Author Topic: Cosplay Nightmares & Dreams  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Cosplay Nightmares & Dreams
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:31:12 pm »
I just woke up from a terrible nightmare where not only did the pants of my Sasuko outfit have a huge hole in the seams, but I didnt finish it at all past what I have now.
And I didn't have any other cosplays to change into. I was so embarassed and upset.

Does anyone else have these kinds of dreams...?

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Aero

• Catgirl
Re: Cosplay Nightmares & Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »
I did , before last kumo . I was freaking out that I wouldn't get my cosplay done in time . And that I was in the main building still sewing my outfit on the second day . D:
CREATER OF T.P.C. COSPLAY GROUP - Based in Gresham , wanna join ? Pm me . 8D
Alois is set for Sakura-con !!! HUZZZAH !

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:46:17 pm »
never have cosplay nightmares. Ive had plenty of pre con nightmares tho :D

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »
I had only one, and it was where I was at con and a kid in a hitman reborn costume came up to me and started cutting up my costume with scissors. Kinda random, I admit.....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:51:30 pm by lover-of-the-pepsi »
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:07:58 pm »
I just woke up from a terrible nightmare where not only did the pants of my Sasuko outfit have a huge hole in the seams, but I didnt finish it at all past what I have now.
And I didn't have any other cosplays to change into. I was so embarassed and upset.

Does anyone else have these kinds of dreams...?
way to wake up at 12:30 slacker.  XD jk

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 10:15:16 am »
I've had a re-occuring one where I am at the con but I am missing my prop (The entire centerpiece of my outfit!) and my boots even though I KNOW I have them...

Course this dream was mostly before I got my prop and I was constantly worrying about if I would get it on time or if it would be any good. Now that I have pretty much everything those dreams went away.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »
It never fails, the closer the con is the more frequently I have the dreams. I always have con nightmares about me either forgetting my costume, something happens to my costume, or I end up missing the entire con somehow. ;^; Eep.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline UnderTaker

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 06:36:44 pm »
Mine are always when I'm panicing over making or getting a costume done.

I always dream I'm at the con with half the costume missing e__e;

I've only had one dream that made me want to make a costume (And I did. Thankfuly, it was one of my fav's to wear at Sakura Con.)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:49:34 pm »
I have been having a lot of con dreams lately. I don't remember much but most of the time it just involves waiting for Day 1 to start XD

Offline LittleKarasu

• Sailor Scout
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:31:46 am »
Had a nightmare a week before kumoricon '08 (my 1st con) that I was cleaning the hotel restroom's toilets while in my cosplay (I work as a janitor/maintenance) had another one where I spent the whole con in my hotel room working on a sailor moon cosplay.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 12:17:17 pm »
Last month I woke up from a dream where I was at Anime Banzai, a con in Utah, and I didn't finish my gown for the masquerade in time and everyone else had on these beautiful dresses and mens' formal wear and I was wearing street clothes.
Well my living room has been littered with cosplay stuff ever since. :P

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »
I finally had a convention nightmare for Kumoricon 2010. I was at the con with some friends and we were at opening ceremonies, except I was in back rummaging through my luggage waiting to check in, and freaking out that my cosplays weren't done and wondering how this could have happened. Then my friend showed up late and I started yelling at her she didn't take in my ouran jacket like she promised she would and I needed it that night. I also forgot my camera, and money, and it was just a mess.

We walked over to our hotel to check in as opening ceremonies changes into a dance, and found a group of people freaking out about their cosplays and saying something was wrong. Then someone pointed out the date of the convention changed, and Kumoricon started early. Someone from staff ran by saying their was a situation, and then they made an announcement they screwed up the date, and apologized to everyone for starting a week early, and to come back in September.

It was odd. But I was glad I had more time for my cosplays. xD

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:42:36 pm »
I had one last night. Not about cosplay, exactly, but certainly about the con. I was in my room, minding my own business, when my mom comes home and says, "Okay, we're leaving now." And I was all "WHAT?! But I haven't even packed yet!" So then I had to run around getting everything together.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »
I had one recently... In it, I had forgoten to dye Sakutaro's wig and all the Umineko people were disappointed at me xD and the nearby store was all out of orange sharpies. it was sad
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:13 pm »
If I dream about cosplay, it's never one of mine. It'll be the person next to me is dressed up as yugi and his wig came off while we were running from Freddy Krueger. So he'll stop to pick it up, because honestly you have to stay in character while running from insane killers...
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:05:56 pm »
Well, this was back when I wanted to be Rin Kagamine, but I had a dream that I was at Kumoricon and I lost my bow and for some reason I was freaking out about it xD
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »
For some reason I haven't had a lot of cosplay/K-con dreams before. Probably because I'm usually panicking about school and having unfinished summer reading dreams. ;o;

Not very exciting, but I dreamt about getting my Alice wig, then today it actually showed up. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:57 am »
The other night, I dreamt that I had gone to a fabric store with a friend.

Except that the fabric store in my dream, which apparently used to be part of a Chinese takeout restaurant, had vanished from the last time I had visited it (in my dream). Panic ensued in my dream as I worried about where I would find the materials I needed for my cosplay.

...I awoke and remembered that the Jo-Ann Fabrics in my area has never shared a building with a Chinese takeout restaurant, and was nowhere near the area my dream depicted it as being in. Then, earlier today, I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics with that friend, and found what I needed. All was good.

I think that's the closest dream/nightmare I've experienced relating to a con.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 02:41:07 am »
I had this horrible nightmare that i was invited to this cosplay meetup at PCS, and i brought back Vash for a day. the whole event was horrible, and i got verbally attacked afterwards via facebook....
oh wait, that really happened two weeks ago...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03:19 am »
I always have dreams that I leave part of my costume at home and I only have half a costume to wear at a con. I remember one of them ended in me riding a dragon from Seattle back to Redmond to go get stuff.
I don't have those dreams for Kumoricon anymore since we always go back home for the night.

I had this horrible nightmare that i was invited to this cosplay meetup at PCS, and i brought back Vash for a day. the whole event was horrible, and i got verbally attacked afterwards via facebook....

Hahahaha, you deserved it :P Don't attend/crash private meet-ups between friends that you weren't even invited to.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:03:38 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »
Hahahaha, you deserved it :P Don't attend/crash private meet-ups between friends that you weren't even invited to.
Except for the fact that I was invited to it. that kinda kills your reasoning. Or, perhaps the fact that she posted the event on 4chan. yeah, real private......

On  an unrelated note:
last night,9thanks to the akuroku picnic) I had a dream that there was a giant secret base for real life Organization XIII members. except it was nothing like you see in the video games. it was all high tech and had all this cool equipment. I was Luxord

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »
I had a nightmare where I woke up downtown in some guys hotel room with my sister. Apparently we had run around all night trying to find something for my cosplay. So we're in this hotel room, its the first day of the con, and the sun is shinging brightly in the sky.
 I grabbed my phone [a reallly new shiny touch screen that i dont have in reality] to see all my friends texting me 'where are you?' while one of my friends sent me a text that said :'guess what. i suck, i'm late on the first day X3'. I turned around quickly to see that the clock read 2:58 pm. unfinished cosplay + late for con on first day= horror. I started to scream in my dream, and i screamed so much that i woke up staring at my friends back, on the floor of my freinds house where i had crashed the night.

I have never actually woken up gasping for air, but that did it.
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 03:46:09 pm »
Except for the fact that I was invited to it. that kinda kills your reasoning. Or, perhaps the fact that she posted the event on 4chan. yeah, real private...
I had asked the people who went, two knew you, none had invited you, you guys already decided that you were going a day or two before I posted on there anyways. But hey, you could stop being whiner and complaining everywhere like a good boy, we aren't continually complaining how you two were rude and idiotic. Hahaha, grow up and learn the basic laws of Oregon before you start boo-hooing at everyone.

I'll just leave it at that though, no need to derail a perfectly good thread. Tootles~
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:59:01 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 09:38:05 pm »
I dunno, have a costume by some people my cause me to have a bloody nose if I looked too long.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:14 am »
I had a weird dream last night...

My dad took my Kida wig and made a rubber ducky out of it...

When I first woke up I was thinking ,"**** now I have to go buy a new wig" but then I realized that it was a dream and how stupid it was.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Emirintan

• Sailor Scout
    • My Facebook <:
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 08:25:10 am »
OH GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. ;AAA;

Every time, regardless of if a con is close, if I have a lot of cosplay work to do (Usually because I make my friend's outfits) I have nightmares that I have all of my work to do the day a con starts. It's such a wake up call XD

Actually, a while ago I had a dream that I had to make my full Luka cosplay in one night before K-con, then finally finished and realized my wig wasn't there. I woke up and immediately worked on it xD
Kumori-Con 2010 Cosplays

{ Vincent Nightray ; 90%
{ Megurine Luka   ; 75%