Author Topic: The 'Doctor Who' discussion thread  (Read 1219 times)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
The 'Doctor Who' discussion thread
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:18:41 pm »
BECAUSE I AM SO BORED I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY, AND NO ONE IS ONLINE.

Soooo!
I've been watching the old episodes, and my mind has been changed. My favorite doctor used to be the 9th, and I still think he is a total BAMF but I've given a part of my heart to the 2nd doctor and how silly he is.

NOW. DISCUS YOUR FAVORITE DOCTOR AND OTHER THINGS OF THAT NATURE.
<3
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: The 'Doctor Who' discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:25:58 am »
I have only watched the first two series, and their "confidential cut downs" & some of their commentaries. 1st series I've now watched most of twice. Oh and the 1st 2 parts of the 4 part series pilot from the '60s or whatnot.

However, in prep for the 2 Doctor Who-related panels we're running in the Creation Station at Orycon (see details in the Doctor Who Cosplay thread), I've been experimenting with other sources of info on the earlier docs.

(1) Audio CDs of a 1973 book, 3rd Doctor with Liz as companion, narrated by Liz (Doctor Who & The Cave Monsters).
(2) Novel of 8th Doctor (Camera Obscura).
(3) 20 Years in the TARDIS (an overview of 1960s-1980s Doctors).

Definitely with you that 9 is a BAMF & has the combo of angst & goofiness that I find so compelling & irresistible, love him with both Rose & Captain Jack.

However I was surprised to find how much 10 grew on me by the end of Series 2, especially in saying goodbye to Rose, & that his playfulness with less of a drive for vengeance felt a bit of a relief.

Eager to start Torchwood....& if I can, find some K9 & Sarah Jane Chronicles as well.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again I've been watching the Doctor since #4 Tom Baker.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:14:54 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:40:26 pm »
I had a dream that I came up with a musical in which the Time Lords did the Time Warp.

(Spoilers for those unfamiliar with series 3)

I also started (hope to finish) a filk of it based on Human Nature/ Family of Blood, with Martha frantically insisting to "John Smith" "Don't you remember being a Time Lord?!" to the tune of "I remember doing the Time Warp...."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:40:40 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).