Author Topic: Ha ha! I have OCD! Yay, me!!!  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Ha ha! I have OCD! Yay, me!!!
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:00:35 am »
Ha ha, okay, I was looking on Wikipedia and I typed in OCD by accident instead of OOC. So, anyway, I clicked on it, and I looked at the different types!

I read something along the lines of, 'A need for both sides of the body to feel even'.

That's me!!! Even now, as I'm typing, one of my fingers has touched a key too much, so I'm pausing to rub the other finger! Usually, it's with cracks on the street or touching water.

Anyone else have OCD?  ;D

Ah, it's a funny story.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: Ha ha! I have OCD! Yay, me!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:02:15 am »
I don't think I do, but I'm going to check out that page on Wikipedia. xD
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 12:07:59 am »
My older brother used to clear his throat a lot.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:04:13 pm »
I have that. It goes along with the autism. My sister's OCD too, but oddly hers is more severe than mine.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 03:57:13 pm »
 Not me, Im far too random and forgetful to do anything habitually.

I do REFUSE to sleep during the day tho, especially when there are other people in the same building. If I do get caught napping Ill deny it left and right. But thats just some crazy paranoyia, not OCD.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:29 pm »
I have weird things I'm paranoid about, but I don't they think count as OCD.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 07:26:25 pm »
*waves*
It's actually what makes me a superlative beta reader (as well as a professional proofreader, editor, and medical transcriptionist). But sheesh, I can't get rid of clutter for the life of me
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 10:33:34 am »
Well, I just hope you all have sought qualified medical assistance on this.  It's definitely treatable. 

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »
Yeah, unlike chirpies, which is untweetable. You don't want to catch any kind of canarial diseases.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »
the biggest thing is knowing what type you have
i suffered froma sorta type for a long time
 ocd usually it can be controlled by 2 methods
1 meds
2 whats causing it, and treating it therapy what not

my type is pretty rare and extremely embarrassing but part of getting better is not being afraid
the name is hard to pronounce tho Trichotillomania
it is the urge to pull out you own hair, you almost don't know your doing it,
http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/mental_health/trichotillomania.html

as peeps who have seen me i do have full head of hair
a method is to do somthing else when you have the urge, i started to just brush my hair with i get the urge
I know that some people get meds to deal with trichotillomania but i is afraid of side effects
i do have ocd tendancys but they tend to pop up during stress, like when chris and i found silver fish in our new apartment, i was a 11 on ocd rictor scale, he said my heart was beating like a humming bird and my eyes were darting around
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »
Aww, Jaz ~ glad you were able to overcome that. :3

eww silverfish. x__x I don't blame you for being freaked out, I would've too. ;;

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 05:53:27 pm »
yeah Jaz, you;d hate working here. It sometimes seems like I have to share my lunch with them. But they are nothing compared to all the spiders hanging around.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 08:54:11 pm »
we told the managers the should be sending peeps to take care of it soon
but yeah i hate all buggys espealy spiders

thanks oishii, it not somthing easy to talk about it but i needed to mention it to chris and this kinda made me (stoopid stressful childhood
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 04:41:10 pm »
Weeee, I don't mind it! It's kinda funny! I love it!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 09:34:22 am »
I have anxiety/agoraphobia so OCD is kind of a side effect of that. I have a few ticks and stuff.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Linkhiei

• Cabbit
    • http://linkhiei.deviantart.com
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 10:53:38 pm »
XD I have that exact same problem. Sometimes I will click one of my teeth like twice, and then I have to click the same tooth on the other side of my mouth twice as well.

And yeah, sometimes I'll scroll up on the mouse scroller too much and then I have to scroll down in a window without a scrollbar just because. I also have to have my fingers make the same amount of movements, and it causes people to think that I am twitchy, but it's really just OCD.
Kumo 06: ME | Kumo 07: Itachi | Kumo 08: L | Kumo 09: Kaito | Kumo 10: Izaya | Kumo 11: Roy Mustang | Kumo 12: Axel

asdfstrawberries

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 08:16:36 pm »
my perspective is that if you can figure out what your triggers are, and you can figure out how to either minimize how often you are exposed to them or how severely you react to them, you can totally self manage without meds or even counseling. this of course is not a professional opinion, just a personal experience. my biggest ways ocd manifests are clutter, wordiness, & sometimes insecurity like wanting more reassurance that whomever i'm dating still likes me than someone without ocd might need. but for example some of my biggest phobias--the things that make me actually have panic attacks--those are actually as much ptsd as ocd. for example, i absolutely just can not and will not drink from a beverage i've had in a room where there are people i don't know, if i have walked away from the beverage or even not had my eye or hand on it. i would spend the whole rest of the day wondering if i was going to die or pass out and be raped. why? because of things that have actually happened in reality. like i had an exboyfriend who had to give cpr to a girl because she got so much GHB put in her beer without her knowledge and consent. and like just last saturday at the hawthorne theatre in portland my best friend was dosed with GHB in her gin & tonic and passed out and got molested. things really do happen....so i'm way phobic.....so i just avoid these situations altogether. i only drink beverages when alone or only around people i know and trust, and/or, if i have to drink something in public, i hold on to it hypervigilantly with an eye on it. to not do so would risk both someone actually hurting me (unlikely, but really does happen to people), and / or me freaking out paranoid wondering if anyone did (likely, but totally avoidable by avoiding the trigger situation).

does that make sense?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 08:32:22 pm »
my perspective is that if you can figure out what your triggers are, and you can figure out how to either minimize how often you are exposed to them or how severely you react to them, you can totally self manage without meds or even counseling. this of course is not a professional opinion, just a personal experience. my biggest ways ocd manifests are clutter, wordiness, & sometimes insecurity like wanting more reassurance that whomever i'm dating still likes me than someone without ocd might need. but for example some of my biggest phobias--the things that make me actually have panic attacks--those are actually as much ptsd as ocd. for example, i absolutely just can not and will not drink from a beverage i've had in a room where there are people i don't know, if i have walked away from the beverage or even not had my eye or hand on it. i would spend the whole rest of the day wondering if i was going to die or pass out and be raped. why? because of things that have actually happened in reality. like i had an exboyfriend who had to give cpr to a girl because she got so much GHB put in her beer without her knowledge and consent. and like just last saturday at the hawthorne theatre in portland my best friend was dosed with GHB in her gin & tonic and passed out and got molested. things really do happen....so i'm way phobic.....so i just avoid these situations altogether. i only drink beverages when alone or only around people i know and trust, and/or, if i have to drink something in public, i hold on to it hypervigilantly with an eye on it. to not do so would risk both someone actually hurting me (unlikely, but really does happen to people), and / or me freaking out paranoid wondering if anyone did (likely, but totally avoidable by avoiding the trigger situation).

does that make sense?

I actually have that exact same fear. I personally had a bad experience where I smoked a cigar without realizing it had weed put in it. :/ 

I don't think I drank from any of the open/exposed water containers at the con. ^_^; Just carried around my bottle of water the entire day. It didn't used to be a problem for me.. until I started thinking about it. Funny how that works, huh?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:33:58 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 11:26:31 pm »
 Hmm... ya know I really have NO idea why Im so damned paranoid about sleeping with others around.

Yea, I have a strong dislike of  lazy people, but I know Im not lazy.
 I could be understandbly tired ( like when I was so exaugsted I was halucinating at K-con) or even sick, I will not let myself fall asleep.

Nothing bad has ever stemmed from me falling asleep around others ( hehe that sounds kinda bad)