Author Topic: cosplay for cubby/fat/non-skinny peaple  (Read 2897 times)

Offline kyu_kitsune

• Oni
cosplay for cubby/fat/non-skinny peaple
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:22:01 am »
 i have yet to figure out ANY cosplay idea,s other the chouji and glutteny from naruto and fma.. any ideas anyone?

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: cosplay for cubby/fat/non-skinny peaple
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:16 am »
I don't know the age you are working in, but I thought of Dr. Kōsaku Tokita from Paprika.  I have also seen people as large cos-suiters (is that even a word) like Father from Azumanga Daioh, or Totoro from the show of the same name.  Of course, having a major Sonic the Hedgehog fan living in the house for so long, Dr. Eggman immediately comes to mind as well.  That is all I came up with off the top of my head, may have more later.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline kyu_kitsune

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:50:42 am »
thankies, im going to be 18  in july before lumoricon so... i think ill just go ith chouji sicne i look just liek him and i eat alot ~.~

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »
I like JP from Digimon Frontier myself.

But most costumes can be adapted for size.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 09:43:03 am »
with the exeption of really skimpy costumes size really dosent matter that much, non twiggie peeps can cosplay to hearts content,

otherwise crossplay would never happen

its more the question does it fit the characters image that you are going for, and even then that shouldnt limit your style
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:15:46 pm »
ok so after attending my first con (k con 08) I really wanna do a cosplay ( went in my lolita clothes) umm, im not a fan of naruto. and i would prefer to stay away from bleach and kingdom hearts (done too much). so yea, im looking for something a little diffrent. oh and im ok at sewing but not great. Thanks for any ideas ;D
^-^
AX- Aqua (kh), Sakura Haruno
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:41 am »
ok so after attending my first con (k con 08) I really wanna do a cosplay ( went in my lolita clothes) umm, im not a fan of naruto. and i would prefer to stay away from bleach and kingdom hearts (done too much). so yea, im looking for something a little diffrent. oh and im ok at sewing but not great. Thanks for any ideas ;D
^-^

Well mainly that would depend on how much you are willing to spend and your anime favorites. because some can be really expensive but some are somewhat cheap and still looking good
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 12:42:41 pm »
lets see, all together I would like to stay at 120 or less... and i love like higurashi, saiyuki, saiunkoku, saint tail, soul eater, jack frost, chobits, death note... I think thats a pretty good spread of what i like
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 11:05:38 am »
lets see, all together I would like to stay at 120 or less... and i love like higurashi, saiyuki, saiunkoku, saint tail, soul eater, jack frost, chobits, death note... I think thats a pretty good spread of what i like

for those there are lots of choices, and mostly in those reasons theres no reason not to wear those unless they're skimpy. but for saiyuki, the imposter hakkai would be a nice fit for those who are a bit on the heavy side for it is quite comical and matches. but again, budgets are in order for those can be either cheap (death notes a great one for cheap cosplays) or expensive (saiyuki with all its complicated costumes cane get very expensive if you want good materil). so with a budget around 120 like you say, there is another option, get only one big priced costume or several cheap ones
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »
Ayamaro from Samurai 7!! Haha, just kidding, he has a lot of facial hair. @_@

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »
If thats your picture there as your icon, I'm sure you could actually pull of a decent Chi, or maybe even Rena.

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:38:41 pm »
yea, I was considering chii

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »
There's always Wario. I cosplayed as him last year.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »
heheheheh :D im pretty sure that im going to do either, chii, or someone from saiunkoku, or saiyuki, unless someone comes up with something else...that i like better ;D