Author Topic: Deathly Hallows pt. 2  (Read 2959 times)

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
Deathly Hallows pt. 2
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:55:29 am »
I haven't been on in a while but I just wanted to come here and whimper.

I spent this morning watching the livestream of the premiere and I'm crying right now.

I just can't believe this is the end.
I miss 2010.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
Re: Deathly Hallows pt. 2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:38 pm »
Me too..... Harry Potter has been a part of my life since it started in 1997, and here I am 21 years old, watching it all come to an end.

I didn't realize just how much this series had honestly affected me until this moment, I feel like a part of my childhood is disappearing and I'm not ready to grow up yet.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:12:12 pm »
So many things have happened to me in the last two months. I moved out of the house I've lived in for the last ten years, I graduated high school, and now this. It's just really really overwhelming. This story and these characters have grown up with me. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them.
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »
I can't describe how broken up it makes me.
I had the first one read to me in the first grade, and I've read it 25 times since. I've been at every movie premier I could, every book opening, and I've had more than 4 Harry Potter themed parties.

I know most people have heard this story, but I'm going to tell it anyways.
I was looking for Harry Potter plates for my premier party, a supply that has constantly been in party stores since I was a kid, and no matter how many stores I went to, I couldn't find them.
That's what made it sink in for me. The fandom is dying.
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE?
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »
So many things have happened to me in the last two months. I moved out of the house I've lived in for the last ten years, I graduated high school, and now this. It's just really really overwhelming. This story and these characters have grown up with me. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them.

Like D;

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:30 pm »
Rereading the books again for the millionth time to get ready for the premiere.  I won't be able to go at midnight (work), but darned if I'm not going to go in my full Hufflepuff outfit when I do see it anyway. LOL. 
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:29 pm »
If I was younger I would agree with you all. Of course, I'm not much older than some of you and even younger than others.
I read my first HP book in 3rd grade (it was the second one cause the school library didn't have the first) when my friend Michael got me into it. He was always reading it at recess and he was my only friend so I asked him what was so great about a book. Soon we were both reading it during recess. I had the bedsheets to the dolls to the cloak. If it was HP I owned it and loved it. I even had the books on cassette!
But now, I've grown up. I've sold most of my HP stuff (most of it to Katria) and while I still have some, the fandom is even dieing for me. I can't stay in the past or in the magical world no matter how much I want to. HP will always have a special place in my heart but I've accepted it is time to move on. I will be going to the midnight premier (even though my play opens that next night and I have rehearsal the night of) and I will have some HP stuff with me but this movie is more than just HP. It's sort of a growing up point. It's the last film from the original book series and it's finally time to grow up and put the magical world behind me. I've moved out of my parents home (I moved back to go back to college.), I have a stable relationship, I got a job, and I'm saving up to move out again. I have my major all planned out and I have even looked into apartments around the school I might be transferring to.

A lot of people see this as the end of their childhood. But instead you should see it as the beginning of a new road. HP is over but it's taught us how to grow up. The magic never really leaves because it will always be there in our hearts.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
It's true that this is just another sign of my growing up and moving on as an adult, but during a time when I'm already dealing with so much change, and being seemingly overwhelmed by a growing sense of nostalgia, I'm finding myself taking the ending of this series extremely hard.

Yes I understand it isn't truly over, because I will continue to carry this story with me and will one day share it with my children, but I can't help but mourn the fact that I will never again get that excited feeling I had when awaiting a new book or movie from the franchise.

I was introduced to Harry Potter in 1998 by my mother, we had just moved to a new town and I was having a hard time making friends, so my mom bought the first book for me to read that summer before 4th grade. From then on I was hooked, I saw a bit of myself in the struggle the characters experienced, and found myself learning right along with them. As they grew through the series, I grew also... In fact Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are actually the same age as I am, so when I watch the movies it's like looking at where and how I was at the time that movie came out, it's strange really. If I choose to marathon the movies it's like seeing a timeline of how I myself have grown and matured over the years. Harry Potter is one of the things that got me through the years I was bullied by my peers, and I know I wasn't the only person who had to force out a hollow laugh on their 12th birthday when that infamous letter didn't arrive on their doorstep, because even though I know it isn't real, somewhere in my heart the series is real to me.

Sorry if this all seems melodramatic and petty, but it really is hard to explain how empowered and reassured this series allowed me to feel, and I can't tell you how many times a scene in the books or movies would cause me to laugh out loud when I would otherwise be crying. In the end I guess it's just hard to believe that after 13 years this is the end.... I sadly won't be attending the midnight premiere, but that's because my best friend is coming up from Oregon to see it,. and won't be there until the 3am showing... but honestly I'd rather see it with her than see it first. Her feelings about the series match my own, and I know we'll be holding hands and crying like dorks the entire time, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

ALSO REMEMBER GUYS POTTERMORE IS COMING OUT! HNGGGGGGGGGGG! <3
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:04:51 pm »
We bawled, I'm not even ashamed. Openly sobbing all over the movie theater.

That was really hard to watch. I loved it though, I have no qualms.

IDK if this counts as spoilers but I thought I'd post this here.

SPOILERS (kinda)

~~My HP Experience~~

I went to the midnight premiere of HP:DH2 last night, I knew it was going to be emotional, I knew I was going to cry, I knew it was going to be difficult.

I underestimated just how hard it was going to hit me that that’s it. It’s over. Done. Finished. I didn’t know that me and at least four of the people I went with were going to be sobbing so loudly, crying so hard that the screen went blurry. That I was going to lose the ability to see what was going on because it was happening.

This movie, it was to say the very least, so much more than just a movie for me. I grew up with these people on the screen, they weren’t just actors. I knew them. They were a part of me, an influence in my life.

I know that it had to end, that eventually it was going to be over, but it didn’t really hit me until the credits were rolling, I was sitting there staring blankly at the screen while my friend next to me let out the tears I had run out of.

Something that struck me is the fact that during the laughter and the tears, shared by every single person in that theatre, every significant moment was punctuated by the fans in that audience. Every moment but one. When Voldemort finally met his end the theatre was dead silent. In that moment I felt so close with so many people. I feel as though it was this shared moment of realization that that was the end. That moment physically hurt me. It still does.

I’m not ready for it to be over. I got closure, sure, but sometimes it’s really hard to let go, to let that be it. My comfort is knowing that this is something that is shared by so many people, and as long as we remember it, it can never be forgotten.

Long Live Harry Potter.

Thank you, J.K. Rowling, for sharing such wonderful stories with me and with the world. You inspire me so much and I will cherish the moments I have experienced through your stories.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:43:04 am by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 08:30:32 pm »
I read the first four books in first grade, when I was six. I went to the midnight releases for the fifth, sixth and seventh books, where I pretended jellybeans tasted like grass or boogers and then I stayed up till two, three, four AM reading until someone told me I should sleep. I've seen every movie, I've dressed up from it, I used to roleplay it with my friends, I even wrote mediocre fanfiction when I was 9. The series has been important to me in a pretty big way for the past nine years, more than half of my life. And now it's over. I really was crying at the movie, and clinging to my mom's hand, and at the very last scene, when I could tell it was about to end, I started shaking a little. It's not even really about how good the movie was, whether it lived up to my expectations or not, though it was fantastic and it did.

I think one of the amazing things about Harry Potter is how real the world they live in feels, and the movies just make it all the more so. I felt like I could reach out and touch the cascade of treasures in Bellatrix's vault, or the dragon, or the sword of Gryffindor. I feel like these characters are real people, friends and rivals and mentors that I've grown up with, and now there leaving and I won't ever see them again. Sure, I can reread the books. I can rewatch the movies, I can read fanfiction and watch fanvids and cosplay, but the fact remains that we've now seen all there is to see. We've lost people we truly cared about, however fictional.

I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but it really sums up how I feel about this series a lot better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWKEXvtsWRE

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »
Reading all of your posts reminds me of the way I felt when Little House on the Prairie ended.  I was roughly the same age as Mellisa Gilbert the girl playing Laura Ingalls.  (I think I had a crush on her)  That series ran for 10 years.  It was really hard on me to watch it end, especially watching them blow up all the buildings in town.  THAT really got to me.  When Michael Landon died, in July of 91, I felt like I lost my father.  I think the only death that shocked me more was the death of Jim Henson.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 08:59:32 pm »
SPOILLLEEERRRSSS!!!!

I just don't know what to to without HP in my life! I feel like I just lost someone very close to me, I was sobbing in the theater, I loved him so much, my beloved snape, he loved lilly so so so much and in turn harry, it kills me. I LOVE HIMMM!! T~T I just is surreal that this is all over I've been with them since the verrry begining!

(Just adding a missing [ / that broke a tag. ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:42:29 pm by randompvg »
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »
To put it simply I am crushed and overwhelmed with grief and happiness
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC