Author Topic: Sewing machine Help?  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
Sewing machine Help?
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:28 pm »
I figured this went in the cosplay chat forum, since well, who knows more about sewing machines than cosplayers?

My sewing machine has a problem and I dont know how to fix it. The bottom string wont come up through the fabric to make a proper stitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12nZ7QAw0w

Watch the video please?

My mom has had this sewing machine for years, and be aware I can't afford to send it in to get repaired, or buy a new one, so any idea you have for me to try, or anything you can tell me that might help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Even if you have no idea how to work a sewing machine, ask your mom, your dad, your siblings, your grandparents? SOMEONE has to know whats up.

I'm so sick of sewing by hand, and this one little thing is the only thing keeping me from sewing properly.

Thank you everyone.
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
Re: Sewing machine Help?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 07:34:32 am »
Have you tried to rethread it completely?  Pull out your bobbin, pull off the thread, and put it all back in again?  It sounds silly, but sometimes there's just one little thing that's off and redoing it will put it to rights again.

I'm afraid I can't see anything in that video of yours that I can otherwise point to.

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
Re: Sewing machine Help?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:01 am »
Is it properly oiled an all that?  I don't know much about sewing machines, but maybe it's jammed?
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%