Author Topic: Ever seen haseo?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline neko

• Cabbit
Ever seen haseo?
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:12 am »
I plan to do Haseo from .hack//G.U.+ / .hack//Roots

So yea there ya have it cosplaying as Haseo...yea cool beans so what?

Just as a reference

That's haseo...

I'm sorta new at cosplay...HELP!!!!

I'm really excited on making it my self with my friends etc. But I am having a really tough time on coming up with how to do it .-.
If any experienced cosplayers have some suggestions it would be very much appreciated!!

Ideas so far:
Boots = none

Gloves = buy regular leather (or fake leather) get creative with glue for designs glue on glass pebbles for the orb things. Make a separate piece for the sleeve with all the belts, Maybe finding some plastic painting it black and make designs with glue for extended wrist guard/armor thing.

Shirt = two peices one is the collar+under shrit the other is all the belts together sewed etc.

Pants = get normal leather pants? sew on gold fab and get belts?

Blades = wood. paint. "hack" saw ;P

Those are my ideas putting em out there again I need help .-. so yea..advice needed.
~I use to be a heavy gambler, then I started making mental bets. That's how I lost my mind.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: Ever seen haseo?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:28 am »
This looks like a really complicated cosplay. Unless your friends are experienced in costuming and can help you out, I'd recommend starting with something more simple and working up to this. If you try to jump right into something really complicated when you don't know the basics, you'll only get frustrated (unless you have a lot more patience than I do). There are a lot of really epic cosplays out there, but you can bet that those cosplayers started with something simple, or they might even have commissioned the costume from an experienced costumer. This costume will also be very expensive to make, especially without the prior experience. If you wait until you have more experience, you'll spend less money and you'll be happier with the result.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 06:32:16 am »
The only advice I can give is don't be afraid to look at other peoples' Haseos (or ANY cosplays, for that matter). A lot of people tell me they get discouraged and disappointed in their own cosplays when they look at others. It's just like being an artist, though. You'll develop and get better ideas faster than if you were doing it alone and without any inspiration.

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:44:31 am »
HASEO~~~<3

I don't think I'd be much help as for construction of the cosplay, maybe for fabric you could use black PVC or pleather?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:45:54 am by oslapedo »

Offline neko

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »
Yea this is a complicate one, Ive already checked out a lot of other peoples cosplay of him. The most realistic one I saw got a commission and all used real leather. $_$ I would like to think my friends are experienced, as for me this isn't my first so I think I will be ok. The one who did it all it leather also had a "costume in progress" gallery so that really really  helped. I could see the costume broken out into parts pretty much.

Also I have been dared by my friends to do it, so they are supporting me I will pull it off, in time for the con ehh that may be a different story *crosses fingers*

Thanks for the advice I'm gonna keep this thread kinda up to date
~I use to be a heavy gambler, then I started making mental bets. That's how I lost my mind.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »
Okay, I just wanted to make sure. xD

For the weapons, wood will be fairly heavy, and I've seen a lot of mediocre wood props. (A lot of people just cut out the shape and paint it, which gives it a flat, two-dimensional appearance.) Foam and plastic pvc piping are common materials for cosplay weapons. There are a lot of tutorials for weapons on deviant art. If you're still interested in wood, this tutorial is very good - he is one of the few artists who actually take the time to give the wood dimension. (the tutorial is for keyblades but you should be able to apply it to other weapons.)

For the rest of the costume, I would advise against real leather - not only is it very expensive, it's difficult to work with. I've never personally attempted something like this, but there are ways you can achieve the appearance of leather without having to deal with it.

If you can't finish for this year's con, put it aside and wait until next year. It's better to wait and have a great costume than to rush it and end up with something you're not happy with.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline neko

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 10:42:10 am »
Thanks a lot, yea I am also making a much simpler costume on the side (Excalibur from soul eater) just need a lot of white paint. :3