Author Topic: Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle!  (Read 7447 times)

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle!
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »
I think it would be fun if there was some kind of event for this, or maybe a set time for people to gather and play this game. It was pretty popular last year, it started with only a few people and soon it multiplied.
The rules are simple, everyone stands in a circle, someone spins a ramune bottle in the center, and they glomp (tackle hug) the person the bottle points to.
I have a hard time remembering some of the extra rules, like when the bottle points between people or at the spinner.
Of course everyone has to be careful about not hurting anyone, big people need to be gentle with the smallers so as not to knock them over...
Who else remembers this game? Do post your rememberence of the game, maybe something could be set up to play it again with more people!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:43:40 am »
I haven't played it but it does sound like fun~*
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:13:17 am »
I remember seeing it from my hotel room balcony last year. It looked pretty insane, to one who wasn't playing, heh. Lots of running, screaming, somewhat looked like kick the can, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:29:19 am »
I was briefly involved in that.  There were about 15 people & they asked me to join.  I was in the middle of saying that I had to go somewhere (as a member of Yojimbo), but the bottle called for me.  I didn't mind, the girl was cute.  But then I spun it & had to glomp a guy & it was really wierd, since I'd never glomped someone like that before.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:46:40 pm »
I think it's better when you get glomped by some random person in the corridoors because then you don't expect it. I think the game kinda defeats the whole purpose of a glomp, but that's just me. :wink:
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 12:48:42 pm »
BTW, Maki, what do you mean by Kanji error? Do you mean the character for language at the end? I'm assuming it was just supposed to be Nihon and not Nihongo. :P
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 01:54:03 pm »
That shounds really fun! Id play ^_^

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:42 pm »
woooo glomping game sounds fun :P
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:38:19 pm »
Quote from: "kurosakiichigo666"
BTW, Maki, what do you mean by Kanji error? Do you mean the character for language at the end? I'm assuming it was just supposed to be Nihon and not Nihongo. :P

if you look very closely the two kanji for nihon in nihongo is switched thus making it honjitsu... honjitsugo... if it were in english it would have been translated as the language of today (which doesn't really make sense in japanese but whatever) haha!
... after my friend's spelling error, we all decided that we'd be team honjitsugo xD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
Re: Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 03:07:14 pm »
i havent played this game, but it sounds like ALOT of fun!!!! i definitely have to play it! ^w^
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:04 pm »
I also wanna play...  :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:01 pm »
hilarious.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:29:05 pm »
There were two 'referrees' for this year's Spin the Ramune Bottle game, one of them was a friend of mine. Next year (08), he's going to make a ref outfit just so he can be an 'official' ref of sorts for the game; he had an incredible amount of fun. :3
Red Mage at heart.

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 10:59:36 am »
Wow, it got more popular this year! Man, I need to put a claim on this game, since I made it. I'll be 18 next year, maybe I'll find a way to make a glomp circle pannel.
Anyone know how I can make sure I'm credited for creating glomp spin the ramune bottle? I don't want someone else going around claiming they made it O_o;;

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:24:22 pm »
The Ramune bottles got replaced by water bottles after we started playing with two and they collidedending in both travesty and broken glass. We all moved the circle back into the sun just because Valor Form Sora wasn't wearing shoes and nobody wanted him to get hurt.

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 05:43:44 am »
Hahaha.Dude,I remember playing this while i was there.It sucked though because i had to be careful with glomping everyone.Since i happened to be in 6 inch platform boots.xD The only person i could really glomp was a tall Vash cosplayer.^-^

But it was awesome.I even got my first bloodynose playing it.XD and broke my nose cartilage.Due to my friend getting excited to glomp me, And smacking into my nose. :3 I wonder if we will do it again next year..?

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 01:31:57 pm »
Hahaha.Dude,I remember playing this while i was there.It sucked though because i had to be careful with glomping everyone.Since i happened to be in 6 inch platform boots.xD The only person i could really glomp was a tall Vash cosplayer.^-^

But it was awesome.I even got my first bloodynose playing it.XD and broke my nose cartilage.Due to my friend getting excited to glomp me, And smacking into my nose. :3 I wonder if we will do it again next year..?
OMG seriously?! i totally want to play! i think it'll make agreat 'first-con' experience! and i can glomp just about anyone cause' i'm short~! ;)
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 01:35:48 pm »
omg, by the way, i have that picture of you after you got yuri paddled set as my wallpaper!
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 06:30:34 am »
I had to be careful too, my cosplay had spiked armor so I only gave people gentle glomps, one guy though in a frilly shirt totally bum  rushed me and got impaled :o
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 01:23:25 pm »

hi mykayla :DDDD

yep i was the one that gave her a bloody nose :D
and i was one of der first ppl there :P so was mykayla.
it sucked when people started to leave but we stayed there anyways :D
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 01:26:39 pm »
i got picked up and spun around and tossed into the center for the bottle landed on me
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 01:27:31 pm »
niiiiiice
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 07:29:35 pm »
My friend and I saw the thing, and I was trying to get her to join with me. She said no, so I didn't go. But, after a while, we compromised and she said that if I joined by myself and got glomped once, she would join.

So, I did and my friend, Ren got glomped for the first time!

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:16:31 pm »
omg, by the way, i have that picture of you after you got yuri paddled set as my wallpaper!

XD XD XD

Wow.Um,Thank you i think..? XD
It was like,My second time ever being paddled.She had some strength in that one.O_O
As you could tell,By my pained expression. :3

But i can't WAIT for kumoricon again.The ref for it sound like it would be awesome.
Thankfully,Next kumoricon i will be wearing normal shoes.:3

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 07:19:31 pm »
It's me again, the creator of Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle, aka The Glomp Circle as people have newly named it o -o
This year I wasn't able to find the time to try and get a panel for the game, but I know tons of people will be playing this year since it was so popular last year.

So for anyone playing, keep watch for a giant Maromi, a short Irvine, or a Fakir joining in the group, because it's probably me XD

Now, some people have mentioned Ramune bottles breaking, but this mostly happens when people drop spin them or spin more than one at a time, so please try to explain to newcomers to spin the bottle on the ground rather than drop spinning them, and if more than one comes into play, try to use plastic bottles enstead. Want it to be fun and safe for everyone! ^^ Next year I'll definitely try harder to get a panel and time for one giant game.

GLOMP ON!!!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »
There was a problem with it being outside last year when random creepy old people joined because they just wanted to get hugged by girls in cosplays...
I heard that that was a big issue and they want glomp circles inside this year.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 07:26:06 pm »
I heard about it was I working down with the vender's so I missed a lot at the con. this year I won't. I'm going to do as much as I can. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 10:51:01 pm »
Hmm, well inside it is, that makes sense. Don;t want creepy old people D:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 07:17:28 am »
Again, I don't think there will be room for this anywhere in the hotel. We are in a space that seats fewer people and there will be MORE showing up.

The reason it goes outside is because the yojimbo will chase you out if you start.
If you want to do this inside I suggest finding somewhere away from the convention space.

Also, don't revive dead topics.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline SirenMarina

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 05:54:29 pm »
It's me again, the creator of Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle, aka The Glomp Circle as people have newly named it o -o
This year I wasn't able to find the time to try and get a panel for the game, but I know tons of people will be playing this year since it was so popular last year.

So for anyone playing, keep watch for a giant Maromi, a short Irvine, or a Fakir joining in the group, because it's probably me XD

Now, some people have mentioned Ramune bottles breaking, but this mostly happens when people drop spin them or spin more than one at a time, so please try to explain to newcomers to spin the bottle on the ground rather than drop spinning them, and if more than one comes into play, try to use plastic bottles enstead. Want it to be fun and safe for everyone! ^^ Next year I'll definitely try harder to get a panel and time for one giant game.

GLOMP ON!!!
Don't forget to make that a SHORt fakir X3
Kumo 2012:
Day1 America-APH (Day two?)
Day2 Karkat-HS (Day one?)
Day3 Barnaby Brooks-T&B

Offline orochimarufangirl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 11:11:03 pm »
I have played this game b4 in another anime-con ^^ It would be awesome to do it again! Anyone have any ideas for time, day, place? Or people can start it when ever! ^^

What I remember when I played it was every once and a while someone would yell "group glomp on ____!" and we'd do a group glomp. But we'd have to be careful because when some yelled "GROUP GLOMP ON OROCHIMARU!" (which was me) I got nocked over and someone almost got hert. So we'd have to be careful with that. And if the cercal gets really big we can have more then one bottle in the middle. ^^

I love the Glomp Cercal! X3
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 04:00:55 pm »
Well I had a post for the glomp circle, I believe it to be best in the uhm, grass. But I don't know if the bottle would spin. But if we had it on the cement people can get hurt badly from being glomped so I'm kind of stuck here.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 04:03:05 pm »
Also don't use a glass bottle.

The bottle should spin just fine on the grass ^_^

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 04:38:50 pm »
You sure the grass wont stop it any, I mean its a plastic bottle wed need some weight. Maybe if we had one with water in it?