Author Topic: Devil May Cry 2011  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
Devil May Cry 2011
« on: September 18, 2010, 01:48:26 pm »
The urge to create a new topic for next year has been bugging me since weeks before this year's con, so... here we go!

From what I saw of this year, there were only three. If you don't count me, and the magical Dante that was rumored to be inside, there was one.  :D

I'd absolutely love to see more people join in this coming year; I'd love to get a Devil May Cry group together someday.

I plan on doing coatless!Vergil if I have time... all I really need is the hair, batting for the vest, and boots (that I plan on using for Nero, too, anyways). I'm not quite sure about the pants yet, and as for the hair, if I can't find purple toner soon, then I'll just buy more of Hot Topic's White-out kits, but I would prefer not to do this, because then I would have multiple bottles of bleach just kind of chilling around my house.  :D Sounds bad. Also, I'm doing Nero for my senior project, so he is an absolute, frightening yes:D My mentor/friend and I are going to try to make his Bringer light up.  ;D

I'm trying to get some of my friends into this for next year... I have a Kyrie cosplay/wig, and an extra Nero wig, so, really, why not.  :D

Also, here's the thread for discussing the new Devil May Cry game. I'd be thoroughly surprised/impressed if someone came as the new "Dante," despite the majority of feedback for him being negative. I personally feel a little connection to him, so, who knows what could happen? If you have opinions on the game(s)/character(s)/whatever, please try to be respectful...  :P

If we get at least a few people rounded up (maybe five, or so?), I promise to buy everyone pizza.  ;D It'd be cool for a meet-up~!

If you're posting as a maybe, that's cool, too! I'd love to hear about everyone's ideas/aspirations/et cetera. And hopefully we'll be able to inspire each other to stay focused...  :P Or, if you're just excited to see Devil May Cry cosplayers...! It's always nice to be appreciated. ;D

I'll start a super awesome cosplay list when/if we have more people. ;)
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
Re: Devil May Cry 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »
You don't understand, how much, I want to be all; 'OH! OH! I'll totally come as... DMC1 or DMC4 Dante!'
But with the cosplays I already have to get done for Kumori-con, I don't think I'll have the money, or time for that matter, to actually get the cosplay together.

I've been wanting to pull a DMC cosplay together for a while, but I've just never had the money for it.
Plus, more or less, I'm not sure if I really could pull off Dante, or any other DMC character, for that matter.

But if I do manage to come up with funds and what not, I'll find this thread again and let you know.

P.S. I would totally come as DMC5 Dante! I think he's pretty awesome looking and will have an interesting story to tell, when his game finally comes out.
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:43:44 pm »
I think I remember your posts from last year's thread.  :D And, that's totally alright. ;D DMC seems like it'd be a reaaally expensive cosplay to make (I am not aware how badly as of yet, for I have yet to go and purchase my materials for Nero :D).

I plan to stalk this thread forever, so I won't miss your post, if you do indeed end up making it.

As for the "pulling off" bit... dude, I'm 5'3. :D There's probably no way I could ever pull off an older cosplay amazingly to "that" degree, but I'm going to do my best and be proud of the work I've done... and hopefully get taller someday. ;D I think if you can be proud of the work you've done, then by all means, you've "pulled it off," even if just to yourself. I can definitely understand wanting other people to think that, too, though...  :P

...Oh, man. Total urge to cosplay DMC5 Dante... noooo! It would be so fun messing with fake blood and kicking the entire outfit around and letting my brother beat it up and stuff... :-X If anything, I want to just make this cosplay to make it, and force one of my friends cosplay monkeys into it... XD

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »
I could probably do DMC5 dante if i did the shirtless, bloody, skinny psych ward version from the trailer

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »
^ Why don't you, then. I'll give you, uuuuhh... pizza, if you do.  ;D

/wiggles eyebrows forever

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:46 pm »
Personally, I prefer a pizza followed by a strawberry sundae.
the funny thing is, that's actually one of my favorite meals ever since i was a kid

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 12:50:18 pm »
That's cool. ;D I've always been obsessed with pizza, but it's always been pizza with odd ice cream flavors on the side, like pumpkin, hazelnut... Hurr. And if you/we/I can find an ice cream place near con next year, I will totally buy you a strawberry sundae to go with your pizza. :D

When I get the fabric for Nero's coat, I'm going to try to determine if it could work for DMC5 Dante, too. :P If not, I have lots of dark pleather that I plan on using for Vergil's vest that I could take a look at... I also might not have enough red fabric left-over from previous projects for a complete interfacing, though, so I'd probably have to get more...

orz

I AM SO EXCITED to set up my new sewing machine (I need a base for it, though) and get to work...! :-X

If you cosplayed DMC5 Dante, would you use a wig? Because my friend found a good one that I'd/you'd/whoever would just need to paint some white patches into. Although, his hair would be so easy to just do with your natural hair... my hair was like that for two or so years back in middle school... But my hair is going to be white for Sakuracon/Kumoricon, so that doesn't really work for/with me personally...  :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:51:16 pm by Squallity »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »
I've got a DMC Dante anime version I need to do that is like 5% done.  I've just been lazy, but ill get on it soonish.  If it even gets 50% of the way at least a month before the con I'll be there with it done next year.

Anyone know where I can see a good video of the entire game/s  trailers strung together?  Would be great, thanks.

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:38:24 am »
^ I'm pretty sure all of the games have multiple trailers (not counting DmC yet, of course), so I doubt anyone would have strung them together as one whole video. It would probably be past Youtube's time limit/s, too, which is where it'd most likely be posted...

I could take on the task, though, if you're really needing/wanting it. :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:40:17 am by Squallity »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 09:21:40 pm »
Well I just wanted them so I would have a better feel for the games and characters that I didn't play/haven't seen.  More of an entertainment value then needing a reference but I think everyone would enjoy the entire game/s condensed if someone could find or edit the game videos.  :)