Author Topic: Thinking of doing a Misa Amane cosplay  (Read 9043 times)

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
Thinking of doing a Misa Amane cosplay
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:30:18 pm »
I had so much fun at Kumoricon 08 ;D

I was thinking of doing a Misa Amane cosplay (My family just got the Death note live action movie that we pre-ordered on wednesday. *SPOILER* I can't believe they left a cliffhanger like that!  >:().

But I wear glasses. I see ok without them, but it's sort of like seeing slightly a blury photo wherever I go. I'm not comfortable with contacts either. I can't see me myself putting anything in my eyes.

Help?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:30:58 pm by Rai180990648 »

oslapedo

Re: Thinking of doing a Misa Amane cosplay
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 11:31:46 pm »
What most people do is they wear their glasses for normal activities, but then take them off for pictures and whatnot.

Are you sure you want to do Misa though? Prepare to compete with about 10 other Misas.

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:35:28 pm »
What most people do is they wear their glasses for normal activities, but then take them off for pictures and whatnot.

Are you sure you want to do Misa though? Prepare to compete with about 10 other Misas.

Really? I didn't see many Misas at this year's Kumoricon. Then again, it was our first convention, so we were pretty exhausted, so we only stayed there for 2 hours on the first day, and about 30 minutes on the last day.

But I'm considering going as her for next year, unless you guys can give me other sugguestions (*Evil laugh*).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:36:59 pm by Rai180990648 »

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »
There were quite a bunch Misas. What anime are you into? If I knew that I could help you out some more : D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:50:39 pm »
Hm.....I like Ouran High School Host Club, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Loveless is one that I've recently gotten in to, NANA, and Fushigi Yuugi (An oldie but goodie  ;)).

oslapedo

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »
ZOMG. You're a TMoHS lover, eh? May I redirect you here: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=5842.495

We're all planning to do a massive TMoHS genderbend cosplay next year. We'd love to have you join us : D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 12:03:40 am »
I'd love to join  ;D.

I'm a fan of the genderbend too! I don't see why they just remake the anime into the genderbend version. It would be a lot more interesting. I love the original too :).

Kyonko and Mitsurru are my favorite characters.

Edit: I saw the forum and I'd be happy to go as the female computer club president!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:07:26 am by Rai180990648 »

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 12:08:00 am »
Oh my gawsh Rai, I feel as if you and I are kindred spirits! I was Kyonko last year but I was the only genderbender. Now everyone's genderbending!

You could probably be our Mitsuru if you'd like, no one has filled that yet. We also need a female computer club president, a female Taniguchi, a male Ryoko, and a male Emiri.

Our TMoHS genderbend shall be beautiful ;D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 12:10:42 am »
Oh my gawsh Rai, I feel as if you and I are kindred spirits! I was Kyonko last year but I was the only genderbender. Now everyone's genderbending!

You could probably be our Mitsuru if you'd like, no one has filled that yet. We also need a female computer club president, a female Taniguchi, a male Ryoko, and a male Emiri.

Our TMoHS genderbend shall be beautiful ;D

I have a feeling that this is a begining of a beautiful friendship ;D.

I can't do Mitsuru though, I have the chest of Mikuru *laughs*

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 12:15:22 am »
It's okay that you can't do Mitsuru, it's excellent that you can do the comp club president! We almost have the entire cast genderbended!

I'm so excited for us all to cosplay together! <3

Our friendship will breed from the seeds of genderbend! It will be a bond like no other!

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:32 am »
It's okay that you can't do Mitsuru, it's excellent that you can do the comp club president! We almost have the entire cast genderbended!

I'm so excited for us all to cosplay together! <3

Our friendship will breed from the seeds of genderbend! It will be a bond like no other!

*Plays 'Hare Hare Yukai'*

Yes! It shall be wonderful! I'm so excited too! I wish time could go faster! XD

It would be cool for all of us genderbender cosplayers to get together sometime this year or in 2009 before Kumoricon, in or out of costume  ;D

oslapedo

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 12:25:42 am »
I totally agree. We were already thinking about having a meet up with all of us in TMoHS cosplay (http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7850.0) we just don't know when or where XD I think at latest we'll arrange something during winter break.

Are you going to Mewcon? I'll be there as Kyonko for a day, and I'd love to meet up : D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 12:34:34 am »
I totally agree. We were already thinking about having a meet up with all of us in TMoHS cosplay (http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7850.0) we just don't know when or where XD I think at latest we'll arrange something during winter break.

Are you going to Mewcon? I'll be there as Kyonko for a day, and I'd love to meet up : D

Unfortunately, I think my mom and dad can only handle one convention a year at the moment :P. (I'm not alowed to go to conventions or any meet ups by myself yet. I can't wait until I turn 15 *October 14th....so, so close, yet so, so far away* Then when I turn 16, I'll be able to drive myself around and I can get a job, so I can go to Mewcon and Kumorion my own!)

And about the meet up during winter break, I'm sure that we'll be able to make it. My sister will probably go too, but she probably won't be in cosplay or anything. She's saving up for buying a costume off e-bay. I probably will buy one of e-bay too, since I can't sew to save my life.

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:38:53 am »
Aw you're almost as old as me! <3 It's okay that you're not going to Mewcon, not many of the TMoHS cosplayers are, but my sister and I shall represent ;D

I admit that I got my cosplay off of ebay. They actually have some really good stuff for those of us unable to sew.

Is your sister younger or older than you? Maybe someday she could cosplay with us : D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:42:59 am »
She's younger than me (13 years old), and pretty short.

She's pretty boy-ish and she's almost as flat as a board when it comes to her chest, so maybe I can convince her into cosplay as Kyonko's brother  ;).

oslapedo

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:47:22 am »
Oh my gosh, my little sister is 13 too! XD

It would be pretty awesome if she could be my little brother, his cosplay is pretty easy too!

Wow... that means all we need now is fem!Taniguchi, male!Ryoko, and male!Emiri... we are so epic!

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 12:59:38 am »
Oh my gosh, my little sister is 13 too! XD

It would be pretty awesome if she could be my little brother, his cosplay is pretty easy too!

Wow... that means all we need now is fem!Taniguchi, male!Ryoko, and male!Emiri... we are so epic!

Yes we are! X3  I'll keep my eye out for anyone that might be thinking about cosplaying fem!Taniguchi, male!Ryoko, and male!Emiri.

I'm not surprised that these three arn't taken yet. One's guy-crazy, (If the female Taniguchi is anything like her male counterpart, she must be somewhat guy-crazy), one's Bi-Polar, and the other one's.....'soft and feminine(?)'.

But we love them anyway :)

oslapedo

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 01:04:21 am »
Yes we do love em! I'm not too worried about filling up the vacancies, we still have a whole year left  :D

I'm super amazed that we've already come this far! We'll be able to genderbend everyone in TMoHS!

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 10:04:19 am »
I was able to persuade my sister into cosplaying as Kyonko's brother. She says she'll think about it.

But on a seperate note.....I think there should be a TMoHS video game, in english. I've seen a lot of videos of the japanese version of the game (I think it's for the PS2), and it would be nice to know what they're saying. Maybe even make it a genderbend game? Like Haruhi wishes that everyone was their opposite genders or something.  :)

oslapedo

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 11:12:35 am »
Yay I might have a little brother!

I would love to see a TMoHS translated for us, I don't know if it's mainstream enough here for any publisher to do so though. I'll probably import them some day. If they ever made a genderbend game however, or genderbend anything I would get it the moment it comes out ;D

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 11:33:34 am »
Our group is so amazing. We may be the most epic TMoHS cosplayers in the world.

EDIT: We are the most Epic TMoHS cosplayers in the world. =]

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:37 pm »
We are!

My mom and dad said that they'll be more than happy to take my sister and I to the meet up during winter break.

I can't wait to meet all you guys in person.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 12:45:01 pm »
Yay. It's going to be so great.
It'll be fun to meet you too.~

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 01:15:51 pm »
I think it's fate that we met Rai! We'll all have so much fun cosplaying together!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 03:27:41 pm »
Yes, it was fate. =O
Fate that brings us all of our joy.