules). Can't take his weapons or shield with him, but he can wear his clothes around. I would if I was still in high school...but I'm in college. Maybe I will wear my Amtgard garb tomorrow at the costume party at PCC Sylvania, since I'll be going to Amtgard afterward anyway.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi