Author Topic: Wolf's Rain...?  (Read 10414 times)

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« on: August 25, 2006, 01:23:26 am »
Are there any Wolf's Rain cosplayers for this year?  

I am being a WR char. one day, though I'd prefer not to reveal who specifically until the con.

Just curious...^.^
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)
2009-Princess Peach (Nintendo)
2010-Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
2011- ~Undertaker~ (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:53:31 am »
Wolf's Rain is my FAVOURITE TV show of all time. Not just my favourite anime, but my favourite show/ movie/ anything.

It means so much to me. ;_____;

I would love to cosplay as someone from it one day, but I'm not sure who. Probably Toboe.

I hate touching people and I never ask for hugs, but...

If I see you at the con can I give youa hug? T____T
Wolf's Rain. *SOBS*

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
WR!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 03:17:40 pm »
Yay!  *cheers enthusiastically*  Someone who appreciates Wolf's Rain as much as I do!  *hands you many muffins of congrats and thanks*

Wolf's Rain is my favorite anime!  ^______^

Of course you can give me a hug, lol!  This is my FIRST con ever, so you will be my first con-hug! .....er...you know what I mean!  xD

I will be running around as a WR character Saturday afternoon/evening with my friend (unfortunately not a WR char.) who is cosplaying as Ayame from Inuyasha so if you see me, please say hello and feel free to give me a hug!  *heehee*  I've never had anyone ask to hug me before.....O.o''  ^.^''

I hope my costume will be up to par, as it's the first one I've ever put together....x.X....

Anywho, looking forward to seeing you!!!  x)

...Oh!  Forgot to mention...That would be awesome if you could be Toboe!  He is so adorable!  Though it would be amazing if you could put together his outfit in time!   :shock:  :?  8)  :wink:
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 03:30:40 pm »
I loved the series BUT the end was soo... sad.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 05:28:43 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
I loved the series BUT the end was soo... sad.

The ending was indeed sad, but it is my all time favorite ending. I always compare endings to wolf's rains.
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 06:18:45 pm »
Oh! I should do Darsha next year. I have the contact for the eye and every thing!!

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 07:43:38 pm »
The ending was sad indeed, but I think it meant more, that way.

I consider it quite a few steps above most anime, and even above the level of most good Hollywood movies.

The plot was simply amazing.

For my first project in my Intro to Audio class at the Art Institute of Portland, we had to put full sound effects to a three minute peice of film with no dialoge.

I chose the last three minutes of the last episdoe of Wolf's Rain, since it consited of sound effects with no speaking.

And I did a pretty damn good job I might add.

[ You have no idea how hard it is so peice together the sounds of someone running, jogging, and walking to make that last sequence when Kiba runs off work right. D:> ]

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:42:21 pm »
The ending was depressing, but so emotionally provocative that it makes your jaw drop and your eyes well with tears!

I agree with Irate Beldam, the complicated, meticulous plot was much more enthralling than many movies and better than any anime I can think of.  *sigh*

It's such a wonderful series I think I'll go watch an episode right now....*runz off*  xD

Yay!  More WR cosplays!  Even for next year!  ^.~  Darcia's costume would be hard to do....x_x''

Irate Beldam
:  You did?  That would be difficult!  XP  Fun though!  ^.^
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:58 pm »
Yeah, it really was quite well thought out.

It was one of those series that, at the end, I just...smiled. That was the only way I could express how it made me feel.

When I was much younger, in grade school, the only thing that really made life worth living was animated cartoons. And as I grew older, it turned into me liking anime. Of course I eventually found other interests, but even when I gret up, I never forgot what they meant to me.

And I realized, maybe, maybe there were other little kids who had been like me. Maybe animation was their only source of happiness, at some point in their lives?

I decided I wanted to be an animator, because I wanted to give other little kids the chance to learn and smile, as I had.

And when I watched the Wolf's Rain series, it solidified my decision.

I applied to art school, and was accepted.

I'm now an animation major at the Art Insititue of Portland, Oregon.

And that is why Wolf's Rain means what it does, to me.
It is my life.

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 02:39:37 am »
o.o....Wow.  It's unbelievably wonderful that you're living out your dream, and will soon be able to animate and provide comfort for kids as anime did for you!  I'm so happy for you!  xD

Your story is just flawless, and is proof of how powerful anime can be!  It's not a hobby, it's life-changing!

=)
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 11:50:01 pm »
D00d, Wolf's Rain... rocked....

oddly, I like the english version better 'cause the voice actors were so amazing @3@... but still... Yush, it was sad T.T

I'm planning on cosplaying Kiba one day ('cause he's so darn easy XP) But... I might add dog ears for the heck of it ^^ and/or a tail.... god, that'l be fun XK

But I might also cosplay something cute, 'cause of all the good anthro-like Digimon and Pkemon I've seen before....

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 01:21:46 am »
Quote from: "lurkingpuppy"
o.o....Wow.  It's unbelievably wonderful that you're living out your dream, and will soon be able to animate and provide comfort for kids as anime did for you!  I'm so happy for you!  xD

Your story is just flawless, and is proof of how powerful anime can be!  It's not a hobby, it's life-changing!

=)

Exactly. People who say cartoons are meaningless are just silly~

And, well. Mostly living my dream. Even if I switch to film major, I'll still be using stories to give people the chance to be happy and learn. It's not really important to me whether it's animated or not, it's the just first route I decided to try. >__<

But yeah. n___n

Oh and. By the way.

Among many other outfits, I will also be attending the con as Toboe!
{ This was a very spur of the moment thing. I realized I had his entire outfit, save for the hairstyle and the pale reddish jean jacket thing. }

I have the full costume. I'm just waiting on the wig. { The only shoppe I ordered it from said it should be here no later than Friday. }

So, uh. Look for me! XD

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 09:56:05 pm »
Hazuza:  That would be cool if you could be Kiba on one day!  At least then there would be a couple of WR characters!  xD   :D

Irate Beldam:  I agree!  Film major, animation major...I don't believe that it will be more or less effective animated or not!  So you ARE living your dream!  ^___^

No way!  You're seriously going as Toboe?  I am shocked and amazed at your speed at throwing his costume together!  Astounded by your cosplay skills!   :twisted:  :D   Awesome!

I can't believe it!  That's incredible!  We must have a picture together!  'Tis mandatory, I say!

I will definitely look for you and am definitely looking forward to meeting you and seeing you as Toboe!  xD

*hands out pocky to all WR cosplayers*

*confetti*

The con is SO close!
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:03 pm »

I will definitely look for you and am definitely looking forward to meeting you and seeing you as Toboe!  xD

*confetti*

The con is SO close!

I know!!! ONLY 4 DAYS!!! FOUR DAAAAYYYYSSSS~~~!!! OMFGIGBMFAO! (no one knows what that means :P Just TRY to translate it)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 11:20:11 pm »
Hazuza:  That would be cool if you could be Kiba on one day!  At least then there would be a couple of WR characters!  xD   :D

Irate Beldam:  I agree!  Film major, animation major...I don't believe that it will be more or less effective animated or not!  So you ARE living your dream!  ^___^

No way!  You're seriously going as Toboe?  I am shocked and amazed at your speed at throwing his costume together!  Astounded by your cosplay skills!   :twisted:  :D   Awesome!

I can't believe it!  That's incredible!  We must have a picture together!  'Tis mandatory, I say!

*confetti*

The con is SO close!

Heehee, well, Toboe's costume is REALLY easy. I hope the wig I got was okay, and I hope it comes!!

AND. Guess what else?

A friend of mine off of Gaia Online is coming as Cheza!!

Holy crap, if there are three or four of us we totally need a photoshoot!!

My friend and I will be dressing up on Sunday. Do you think you can do that?? I really only just met her, but I have her phone number and everything, so we could arrange a time to get photos and the like!

{ I say this beacsue, I will have so many outfits, I will be changing two to three times a day...so I wanna make sure we all see each other in costume. x3 }

Anyway, eeeek!! We might seriously have almost the whole friggin' gang!! *Dies of happiness.*

Although, I must admit. My Toboe costume is quite normal. I wore it today, minus the wig, and no one even recognized me. Such normal clothes they wear! >___<

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 12:37:49 am »
Really!?  A Cheza too!?  *squees*  That's so great!!!!

xD  What if we ran into a Hige or Tsume or someone too!?!?  Heh!  Spectacular!  When I chose who I was going to be I never expected to find other WR cosplayers!

Lol...I'm sorry no one recognizes you, but it's not your fault cute little Toboe wears such average clothes! >.<''  x.X  ^.~''

My costume isn't elaborate either!  Hopefully people more familiar with anime will recognize us!  ^__^

I truly hope my costume is up to you and your friend's standards...as it's the first I've ever put together!  x.x  -.-''  *dies*  Not that it was a particularly meticulous task....*tried to pick an easy first cosplay*

Sunday, huh?  Well, I'm actually going to be wearing it Saturday, but I can probably dress up again Sunday morning and then change into my other costume later in the day  ^.^''.....  As long as I work out my hair dye troubles.  x.x  Too bad you guys weren't thinking Saturday too....x(

Anywho, it's superb to have more WR cosplayers!!!!  

also....

FOUR DAYS!
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 08:17:49 am »
Yeah, unfortunatly, Saturday is like my girly dress-up-in-dresses day. Dx

And so will Sunday morning be, for a bit. { I'm helping with the pocky delivry thinger I believe, and they'd probably enjoy pocky from a Goth-Loli rather than someone who looked average like Toboe does. Unless someone requests a WR character, then I'll be delivering in dresses. x333 }

But I'm sure all of us can figure out a time to dress in costume at the same time. : D

And it would be awesome if there was a Hige and Tsume, too! Eeeek~ And a Kiba, and. Who knows!! { Though, I don't know who you're going as? >___< }

Exciiitemeeeent~~ :3!!
[/size]

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:23:24 pm »
I LOVE Toboe! I will glomp ALL of you! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry... ^_^

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 11:44:50 pm »
Quote from: "shikyo"
I LOVE Toboe! I will glomp ALL of you! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry... ^_^

Haha I'll be waiting for your hug then. :3

I wonder if people will actually recognize me? Toboe is dressed SO normal...XD

...And damnit, I reeeeally hope the wig comes in the mail at the time promised! Or I'm screwed, and can't dress up like Toboe. ;_________;

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nightbladesden.spaces.live.com/
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 02:02:44 am »
I love Wolfs Rain. :D

Hmm... I have a black fox tail and a collar, I might just show up as a random wolf from an alley way or something, to poor to be really alberate and go for a spacific char.
I need a life. Mind if I take yours?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 06:59:25 pm »
Yes!  Hugs are kewl!  xD  *giddy with anticipation of the con*

Irate Beldam:  Oh!  Xo  I hope your wig comes too!  It better!  T_T  Since it was promised to you by Friday!  Yes, >.<''  I'm still not revealing who I am!  xD  Because I'm eccentric like that.  x.X''  

Yeah, okie, so we'll just find each other at the con and form a schedule/plan then?  We'll figure out when/where to meet on Sunday once we locate each other at the con?  You might have to look for me (just look for a WR character with an Ayame from Inuyasha) unless you tell me more specifically what your costume looks like!  ^.~

NightBlade:  Yeah!  That would be cool!  Fox tail!  x)  

Eeeeeeeeee!  The con is SO CLOSE I cannot stand it!  The excitement is consuming my mind and closing in around me, constricting my thoughts, it's too much, I don't know what to do, I'm not sure I can wait I just might....

BOOM

*explodyness*

-.-''
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 07:15:32 pm »
*chuckles* Yep,
You see a chick walking around with a black fox tail w/white tip, that's be me  8)

The dog tag reading "NightBlade" is a big tip off though *lol*

Yeah I hope your wigs comes soon :D

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 07:47:52 pm »
Yes!  Hugs are kewl!  xD  *giddy with anticipation of the con*

Irate Beldam:  Oh!  Xo  I hope your wig comes too!  It better!  T_T  Since it was promised to you by Friday!  Yes, >.<''  I'm still not revealing who I am!  xD  Because I'm eccentric like that.  x.X''  

Yeah, okie, so we'll just find each other at the con and form a schedule/plan then?  We'll figure out when/where to meet on Sunday once we locate each other at the con?  You might have to look for me (just look for a WR character with an Ayame from Inuyasha) unless you tell me more specifically what your costume looks like!  ^.~

NightBlade:  Yeah!  That would be cool!  Fox tail!  x)  

Eeeeeeeeee!  The con is SO CLOSE I cannot stand it!  The excitement is consuming my mind and closing in around me, constricting my thoughts, it's too much, I don't know what to do, I'm not sure I can wait I just might....

BOOM

*explodyness*

-.-''

Yeah, it better come! ;_; I'll actually be at the con part of the way through Friday...sooo...I hope it comes tomorrow. XD

I'm sure I'll be able to find you. XD

If anyone was lookin' for me and wanted a picture/ hug/ whatever of Toboe, then can just call me, and I'll come if I can answer the phone. :o

971-226-1633

:3
<33

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:26 pm »
bloop~

I /would/ be a Kiba this year... But I jost my jacket T.T Seriousy, It's so easy! Here's the shirt, here's the jeans... Mess up my hair a bit...

TA-DA!! Instant Kiba! er... I might need blue contacts though o.o...

AAanyways... I'll look through my dad's closet tomorrow when he's at the store, maybe I'l find a jecket before the con ;) Wh00p.

---

ONLY 3 DAYS!!! YES!!!! *stocks up on pocky for cosplayers* the day after the day after tomorrow, luff <3

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 12:35:18 am »
I have an old tattered blue jean jacket I could loan you hazuza, as long as I get it back >>

like I said earlier, look for the fox tail *lol* PM if interested ok?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 09:36:43 pm »
Bah, no thanks.

No one'll tell who I am anyways <.<... unless I get a Hige, toboe, etc. to walk around with... or a Cheza *-*...

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 10:44:31 pm »
Quote from: "Hazuza"
Bah, no thanks.

No one'll tell who I am anyways <.<... unless I get a Hige, toboe, etc. to walk around with... or a Cheza *-*...

I am going as Toboe.

My friend is going as Cheza.

We'll be dressing up on Sunday.

:D
[/size]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 12:45:09 pm »
Oh, that's awesome! Except... o.= sunday's the only day I can't go...

But ah well... My first con, I'll be happy either way ^^ maybe next year

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:29 pm »
I'm so happiiiiee!

My Toboe wig came!

It looks *SO* good! It really looks like Toboe. *Sobs of happiness*

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 01:12:18 pm »
If I end up coming on Sunday, I'll be sure to hunt you guys down <.<...

And glomp you <3

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 02:30:03 pm »
Heehee yaaaay. :33

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 03:09:21 pm »
Yaaaaaaay!  Your wig came!  *woot*  xD  I can't wait to see you as Toboe!  Awesome!

Also...Hazuza!  I'll be dressing up as my Wolf's Rain character on Saturday!  x)  Look for me!?   :shock:  :D  8)

Sorry I haven't responded for awhile, guys.  I'm very busy with last minute preparation that I procrastinated doing until now.  x.x''

I just dyed my hair...Eee...Now I'm going to go get my bangs cut.  ^.^''
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »
Yaaaaaaay!  Your wig came!  *woot*  xD  I can't wait to see you as Toboe!  Awesome!

Also...Hazuza!  I'll be dressing up as my Wolf's Rain character on Saturday!  x)  Look for me!?   :shock:  :D  8)

Sorry I haven't responded for awhile, guys.  I'm very busy with last minute preparation that I procrastinated doing until now.  x.x''

I just dyed my hair...Eee...Now I'm going to go get my bangs cut.  ^.^''

:P I'll be the dumbfounded 12-year-old wearing a black sasuke shirt, yellow vest, and green baggy-ish jeans on that day. (:P i ish idiot) You'll know who I am bythat. TRUST me

edit: Saw Hige when I was leaving today ^^ But I was too shy to say hello... Next time I'll ask for a picture :P I'll be coslaying Kabuto from Naruto (Crappily and without white hair) Sunday. Look for me!!

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 11:58:32 pm »
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!  I never saw any other WR cosplayers!  Why?!  Why did we not run into each other!?  *pout pout*

I did talk to someone who was going to be Cheza Sunday, but I didn't see her Sunday even though I cosplayed again specifically for that reason!  *cries*

BTW...I was Blue.

*sniff sniff*

x(

Two people recognized me the entire time I was there.  Which wouldn't have been so bad if I had had a chance to take pics with you guys!

*sigh*

Sorry for the ranting....Sorry for the late posting as well...I've been busy with school and moving.  x.x''
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 06:16:12 pm »
You were blue!?! I was Hige for the first and last days. I can't beleive we didn't run into each other...that would have been a very good photomoment there *nods*

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 07:14:41 pm »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"
that would have been a very good photomoment there *nods*

*nods* I agree! mini-photoshoot time ^^ *pulls out camera*

--

I can't believe I didn't see Blue, though!! I would have recognized you!! ... maybe...

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 11:24:47 pm »
Nooooooooooooooooo!  *whine rant whine sob sniffle*  Okay...enough of that....

Yes, I was Blue.  It was my first-ever cosplay, too.  x.x  I was dressed as her for Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning, then changed into Kanna (from Inuyasha.)  I had the coat and scarf and boots (though they weren't quite tall enough) and I dyed my hair black and everything.....xp  I can't believe I didn't see you as Hige either!  Argh!  x.x

I didn't get any photos with any other WR characters.  Too bad.  x(  Next year we should coordinate better.  -.-''
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Wolf's Rain...?
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 11:34:30 pm »
Well next year, I am going to go as Hige again. Why? Because I can't let that collar that Vondan made me go to waste after just one convention. I'm going to use it till it breaks. :D Besides, it looks really cool and Hige is a nice costume to have and it's slightly easy as well.