Author Topic: Need ride and a place to stay for the Asian celebration.  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Need ride and a place to stay for the Asian celebration.
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:34:59 am »
I was wondering if anyone would let me carpool with them to the Asian celebration in Eugene next month(Febuary) on the 19th ^^; I wouldn't be a bother at all (fairly quiet in cars unless someone's talking with me, then i just...well...talk xD).
I also would need a place to stay for Saturday night, so if anyone (that i know in real life) that lives in Eugene could help, i would really be happy ;w;
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:35:14 am by Saki-the-cat »

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: Need ride and a place to stay for the Asian celebration.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »
I will most likely volunteer to work at the Asian Celebration this year.  I do origami, so I usually hang out in the children's area.  I also have a lot of anime and anime themed music, so I may be playing videos or something.  There are copyright issues about displaying anime in a public place.

I'm open to having you, and maybe one friend, stay overnight.  We have a room and a Queen size airbed that can be used for guests.  There is also plenty of free parking in front of the house, so you won't have to worry about finding a place to park.  If you decide to come by train, I can pick you up from the station if necessary.

This is only a place to stay.  I won't be doing any driving beyond from my home to the Fairgrounds and back.

While here you will have access to all of my Anime Friday anime collection.  That is over 3 terabytes of fansubs, including all of Hetalia.  You can also chat with my wife who is a professional graphic artist and a seamstress.  She did panels for both last KumoriCon.

PM or email me if interested.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »
Well i would have to talk to my mom about that ^^; Like i said in the first post, it needs to be someone i know in real life or my mom wouldn't feel very comfortable. Even i myself am not very fond of staying over at strangers houses, so it probably wouldn't work out...I'm very sorry about that, But thank you for the offer.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:56 pm »
Hey, no problem.  I understand, my own kids are both older than you, and I would feel uncomfortable having them stay with someone who I had never met.  I may have met you before, but never been introduced.  Not that that really makes a difference, either.  The people in Eugene who know me, and have been to my house at least once, are RemSaverem, Radien, JeniOctavia, and Hattsune on this forum.  You may know me as Hohenheim of the Light from KCon.  Anyway, good luck finding a ride and a place to stay.  I'll see you at the Asian Celebration!  ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!