Author Topic: I maybe moving?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I maybe moving?
« on: November 11, 2008, 02:15:45 am »
I might be moving to Washington next year after my Sophmore year is over at my very lovely, awesome Clackamas High school.
Question is....
Why do the high school's there suck monkey butts?!
If I move up there I want to go to a high school that provides a medical study program, an amazing choir, and culinary classes like Clackamas does.
The thing is...WHAT SCHOOL DOES IN WASHINGTON!?
I need to know!
I don't want to go to a school that sucks!

Ps: I'm getting bribed with a car if I move to Washington with no complaints. That's why I'm trying so hard to find a school that I'll like!

Help meez? T_T [/desperate]

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
Re: I maybe moving?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:33:38 am »
Well Sugarlat there is always Running Start. I grew up in Washington and that's what I did. It's a program where Juniors and Seniors in high school may attend a community college full time and it would count for both college and high school credit. Each county runs it differently. What I did, in order to not take any high school courses, was register in an alternative high school and take a easy college entrance exam. After that all I had to do to register for classes was talk to my guidance counselors at high school and college. I graduated with an AA degree and high school diploma. The best part is the government pays tuition, the only thing the student has to pay for is books and student fees. Well, there you go. That's the best advice I can give. There might be some private schools that offer what you want, but Running Start is a growing program with people, like you, that are looking for specific fields to study. Good luck!  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:48 am »
well.....I went to a high school that didn't have any of those so you might just be going to a special school and it could be hard to find. Plus would your parents be willing to move to the location of the school, or do they have a set place in mind? If they have a set place in mind then I would look at the schools in that area before getting your hope up at going to a school similar to yours and finding out it's across the state.

It's too bad that you are moving but I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how it turns out ^-^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 07:48:36 am »
if you has a car....it would be hard but you could always switch you home adress to a po box and drive to clacumas, depends on how far and it would get old fast
my younger brother had a simular problem when we moved and we were then in a differnt school zone that my family had has lots of problems with in the past, my younger brother road his bike to school each day, then in his senior year they relized they never gave him a PE class and he had a PE class each day, when he was tired
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:08 am »
It depends on where you're moving to in Washington. All of my friends in Vancouver, WA take extremely advanced courses, and that's just the public high schools. There's also the school of Arts and Academics that you have to apply to get into.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:35:46 am »
hey I'm moving now actually. going to the same school though. and theirs some pro's and con's to it all of course.....hmm well it depends on to where your moving too in Washington. are you moving farther past the border or sticking near it?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:52:01 am »
Yeah I guess I keep forgetting that Washington is still so close....seeing how it is a different state it seems like it would be so far away.

So what part are you moving to, or do you not know?

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:14 am »
I agree with UraharaFreak that Running Start is probably going to be your best option!  I haven't really heard of many PUBLIC high schools that do anything like that, but if you can afford private schools/ art schools then there's a better chance there. (I live in Washington).
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »
There's also the school of Arts and Academics that you have to apply to get into.

But the chances of getting in are slim.

I must say Union High School is pretty cool. ;) That's where I go. We have a pretty fantastic choir. Can't vouch for a med study program or culinary classes though. I know we have some related classes - I'm taking AP Bio, there's Human Anatomy and Physiology, -just looked at the course catalogue- and there's also a med careers class. The closest thing to a culinary class though would be food science... It might help you with cooking; but it's a science class (hence the name). xD So I guess we have two out of three.

Anyway, where are you likely moving to?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:21:19 pm by Cassiopeia »
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 11:16:47 pm »
I'm still not positive on when, where, or if I'm moving.
It all depends on where my mom can get a shop really. Running Start sounds like an awesome program though.
I was actually telling my mother that I'd rather go to a collage then attend the high schools.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 04:43:44 am »
COME TO MY HOUSE. 8D