Author Topic: NekoPan "Ring in the Spring" Picnic!  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
NekoPan "Ring in the Spring" Picnic!
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:23:55 am »
Hello darlings~!

We're going to be serving little snacks and tea and cake!

We'd like it very much if you could find it in your heart to wear some cosplay, and to make a donation to us while you are there!  (We're going to use the donations we make to start getting ready for Kumoricon!  Yippee!!!) 

Now on to the Nitty Gritty:

We're planning for it to take place on April 20th (the day after the Uwajimaya Sakura Festival).  We're going to have things ready around Noon - 12.30, and we'll start serving up the cuteness once we have enough people there.  The place that we are planning on crashing to have our picnic is Esther Short Park in Vancouver. 

If you need a refresher, the park is the big one right next to the Hilton, where Kumoricon 2007 was held.  Look for the nerds and come and join our fun.    ;D

The cake flavours that we are planning to serve is the new and improved Green Tea & Chocolate as well as the Ramune Cake. 

We'll be testing out our new teas there as well! 

Please Please Please R.S.V.P. to ichigo@nekopanbakery.com so that we know how much of everything to bring!!

If you have any other questions, ask away!  (some of them might have already been covered in the forums at www.nekopanbakery.com though, so check there, just in case!)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Re: NekoPan "Ring in the Spring" Picnic!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:59:23 am »
Ach, There is a change of location for tomorrow!  So if you're planning to come, let me know, and I'll let you know.   :P

After freezing at Sakura Fest today, we decided a change of location is in order.  ^_^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:10:50 pm by Ruriko »

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:19:05 pm »
>_< why did I not check this subforum until today.

Do you guys have alternative means of receiving donations?

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 11:32:25 pm »
There is a little donation button on our Website-- we use PayPal.  :) 

We'll be doing another one of these before too much!!  We had such a great time at the picnic that we can't help but do it again.  :D

Hopefully we'll see you there?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:26 am »
I really would have liked to come but with the sakura fest the day before scedualing not work out well
so do please hold one again!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
I'm sure we will!!  (and this time, we'll post it publicly a lot earlier.  :)  )

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:15:40 pm »
I got addicted to those Ramune cupcakes from last year's Mini-con :(

Do you guys have a goal you're trying to hit for donations?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:16:37 pm by XFD »

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:26 am »
Ultimately, we'd like to get enough to get a second booth next to ours, so we can actually set up little tables for people to sit at and be served.  :)

That's around 200 bucks.  If we get anything over that, we'd use them for materials to build the little tables. 

It's a dream, who knows if it'll work out, but I would absolutely LOVE to serve people in Maid Cafe style.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01:53 am »
Ultimately, we'd like to get enough to get a second booth next to ours, so we can actually set up little tables for people to sit at and be served.  :)

That's around 200 bucks.  If we get anything over that, we'd use them for materials to build the little tables. 

It's a dream, who knows if it'll work out, but I would absolutely LOVE to serve people in Maid Cafe style.

That would make for such a shining Con weekend experience! I could definitely see that being a major success. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:40:45 pm »
It's a dream, heehee!! 

Hopefully things will work out and it will be possible.  :)  I know we're going to do the Midnight Treats panel again this year, but this time we're making big changes about how we're going to do things....Last year it was first come first serve, and that resulted in a lot of people that came a few minutes late not getting anything, because everyone tried one of everything.

Hopefully this year it will be better.  :)  :)  :)  Cross your fingers for us that we'll be able to get that second booth, heehee!!!

=^_^=

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:10:10 pm »
It's a dream, heehee!! 

Hopefully things will work out and it will be possible.  :)  I know we're going to do the Midnight Treats panel again this year, but this time we're making big changes about how we're going to do things....Last year it was first come first serve, and that resulted in a lot of people that came a few minutes late not getting anything, because everyone tried one of everything.

Hopefully this year it will be better.  :)  :)  :)  Cross your fingers for us that we'll be able to get that second booth, heehee!!!

=^_^=

Oooh I hope you guys do the midnight treats again this year! If I remember correctly, my friend and I couldn't go cos it was an 18+ event...

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D: