Author Topic: So taxes....  (Read 2322 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
So taxes....
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:23:41 am »
How fairs the forum on taxes?  I am sure lots of you don't have to worry about them, some do.                                       I am still waiting on the info from my job to do ours.   I am hoping to get a small smackeral of a return.       
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: So taxes....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »
Well so far I've paid $1,000 for the month of January. Oh wait, tax returns! Dunno, I think me the Mrs. and Turbo tax are going to spend a quiet weekend this weekend and see what we shall see. I am hoping most to not get hit with the AMT, alternative minimum tax. You wouldn't think so, as we both work for a living.

BUt I did actually notice the 2% drop in the FICA taxes withheld. About $100 less, which is about what I lost to furlough days each month. Whee, I'm stimulated!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »
I didn't make enough money last year to justify filing and I'm a bit ashamed of it. I might be getting $25 if I file and I know my bank gave me at least that much in interest but the whole thing is crappy.

I usually work myself to death but I've been dealing with mind-blowing pain all last year and did a horrible job hiding it from others. This year will be different. I'm taking my life back right now. >.<'
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:57 am »
As soon as I get my tax info from my employer (they ALWAYS wait until the last minute to mail them out...), My G/F & I will sit down with our tax preparer & see how things look. I am expecting a fairly large chunk of change for each of us as usual...more so this year because of the hybrid car tax credit that I get this year. :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:30:53 am »
I'll be doing mine later today at an AARP help center; it's free!  I'd figure out how much I'd be getting before going, but there's a couple of changes to my paperwork that I'm not sure how much it'd differ.  I'll just wait and see...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »
So, I should be getting my return in a couple of weeks.  I'll be getting $1093 this year.

Money money money money,

MONEY!!!

Money money money money,

MONEY!!!

My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »
RightStuf will be happy to have your business again, I see! lol

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »
My IRA & 401(k) holders don't finish sending their 1065 K-1's till about the 1st week of March, so I then have to punch out a weekend and CRAM.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:48:12 am »
chris is about half way done with ours. he says  needs to get the rest of his info from combining a bunch of pay stubs that are online. that he has to down load first.                     On a plus side my urgent care bill came in and since I don't have insurance they took off 94$.  Its only $245.  It could have been much worse.  Seems like if you see a doctor and they have to cut you for any reason its technically surgery and costs an arm and a leg.  Tho I still would have rather not needed it at all but still.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 07:00:19 am »
chris is about half way done with ours. he says  needs to get the rest of his info from combining a bunch of pay stubs that are online. that he has to down load first.                     On a plus side my urgent care bill came in and since I don't have insurance they took off 94$.  Its only $245.  It could have been much worse.  Seems like if you see a doctor and they have to cut you for any reason its technically surgery and costs an arm and a leg.  Tho I still would have rather not needed it at all but still.
That's awsome! I agree though...anytime a doctor has a chance to do anything more than a general exam, it costs a bloody fortune. Even after 2 insurance companies payed on my surgery, it still cost me just over $3000.

Still haven't seen my tax info in the mail yet. :( Hoping it's there when I check it after work today...I really want to get filed & done already!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:38 am »
Thanks!   Also they gave me papers to fill out that might give me another discount, here is to hoping! Chris got what he needed in the mail. looks like maybe 750 for federal, not complaining!  Tho I would love a new phone I am going to make myself  wait until I can get new contract discount. 

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 01:14:29 pm »
UPDATE!

Was able to get my bill lowered to 134 how awesome is that?  More for new phone!