Author Topic: HOLY CRAP!!! STAR TREK 11 TEASER FROM CLOVERFIELD!!!  (Read 2065 times)

u2205

HOLY CRAP!!! STAR TREK 11 TEASER FROM CLOVERFIELD!!!
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:02:01 am »
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1kqPmCb6M&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:06:25 am by Mr_Mustash »

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Re: HOLY CRAP!!! STAR TREK 11 TEASER FROM CLOVERFIELD!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 12:38:45 am »
lol i love leonard nimoy he's probably my most favorite narrator... but more on the point I wouldnt have doubted it the writers are running out of ideas, did you go see cloverfield musta?
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 06:08:33 pm »
It's cool that it exists, but it's hard for mt to get too worked over a little tidbit like that. 

The crew from the show Enterprise didn't fly the first Enterprise?  I thought that was how TV show continuity went.

I know in the novels ...umm... nevermind :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:15 am »
Hmm...  it looks kinda cool, but I wonder how much they're going to butcher the original storyline just for the sake of the movie.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:38:31 am »
Even I was a tad bit impressed and I can't stand star trek. Seeing the teaser in the theater did indeed look awesome though.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:15 pm »
The question remains: are they rebooting the series, or are they moving on to Enterprise?

I am voting for Enterprise, even though I haven't seen a single episode, because Star Trek is such a longstanding series that there's no way you could recast it with favorable results. It may be possible to write a script for it that makes for a good movie, but if they abandon anything significant from the original stories, most audiences will reject it.

Anyway, I'm probably done watching Star Trek movies. The last one I watched was First Contact. It was pretty decent -- can't turn down a good Borg movie -- but after that Roger Ebert wrote "Star Trek is dead to me." I respect his opinion and usually agree with it, so I'm really hesitant to watch any further.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »
I think the trailer looks pretty interesting- maybe they'll show a more detailed one during the Ironman movie (which I'm really excited about).

I'm actually really interested to see how the new cast is going to do. I mean SYLAR PLAYS SPOCK! At least Zachary Quinto deffinately looks like Spock. Then Simon Pegg as Scotty and John Cho (from Harold and Kumar Go To Whitecastle)... that's going to be interesting. As my boyfriend put it, it's Shaun and Harold go to the Neutral Zone.

And on a completely different sidenote, they've released a remote that looks like a phaser! http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/store/news/article/2307183.html

I so want one...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 08:08:42 am »
I'm hoping for a reboot of the series as a whole. It did wonders for Batman after all, and things have gotten so crazy with the old movies that the whole series deserves to be re-imagined to get closer to its roots.

Then again, turning it into a movie franchise rather than a weekly serial is not really its roots. *shrug*

I'm still excited. I'm eager to see just how bad things were between Spock and McCoy before they'd worked together for decades!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010