Author Topic: Get Smart- the movie!  (Read 1330 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Get Smart- the movie!
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:03:52 pm »
Is there anyone here on these boards that have gotten a chance to see the Get Smart movie yet?

My thoughts: I love it! It's a nice update on an old series, and Steve Carell does a great job as Agent Maxwell Smart. Would you believe I'm also making a DN spinoff named- "Get Smart with Sayu"? :)

But getting back to the movie. Look for Masi Oka, whom you know as Hiro Nakamura in the movie. You will not be disappointed by this movie.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Get Smart- the movie!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:48:49 am »
...How many people on these forums d'ya think knew it was a remake of an old show (before someone told them)?
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline Zetsu4200

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
That was a hilarious movie!! I used to watch the show when it was aired on TV land and the movie did it justice Ironically, I won a free ticket to Get Smart after I saw it.  I'm definately seeing it again.
If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:06:04 pm »
I love the original tv show...Mel Brooks is a genius  ;D . But I heard that the movie wasn't so great, so I'm holding off on it.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:13:29 pm »
Y'know, I've heard it was good, but still I'm not all that interested in seeing it.  Maybe it's because I wasn't ever a big fan of the original series.  Don't get me wrong, I watched a few episodes, so I'd probably get most of the references, but it was never a great show for me.

I'm holding out for Wanted and Wall-E.
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.