Author Topic: Iron man  (Read 7350 times)

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
Iron man
« on: May 01, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »
best movie ive seen in a long time. i camped 3 days for harry potter and it failed

waited bout 15 hours for iron man... totally worth it go see!

omg im still having a fangasm
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: Iron man
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:12:44 am »
Want see, want see!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:51:07 am »
Yeah, it really was fantastic. I am still in awe, as well.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:53:36 am »
I'm told I'll be seeing it tonight.
Yay.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 10:26:26 am »
Well if they ever do a good Green Lantern movie then I'm sure he can win it back. Last i heard it was going to end up as more of a comedy. (lame)

Green Lantern has always been my favorite super hero but I've never been able to choose which one I like the most. Since earth has had, like, a half dozen different ones over the years.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:33:11 am »
chris and i have been watching justic leage unlimited i like the green latern that is in it
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:22:18 pm »
ok so for justice league....

superman and batman werent gonna be in the live action the movie was gonna revolve around the Green Lanturn.

but they canned the movie. what kinda JL movie would it be without those two????

anywho. hope everyone stayed after the credits of Iron Man
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 01:09:52 pm »
Yay after-credits special stuff, heh. Exciting!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 02:24:52 pm »
Yeah Iron Man was freaking awesome. I was ssssooooo worried it was going to be just another crapy superhero movie. I think the new "Dark Knight" movie is going to have a lot of competition. Woo it was so awesome.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 02:27:28 pm »
Yeah Iron Man was freaking awesome. I was ssssooooo worried it was going to be just another crapy superhero movie. I think the new "Dark Knight" movie is going to have a lot of competition. Woo it was so awesome.

Oh, definitely. The Triad of heroic films of the Summer will be The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, and Dark Knight. And each one looks unbelievably awesome, in my view. I mean, obviously I've seen Iron Man and it is pure win, but there will be some tight competition for the top spot of the Summer.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:16 pm »
Oh yeah. I am still slightly cautious of The Incredible Hulk...but hopefully with Ed Norton it will be better. I means it looks better than the first one, but ya never know. So excited about Dark Knight though. Have already hear many good things about it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 02:33:22 pm »
Yeah, I am sure Dark Knight will be bittersweet, due to the whole "Heath Ledger is sooo awesome....and dead" factor. T__T

And I was telling Kahlan-gf that, up until seeing the trailer for the new Hulk film, I thought the oolder movie was decent. I liked it just fine, but this new one looks like it could truly crush all memory of the first film, just as Hulk crushes EVERYTHING IN HIS PATH! lol But I can understand the skepticism.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 02:53:39 pm »
Hehe yeah this new Hulk film should be pretty good. Plus...just remembered...I have to go to see the "surprise" character appearance  ;).

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 02:58:27 pm »
There's a surprise in Hulk? I must see it even more now.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 03:04:03 pm »
Hehe yep  ;D

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 09:38:24 am »

We couldn't see it!  They shut off the credits as soon as they started to try and kick people out of the theater, I am totally going to write their regional office because that is not something they are supposed to do, especially when there was no other showing waiting for us and there were still other movies going on.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 09:54:56 am »
Ugh that is really lame.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 10:03:53 am »

We couldn't see it!  They shut off the credits as soon as they started to try and kick people out of the theater, I am totally going to write their regional office because that is not something they are supposed to do, especially when there was no other showing waiting for us and there were still other movies going on.

Which theater was that? That is a very odd and simply rude thing to do. I've never had anything like that happen...so they must be jerks or something. Well, sorry you missed it. I'm sure it is up on youtube or something.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 05:39:30 pm »
Hehe yeah this new Hulk film should be pretty good. Plus...just remembered...I have to go to see the "surprise" character appearance  ;).

ooo suprise character i know who it is :D lol
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:07 pm »
Okay, nobody is talking about the actor who played the Persian messenger in 300, are they? Cause I did see him in the trailer, and that was awesome, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zetsu4200

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »
I finally got to see Iron Man today, It was pretty good.  I liked the thing after the credits as well.  As for the surprise character in the Hulk, I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I'm probably wrong.
If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:13 pm »
The intentions were good on their part behind the credits. But you gotta remember, Nick Fury is a 50-60 year old white man with a flat-top haircut, not a 40+ year old bald black man. Ouch!
Someone needs to study their comics!

Offline Zetsu4200

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 10:40:34 pm »
In the ultimate marvel series, Fury is black
If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 04:41:20 am »
The intentions were good on their part behind the credits. But you gotta remember, Nick Fury is a 50-60 year old white man with a flat-top haircut, not a 40+ year old bald black man. Ouch!
Someone needs to study their comics!

Their representation of Nick Fury refers to the Ultimate Marvel Universe version, where Nick Fury was actually drawn in Samuel L. Jackson's likeness. So, actually, they were following the comics perfectly, just not the initial version. *zing*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:42:06 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 02:42:50 pm »
Oh! I didn't even know about the alternate universe Fury. Heh, at the end of the movie, I thought the whole thing was a parody on The Matrix. A man in a black trench coat in the shadows.
"There is a world around you bigger than you know. If you take the red pill ..... uh ....."

Nevertheless, the movie was brilliant. Is it just me or is Stan Lee playing "Where's Waldo" in the Marvel movies? In the cast, near the bottom, it showed Stan Lee as himself.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 03:31:45 pm »
Stan Lee has been doing that for years, I think since the first X-Men movie at the very least.

Geeze guys, will yo0u shut up with the spoilers?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1dlUSJDItY

It's not that hard to just link to the information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

And if you want to be more specific you add a link so they don't get spoilers from the URL.
THIS IS THE BEST EXPLAINATION.

Now for those of you complaining about the race thing... it's NOT SO BAD.

Your google-fu is weak!

Highlight...
Also if you do enough rumormongering online, you'll find info about a contract with a bunch of the actors of upcoming films that reveals each of them is contractually obligated to appear in their own character's movie as well as the Avengers movie.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 04:14:36 pm »
Sorry about the spoilers >.>;;;;;;;;;
And I didn't mean it to sound like a racial problem, more of a character reference thing.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 08:46:02 am »
Oh! I didn't even know about the alternate universe Fury. Heh, at the end of the movie, I thought the whole thing was a parody on The Matrix. A man in a black trench coat in the shadows.
"There is a world around you bigger than you know. If you take the red pill ..... uh ....."

Nevertheless, the movie was brilliant. Is it just me or is Stan Lee playing "Where's Waldo" in the Marvel movies? In the cast, near the bottom, it showed Stan Lee as himself.

Stan Lee definitely knows how to have fun with his movies. I think it is an extra little bit of fun, always keeping an eye open, playing "See Stan?" with his movies, if you will, heh.

So, let's see, Tom was right, his first cameo was in X-Men, and it just took off from there:
X-Men (Hot Dog Vendor)
Daredevil (Old Man at Crossing)
Hulk (Security Guard)
Spider-Man 2 (Man Dodging Debris)
Fantastic Four (Willie Lumpkin)
X-Men: The Last Stand (Waterhose Man)
Spider-Man 3 (Man in Times Square)
4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Rejected Wedding Guest)
Iron Man (Himself)

... and possibly more (X-Men 2, Spider-Man) unreported on IMDB.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 06:17:53 pm »
Is the surprise character someone other than Downey, jr.'s cameo as Tony Stark? I'd also be shocked if you didn't see Fury in there, as they're setting up for an Avenger's movie.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 09:02:51 pm »

That's horrible, and is an example of the general set of reasons that I no longer go to see movies in commercial theaters, ever. Between too many technical problems, and rude audience members, it just doesn't work out, even in some of the more niche theaters here in Seattle.

With Blu-Ray available and movies coming to video in around 4 months typically, it's easier than ever to watch movies at home, but 35mm is still the best presentation format of most movies and I wish the quality of movies on DVD was not neglected so much.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 11:19:38 am »
Yeah, I agree Iron Man was great. I saw it three times. The third time I was trying to spot what people on the internet said was a hidden item. Apparently Captain America's shield was somewhere in there.

Also, The Incredible Hulk was also great, on par with Iron Man, I feel. I'm probably gonna see it again before it leaves theaters.

Looking forward to Dark Knight, Hellboy II, and Hancock. Also, the trailer for Death Race got me interested. :D

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 03:35:56 am »
Do you really see Captain America's shield? I didn't see that, but I did notice that Dr. Reinstein's name was in the movie. Dr. Reinsteins was the chick who created the formula that makes you super human, shield, and costume.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 05:44:50 am »
Do you really see Captain America's shield? I didn't see that, but I did notice that Dr. Reinstein's name was in the movie. Dr. Reinsteins was the chick who created the formula that makes you super human, shield, and costume.

That is very interesting. On the note of subtle Marvel universe tie-ins, the opening scene of The Incredible Hulk has a few second shot of some files, and what is a name on those files? Nick Fury. Sweet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 12:39:26 am »
Yeah, I saw Nick Fury's name, too.

I'm gonna have to wait until the DVD to check for the Shield, but rumor on the net says its in there.

Watched Hulk again, earlier. It's noticeable, but you can clearly see Doc Samson and The Leader in the film.

I'm guessing their setting up The Leader to be the villain in the sequel, as well as have Doc Samson introduced, or something similar.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:43 am »
On a similar note, I was watching Hulk (not The Incredible Hulk (2008), I mean the 2003 film), and I noticed that one actor was in both films, new and old Hulk movies. Other than Stan Lee, obviously, but the actor who played Hulk (not Bruce Banner) in the TV show was a security guard in both films. I thought that was awesome, mainly because the guy is ridiculously buff, lol. He really is a beast.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 10:31:09 am »
On a similar note, I was watching Hulk (not The Incredible Hulk (2008), I mean the 2003 film), and I noticed that one actor was in both films, new and old Hulk movies. Other than Stan Lee, obviously, but the actor who played Hulk (not Bruce Banner) in the TV show was a security guard in both films. I thought that was awesome, mainly because the guy is ridiculously buff, lol. He really is a beast.
You mean Lou Ferrigno?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 10:37:46 am »
You mean Lou Ferrigno?

Yes! The Hulk himself, lol, he was a security guard in both Hulk films. He had a much bigger part in the 2008 movie, though, whereas in the 2003 movie he was basically an extra, caught only for a second as he is walking out of a building with Stan Lee.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:40 pm »
I was doing some reading on the Hulk movie, and I found out that the actor who is going to play Captain America has a cameo in the movie. The director said that the scene where he has the cameo didn't make the final cut, but will be a part of the bonus material for the dvd release. I really can't wait for the dvd to come out, because I want to see the bonus 70 minutes of footage.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 06:36:11 pm »
I saw Lou Ferigno at the SanDiego Comiccon in 2003, he is HUGE!

I mentioned that he played a security guard in both movies and Vallie said "Where's Biggs and Wedge!?"
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 08:10:27 pm »
I saw Lou Ferigno at the SanDiego Comiccon in 2003, he is HUGE!

I mentioned that he played a security guard in both movies and Vallie said "Where's Biggs and Wedge!?"

oh, i love the ff reference <3

let's all meet at icicle inn!