Author Topic: ARGH!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
ARGH!
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:41:29 am »
Last night I was trying to set up my wi-fi on my DS so I could play Animal Crossing with one of my friends. I decided it wasn't working and I went to turn off my DS, but when I pressed the power switch it made a weird popping feeling. I tried to push it again after that and it wouldn't turn off. My DS was on all night and ran out of batteries, knowing I couldn't do anything about it I decided to give Nintendo a call. Since I got my DS on Christmas I thought my warranty would cover anything, but no, apparently a broken power switch is my fault and I have to pay 60 god damn dollars to get the stupid thing fixed and wait 9-16 business days plus shipping to get it back.

So I pose this question to you K-con forumers, Should I just open my DS on my own and try to fix it myself?
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Re: ARGH!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:29:23 am »
I'd try replacing the batteries and seeing if that makes it any better (it's worked for me before). If it's still being lame, I'd say don't bother fixing it yourself, unless if you have the know how. =/
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: ARGH!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:18:30 pm »
I vote you don't do anything to it, but return it to the store as having broken... hopefully you're still within any warranty period, though at 2 months+ since purchase...

If you have the skillz, you can try fixing it your self.  You will need a 'tri-tip' screwdriver (annoying part to find, I don't have one yet.).  You will also be voiding any remaining warranty.

Good luck
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)