Author Topic: Where is a good place to get contacts?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
Where is a good place to get contacts?
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:03:03 pm »
Like the subject says i need contacts where are some good sites to get them
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
Re: Where is a good place to get contacts?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »
Heard good things about here: Goddess Boutique
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:07:43 pm by CyberIncision »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:39:03 pm »
pinkyparadise.com is a good place, that's where I get mine.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:55:07 pm »
youknowit.com I've gotten all mine but my aqua ones there and they are pretty cheap.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »
Vampfangs.com   my friend got some full white out ones from there for fun, and he loves them.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
I just ordered some from here http://www.candylens.com/

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »
I wish I could get some without legally having to get a perscription. Even though it would help my vision to have the perscription I don't need the additional cost. :(
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 07:11:50 pm »
You shouldnt have to buy one. Go to the eye doctor and tell them that you need to know what your perscription is to order new glasses or something like that, and they should tell you. They cant not tell you if its your eyes.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »
There is a federal law requiring your perscription to be updated every year if you want new glasses/contacts and you have to get a specific perscription for contacts so a perscription for glasses does not work.

It has been over 8 years since I have had new glasses so my perscription is waay outdated.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:19 pm »
Well, the glasses is for two years, contacts is for one. It's because your eyes are always changing. 6 months, it could be a certain prescription, the next 6 months it could change enough to make a site difference. Plus your eye could develop all kinds of site inhibiting bacteria and diseases in a year or two, and the tests for those are sometimes part of the exam. If you purchase contacts without having a fitting it can mess with your eyes and really screw them up. They have to measure your circumference to be safe < worked as an optician.

TL;DR: Contacts without prescription can mess up your eyes, even if you don't need glasses. They have to measure your eye to give you the right ones, otherwise it could do a lot of damage < worked as an optician.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 02:07:34 am »
Yep. Doesn't stop me from wanting them for cheaper cost though  ;D

hmm, time to make a mold of my eyes using silly putty to make my own contacts.

...j/k :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 11:51:00 am »
Well, the glasses is for two years, contacts is for one. It's because your eyes are always changing. 6 months, it could be a certain prescription, the next 6 months it could change enough to make a site difference. Plus your eye could develop all kinds of site inhibiting bacteria and diseases in a year or two, and the tests for those are sometimes part of the exam. If you purchase contacts without having a fitting it can mess with your eyes and really screw them up. They have to measure your circumference to be safe < worked as an optician.

TL;DR: Contacts without prescription can mess up your eyes, even if you don't need glasses. They have to measure your eye to give you the right ones, otherwise it could do a lot of damage < worked as an optician.

Most contacts come in an 8.4 circumference, or at least they fit that circumference. correct? Thats what I've always had and what most boxes say. and websites with color contacts say. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:06:18 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

Most contacts come in an 8.4 circumference, or at least they fit that circumference. correct? Thats what I've always had and what most boxes say. and websites with color contacts say.

Yep that's true. But the fitting allows them to test for if your eye has something irregular going on, and some people are allergic to certain brands, or they cause more irritation than others. It's more of a one size fits most. It is required in America to have an prescription (even if you don't need it for site correction and it is blank except for circumference and base curve) to purchase contact lenses. My mom purchased some from out of the country, and any real damage is not likely. But they advise it :)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 12:05:17 pm »

Yep that's true. But the fitting allows them to test for if your eye has something irregular going on, and some people are allergic to certain brands, or they cause more irritation than others. It's more of a one size fits most. It is required in America to have an prescription (even if you don't need it for site correction and it is blank except for circumference and base curve) to purchase contact lenses. My mom purchased some from out of the country, and any real damage is not likely. But they advise it :)

I am an 8.4 circumference I just ordered circle lenses at an 8.6 base curve and I would be alright because a +/- .2mm is ok. However, wearing them all day long is not suggested.

I am allergic to opti-free solution lol took me a long time to figure out thats what was bothering my eyes so much too! I'm ssooooo glad I switched brands lol.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:08:40 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 12:15:03 pm »
The 8.6 is the base curve. Sorta, it's not recommended. You could do the size difference, but you wouldn't need to if you knew your base curve. The average base curve is 8.6 and diameter is 14. To get them in another size you would have to special order, unless the site or office happens to carry them, which I'm sure some do. How long have you used contacts? Are they for cosplay or do you use them for correction? I know it varies per person but I was wondering about how long the irritation lasted for you. (I've only ever worn glasses lol)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01:07 pm »
I wear contacts for eye correction. I ordered circle lenses in my prescription for fun; although, I wont be wearing them on an everyday basis like my regular contacts I will be wearing them for cosplay and haunted house stuff and that will only be a few hours at a time.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 06:53:49 pm »
yeah, being that I'm way above average size in most regards, it would be best to have my eye measured to be sure :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline kaylakamikaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 03:28:31 pm »
I get mine from Costal Contacts. My eye doctor directed me towards their website when I told him I needed some for a show my band was going to be doing. He let me know that other websites wont store the lenses in styrile sulution and could possibly cause blindness especially if the price seems too good to be true. You do need to have a prescription to place an order, but honestly just pay the extra money and get your eyes checked you can get them without any strength just for decorative purposes and they are well worth it I have ordered from here 4 times and havent been dissapointed.

http://www.coastalcontacts.com/
kumoricon 2012

day 1 Ash - black butler 0 percent
day 2 Will of the Abyss - pandora hearts 0 percent
day 3 Eruka - soul eater - 95 percent