Author Topic: Cosplaying Brainstorm  (Read 1803 times)

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Cosplaying Brainstorm
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:55:37 am »
Hey all. I'm starting my plans for hopefully returning for my...Lets just round it to my 5th year of Kumoricon. Now. Since I'm planning onto having a job this year, I have some time to save some cash and get a really nice costume. Now, my question is this. Whom should I cosplay as?

Zechs Marques (AKA Millardo Peacecraft)

Dante (Devil May Cry 4)

Picture of me a few years ago for referance
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Re: Cosplaying Brainstorm
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:22:43 pm »

I think if you did this right you'd look amazing and it's never really been done

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:30 pm »

I think if you did this right you'd look amazing and it's never really been done
I concur.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:14 pm »

I think you should sell propane and propane accessories.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »
I also forgot to mention that I don't do fat/big characters. I have nothing against them. Just I don't like to cosplay as them. I did however a few years back did Cosplay as Jiraiya.
Costume Progress:

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »
Do you have current picture of yourself?
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »
Hey just giving out options for ya. Good to stick with what ya got.

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:59:54 am »
Do you have current picture of yourself?

Not at the moment no.
Costume Progress:

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 10:10:45 am »
On a more serious note, I don't think that anyone can give you a valid opinion on which would be a better cosplay if you don't have a recent picture.
I'm going to be honest here, and don't take this as a personal attack.

If you are just cosplaying for the sake of dressing up then I'd say just pick your favorite character. If you are doing it because you want to look good, I think those are both terrible choices.

In the picture you've provided you look like a larger guy, unless you've lost weight either these costume are not going to look good on you. They are both skin tight and are just going to show off every flaw you have (Dante has a coat that will hide some of it, but you still are going to have problems). I can't think of a way you could make these well to hide that fact and I can guaranteed people are going to be laughing at you behind your back because of a poor costume choice for your body type.

You are kinda shooting yourself in the foot saying "I won't cosplay as larger characters" because those are what you'd look best as! You need to embrace what you have. Hell, I even have the same problem. I always want to cosplay tiny, loli characters but I'm taller then most of my lady friends and have an hourglass figure that I can't hide. I didn't like it at first, but now that I cosplay characters that are my body type I look at lot better and I feel a lot better about what I'm wearing.

Another option for you would just be to chose a character who isn't larger in an outfit that would be more flattering on you and not stick to your skin.

Some options that I'm being totally serious about and not joking around about:
Lots of the classes from Final Fantasy tactics would be perfect. Summoner, Chemist, White Mage, Black Mage, Time Mage, and Orator would be good classes.
George from Umineko no naku koro ni

Those are just two that come to the top of my head and I've sat on the computer too long already. If you want to take this advice then I can come back later tonight and give you more options. If you are just going to blow me off, that's fine, just don't feel bad when you don't look good or people are laughing at you since someone tried to give you help and you pushed it away.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »
I agree with Boogiepop. If you want to look good you have to take your body type into consideration.

A more recent picture would make it a lot easier for other people to help you. If you really can't provide anything more recent, you could at least describe how you've changed since that was taken, to give others a better idea of what you'd look good in.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »
Hey. ITs me again. Since Kumoricon 2010 is done. I have another idea.

http://pkjd4g.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pDdKRg_MRgJ28ve-D1MLciP__XJL3pRcRo-FquxBOMJ3Ibg05vHPJ_W2gwFKgzGyQAuYguQBM2BBDMOoL_exlMQ

Zengar Zombolt. I'm not too picky on my body size and shape anymore. Zechs is still an option but I want to hear your opinions.
Costume Progress: