Author Topic: Finally moved! ^-^  (Read 1760 times)

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
Finally moved! ^-^
« on: November 23, 2007, 01:03:33 pm »
 ;D Hey everybody! ^-^ I know I havn't been on here in so dang long, and I just got some great news! I just saved 15% by switching to Geico! lol lying...sorry...Had to do that. Please don't flog me!! ;_;

Anyhoo, I have just moved from Boise, Idaho, a place with 2, soon to be 3 cons in the area. AnimeOasis, Fandemonium, and hopefully Shichimencho! Because I have just moved, I am lacking friends within the area, and am desperate for somebody to hang out with or just plain talk to and chill with...I know this sounds like a personal ad, but...I was wondering if any of you live in Newport...

I was even planning on starting a manga club at the local library, so if anybody could help with that too, it would be super awesome. I have some experience...I was one of the board members for my Japanese club at Borah back in Boise, as well as working on staff for Fandemonium this past August...So yeah...;_;

Anybody live there?
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
Re: Finally moved! ^-^
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 12:07:43 pm »
Well I live in the place where all Ports come from (I mean hellO it's called port-land, it must be a port distributing factory or something.) I think somebody on here must live in Newport XD so here I'm bumping your thread :D >.> <.< ^.^
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 12:11:50 pm »
I had so much fun the year I went to AO, met a ton of cool people. It was 06 I think, I was there as Shunsui  from Bleach, lots of pink.
 Anyway hope you find some animepeople up there.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:56:49 pm »
Actually, I know there's a Portland, Maine too.  Probably 'portland's in other countries.  It's very likely that in most/every case they're referring to seafaring port-land.  Or land that would be good for such a use.

The one piece of data you seem to have neglected, is where, in general, you are now.  It looks like all you've said is that you Used to live in Bosie.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:15:38 am »
I think that the postage was in regards to a boise to newport move.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 09:35:53 pm »
Just a random FYI but there is also a Portland NY aswell
welcome to this great area...hopefully its better than Boise.
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:23:07 pm »
Too bad I can't be of any help.

I used to live in Florence, myself (Up until about a month and a half ago).

Only of few people from that area (The coast, that is) ever make it here. I know another persom from Florence has made it here, but thats about it.

As for a manga club, or something, I know Newport has a video game store. Usually, alot of people are into the same kinds of things, so I would recommend seeing if anybody there is interested, and wants to help.

I know they have a video game store because I worked at the Florence branch for a little while before having to move. The guys down in Newport are rather nice, so I am sure if ya told them the situation, they'd even try and help out.

Other than that, I really don't have much advice.

Oh, get used to the rainy weather, and sand getting EVERYWHERE. :D

Best of luck.

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 06:07:38 pm »
I love you, melchizedek. thank you. XD

And as for the game store in Newport, already been there. Library first for manga and good books, Game store second. lol, I'm acctually not going back until I get money again though...but hey, I can only keep optomistic for long. ._.;
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.