Author Topic: SOLVED PLEASE DELETE  (Read 1620 times)

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
SOLVED PLEASE DELETE
« on: August 17, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »
I need to paint my maka boots black and the straps white, I don't know a good kind of paint to use, please help me!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:17:35 pm by jam112383 »
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: boot paint help me
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »
Well what are they made of? Floral paints are meant to flex and won't crack, you can get floral spraypaint at Michaels.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »
the boots are leather (fake leather) not sure on the straps spray paint would be tricky because of the straps...
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »
Well can't you tape off the straps, and then once the black is dry take the tape off and tape off the black so you can paint the straps white?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:25:02 am »
You could try acrylic, "Americana" brand from JoAnn's. It's inexpensive and, like other acrylics, it's meant to flex to some degree. It may show signs of cracking, but if you put it on thick at the ankle areas and plan for maintenance, then you'll probably be okay.

There's also craft paints, not just floral paints, that are acrylic or plastic flex-like when dry. If it can be applied to foam, then it should be safe for the pleather. You might want to look into a matte spray can of sealant which possibly may reduce the amount of scuffing and cracking that may happen. Any cracks that will appear are likely to appear where your toes flex the shoe and around the ankle.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »
You could try acrylic, "Americana" brand from JoAnn's. It's inexpensive and, like other acrylics, it's meant to flex to some degree. It may show signs of cracking, but if you put it on thick at the ankle areas and plan for maintenance, then you'll probably be okay.

There's also craft paints, not just floral paints, that are acrylic or plastic flex-like when dry. If it can be applied to foam, then it should be safe for the pleather. You might want to look into a matte spray can of sealant which possibly may reduce the amount of scuffing and cracking that may happen. Any cracks that will appear are likely to appear where your toes flex the shoe and around the ankle.

This worked thank you!
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita