Author Topic: Ever think you like a particular anime or character too much  (Read 14083 times)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Ever think you like a particular anime or character too much
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
I can totally relate to you guys. Ever since I was a teeny tot, I've always been daydreaming about my favorite characters hanging out with me. I still do. Oh yes. Dream is my middle name.

The one Anime I was overly obsessed with was Pokemon. I even cried a few times because I wanted the characters to be real so badly. Heh, I was so emo back then. Middle school days, what a ride.

My current obsession is Hiei... but then again, I get easily obsessed with other Anime guys (Shigure, Shino, Ishida...). ^^0

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 02:07:54 pm »
I often wonder if I like Yuka Takeuchi from Variable Geo or Chiharu Shinonome from Eiken too much. But hey, I don't mind if I DO like them too much.

Please do not complain because I like Eiken, that's just how I am. :|
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2007, 12:46:27 am »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
And on topic... Need I say I like a certain anime/character too much? On all but one forum I'm on I have something Asuka related in my sig/avatar/profile. I love Evangelion and will fully admit I'm an Asuka fan boy.

I love Asuka. I was obsessed with her for a couple years. Still love her, too.

The one Anime I was overly obsessed with was Pokemon. I even cried a few times because I wanted the characters to be real so badly. Heh, I was so emo back then. Middle school days, what a ride.

I used to imagine how cool it would be to have my very own Pikachu that would sit on my shoulder all the time. Walk around the mall and stuff. Ain't nobody messin' with me when I got my Pikachu. Represent Pokemon.

I got sad on a couple Pokemon episodes; the Butterfree one and Pikachu Forest, if i I recall correctly..

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 01:37:47 am »
haha, I remember my first anime crush... it was li from ccs when I was nine or ten yrs.-old xD
My first thought was, 'you've GOT to be joking? Am I falling in love with a make-believe character?' and yeah, I'd have to say that I was. since then, it's sparked many anime crushes such as hatsuharu from furuba, Tamaki from ouran, and... hell if I can remember all of them! xD
 Sure, I've been made fun of it by others, but I figure... so what? What's so wrong about day-dreaming? They're ideal people and characters that wouldn't exist otherwise if it weren't for sparked imagination... so I say, don't let reality and the others get ya down... *nod* indeed.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 10:58:03 am »

I love Asuka. I was obsessed with her for a couple years. Still love her, too.

Yeah... I've been obsessed with her for a good 6 or 7 years now. My girlfriend isn't really helping either... She dyed her hair red, has blue eyes and is more than happy to cosplay as Asuka (she has for the last two or three years now at K-Con) in multiple costumes.

Funny thing is, when I first found out about Asuka, I didn't really like her. My brother showed me an image of a chick whose name was "Asuka Langley" which was neat because my last name is Langley... Of course I thought "Wow, cool, I don't really care." The irony that I'd end up obsessed with her within a year.

I tend to do stuff like that, not be interested/like something at first before going totally crazy about it.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2007, 12:21:13 pm »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
Yeah... I've been obsessed with her for a good 6 or 7 years now. My girlfriend isn't really helping either... She dyed her hair red, has blue eyes and is more than happy to cosplay as Asuka (she has for the last two or three years now at K-Con) in multiple costumes.

You mean this kid?

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 02:46:03 pm »
Yeah... Though that yellow badge is now mis-leading.

That's my girlfriend. She's actually done awesome with the costume, just needs the right shoes and she's set. Her hair can be done for it and look pretty good. She pulls Asuka off fairly well.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2007, 03:32:36 pm »
I'm extremely obsessed with Kino no Tabi... It's so awesome! I mean who doesn't love a good philosophical anime complete with a talking motorcycle? :D

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2007, 03:50:53 pm »
Quote from: "Nekochi"
I'm extremely obsessed with Kino no Tabi... It's so awesome! I mean who doesn't love a good philosophical anime complete with a talking motorcycle? :D

Then you might like this.