Author Topic: Who's watching the Watchmen?  (Read 2181 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Who's watching the Watchmen?
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:18:53 am »
This may be a comic too esoteric or weird for some of the forumsters, but I am stoked for it and I'm pretty sure there are some of you on here who know about the graphic novel, Watchmen. By Alan Moore, Watchmen is a pretty interesting exploration of what makes up a superhero, realistically. It takes place in an alternative history of the world, in the mid-80's. Anyway, I'm not writing to describe the comics, I'm writing because there was something particularly amazing and awesome on the big screen while I was waiting for The Dark Knight to begin this morning. That something was the trailer for Watchmen.

I was blown away. Plain and simple. It is being directed by Zack Snyder (300) and worked on by other people who have quite a reputation in the industry. So, if you like bats---crazy trailers, then I'd suggest checking out the trailer for Watchmen. It looks like this will be one of the killer films for 2009, no doubt. Trailer here: http://www.empireonline.com/video/watchmen/

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
Re: Who's watching the Watchmen?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:35:49 am »
im watching it!!!!
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:10:34 pm »
I'm very interested in this movie and I really hope that they do it justice. It is going to be rated R right?
I'm waiting to see the teaser ahead of Batman tonight. I had some promo shots linked around here somewhere. Let me find them...

Well I found the others but I just want to post this one for now.

This is the one that got me really interested in the comic.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:47:47 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:22:15 pm »
Yeah, I really like the concept and as far as I can tell the movie looks like it is going to be R. There was some pretty edgy stuff just in the trailer.

And that photo is awesome, so vintage. I wonder if that was the collective that much of the Watchmen were based off of, hmmm?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:17:28 pm »
omg that trailer makes me tear up because it's just so freaking awesome! the scenery is beautiful, the colors and details so rich, the fantasy element so profound... everything about it just looks fantastic... and the smashing pumpkins song playing in the trailer fits sooo well *plus sp is one of my fave bands* oohhhh i can't wait... >.<

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »
its gonna be so intense! i was so glad when I heard about the movie, but i was worried it was going to be inaccurate to the book. But they really followed it just right! :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:19:55 pm by NightLotus »

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:04 pm »
That picture is in the movie and yes, some of the Watchmen are based on their precursors.

Heck, that guy kneeling in the front IS one of the Watchmen! If you consider the Comedian a Watchmen.
 ::)
don't worry, that wasn't really a spoiler for the main storyline.

The other non spoiler information is the guy in the middle is NiteOwl, the precursor to the Watchman of the same name (no blood relation, just similar styles) and the woman on the left is the mother of the only female hero among the Watchmen.

There ya go!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »
Alright, yeah, that is what I was figuring. Exciting!

I know it is a total ComiCon thing, but I'd love to see some Watchmen cosplays in the future. I may have to undertake one someday, heh.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:08:43 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »
I'm so excited for the movie! I read Watchmen months ago and I really liked it. I am REALLY CURIOUS what they're going to leave in and what'll be left out, but I've been watching all the video diaries on the official site. I'm most interested in what they're going to do with Rorschach's mask.

And just because I'm so excited, I even made a signature banner from the released photos~

And here's an avatar~

Now for some bragging... I GET TO SEE DARK KNIGHT IN IMAX! And man, when I heard that there was a preview for Watchmen, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest with excitement! This is like the best summer for comic book movies! (and that Minutemen photo looks just like the one in the comic ^_^)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 06:07:44 pm »
^ Yes, the best summer for comic book movies indeed, except for Watchmen which won't come out until next spring.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 09:42:32 pm »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kanmu

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 08:55:36 pm »
The Watchmen is one of those treasures that is just too good not to share. It looks like it's going to be freakin' amazing and I can't wait for it!  :D

~*Kanmu*~
Pocky IS Love

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:19:43 pm »
haha, I just was looking up Watchmen stuff on Things From Another World and there is a new line of action figures/statues/toys coming out in the Fall. Wooooo, they look killer! Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach for the win!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:14:21 pm »
I haven't read the graphic novel yet, but the trailer looks AWESOME.  I saw it before Batman the other day. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 01:05:02 am »
Saw the trailer online today and cannot wait, now I need to read the graphic novel...because I am just too excited.