Author Topic: i wish....  (Read 2638 times)

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
i wish....
« on: December 04, 2007, 04:02:20 pm »
uuuum, im changing this to fit what people have been doing here XD post one of your current or long time wishes, if you want :3

heres my wish!
i wish i lived near everyone else in the portland area, so i could go to all those fun sounding meetups T^T
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:39:55 pm by shadow_shrine »
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: i wish....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:03:53 am »
Likewise. I live out in Battle Ground, which really isn't that far from Vancouver or Portland.. but I'd like to meet some anime fans around here to hang out with and do stuff. =(

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:57:28 am »
i live all the way in redmond, so i only know a few forum peoples from school D:

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:15:51 pm »
I live in Toledo, which is halfway between centralia and longview......I know no one on this forum that goes to my school...but, then again, it's only middle school!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:21:42 pm »
I live in Toledo, which is halfway between centralia and longview......I know no one on this forum that goes to my school...but, then again, it's only middle school!
You live in a small rural town.  The statics are against you in that regard... However Anime is something that I think could be appealing to many because it fills a gap our vapid consumer culture leaves.  Quality storytelling and entertainment.  There are many genera within Anime, and given 3-5 I'd guess at least one of them would be appealing to a good quarter of randomly selected students in your school.  If possible you might Netflix some of the more popular ones, especially ones with higher quality subs/dubs or favourites you might already have copies of (Legitimate only please, no need to get in trouble), or if you have cable TV, inviting a few friends who don't have it over to watch some of the better quality free shows on it (I'm thinking Saturday night... They've Finally started dubbing One Piece well, and there's also Naruto, which I'm sure you've watched.  Bleach too.).

You might also request a packet of the flyers for Kumoricon if you like... There's a good chance those in your area haven't heard about it, but could be open to attending.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:26:44 pm »
no one at my school went to the con. btu they will oh they will!!.. but i livew near ppl. and know a bunch.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
I wish I was a fish.

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 03:46:52 pm »
I wish I was a fish.
thank you, you made me laugh for the first time today!!! ^o^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:28:41 pm »
I wish, I wish I hadn't killed that fish....(Thank you, Homer)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 11:52:01 pm »
... I had the guts to step up and break out of the rut I'm in work-wise.  (I can't quite say that every-day is the worst day of my life... but it's been FAR too long since I've even gotten close to the Best day of my life.)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 03:34:53 pm »
I wish I haz a cheezburgrrr. With Fry's!
And a whole lot o' shakin' goin' on!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 04:15:02 pm »
I wish I had this linguistics final paper done.  It's driving me insane.

And just to get this out of my system:
"Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener.  That is what I'd truely like to be~~.  'Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer wiener, everyone would be in love with me."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 10:12:59 pm »
I wish I could figure out how to keep those creeps with 22miPr from eating my planets in Unification War!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:22 pm »
"Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener.  That is what I'd truely like to be~~.  'Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer wiener, everyone would be in love with me."

You get one internet
*Poses like Link with internet slowly spinning in my hand as I hold it up to the camera.*