Author Topic: Sango's Armor  (Read 2738 times)

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
Sango's Armor
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:44:21 pm »
Alright, I have figured out and planned my Hiraikotsu so I can begin on that soon but as I make a list of pricing and figure the costume out I am caught in a snag.
I have been looking at different ways to make her armor, since I am strongly apposed to doing cloth because I want this cosplay to be my core one, and for it to be as accurate as I can make it (within reason).
 So far I think I am going to have to make the armor pieces out of craft foam and use Amethyst Angel's armor methods, but my only problem there is, Sango's shoulder and elbow armor pieces are 3D round shapes D: So, I have no idea how to make them all seem the same and have the pieces look good.
I'm toying with using a ball of sorts that I could cut in half for the shoulders but there theres still the elbows. Would love some suggestions! Thank you :)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sango's Armor
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:47 pm »
Perhaps if you posted reference pictures of the character so we have a visual? Not everyone will know what the character looks like off the top of his or her head.

Is Amethyst Angel the one who did the automail tutorial? Linking to the tutorials you're considering using would help as well.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:49:21 pm »

This is Sango, her black clothing is the form I am doing :)

and here is the methods I was looking at with Craft Foam
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_construction.html

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »
You could also try using Wonderflex.  It is a little spendy, but you can use it for so many things, and it is really easy to work with.  We used it on our Silver the Hedgehog mascot for his eyes.

Another thing that may work for armor is Sintra.  Sintra doesn't work as well for a dome shape as Wonderflex, but it is easier to get and comes in colors as well as being cheaper.  You can usually get Sintra from a local sign shop, or plastics distributor.  We picked up some scraps from our local sign shop for free!  Used this in the making of our Disgea female ninja leg guards.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »
I really like the look of Sintra, and will probably look more into that for the armor, still unsure :) But I am sure that I will figure everything out with more research, thanks for the links!