Author Topic: Forced to Resort to Public Transportation  (Read 1646 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Forced to Resort to Public Transportation
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:53:58 pm »
I took my car in to get fixed figuring that my bike would be good for backup, but the battery had run down and it wouldn't start.  So I had to hike 2 miles and hop on the max today..

However, I plugged in bike last night to charge up battery and it seems to be cooperating now, so I don't have to ride max all the way to hillsboro and hike another couple miles to work.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Forced to Resort to Public Transportation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:40:14 pm »
public transit can bite some times espec when far from stop, for my job if i can't get a ride its 3 buses and 20 block walk

tho i am getting a car on sunday and mylicence on mon if i pass the test
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:24:33 pm »
You should replace motorcycle batteries every year. They are just too small to last long through the winter. I beat wondering if it would start when I wanted to go home again.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 07:20:10 pm »
You should replace motorcycle batteries every year. They are just too small to last long through the winter. I beat wondering if it would start when I wanted to go home again.
It is something to consider, however I have a trickle charger at home that seems to make it work, when it doesn't then I'm going to get a new battery.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:12:01 pm »
I walk 3.5 miles to work every day, which is about 50+ blocks. That's the next suburb east of here. What's so bad about walking or riding a bike anyways?!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:29:03 pm »
Work evenings, live 12 miles from work, have no public transportation to speak of, and no shoulder to ride on, the road is very dark, and often fog bound in winter. No way am I walking or bicycling that home every night.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:25:41 pm »
Work evenings, live 12 miles from work, have no public transportation to speak of, and no shoulder to ride on, the road is very dark, and often fog bound in winter. No way am I walking or bicycling that home every night.
Legit

I'll be biking 20+ miles to school each day and back again five days a week starting next week.  I'm pretty conditioned for it though.  It takes about 65 miles before I get tired and even then I feel fine the next day unless it's well over 100.  I figure I want to stay in shape this winter and fall since I probably won't have money to play DDR with until January.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:20:11 pm »
I walk 3.5 miles to work every day, which is about 50+ blocks. That's the next suburb east of here. What's so bad about walking or riding a bike anyways?!
It's not bad, just takes up lots more time