Author Topic: Car theft?  (Read 2040 times)

u3759

Car theft?
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:44:50 am »
Just wanted to warn some people out there.
So I just got home from a dinner party. And the reason why I stayed there so late is...

Just as we were about to leave, my dad noticed that his car's window has been smashed by some thief, and absolutely everything in it was stolen, except for a few things in the trunk.
Two GPS's, gloves, and driving manuals were swiped.
My friend's car has also had things stolen from it. A GPS was swiped, along with an iPod, stereo, 3 jackets, and some biscuits...? (<LOLHOBO)

Now, Dorothy's neighborhood is pretty peaceful...nothing really happens.
But what we noticed was that the 2 cars that got stolen from were not from anywhere in Dorothy's neighborhood.
So, either the thief lived near and knew which cars belonged to someone that lives in the neighborhood, he/she knew that our cars were from somewhere else, or just pure luck.

I just wanted to warn people of things that could possibly happen in the near future. You know, grab whatever is valuable with you when you leave the car.
Thanks for veiwing...?

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Car theft?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:52 am »
I was gonna say you should always take everything valuable with you or if it's too big or something hide it in the trunk. my mom always does that. They don't seem to check in the trunk for stuff. :/

my sister got her brand new GPS stolen because she was a dumb **** and decided to leave it in the open along with the radio. the radio didn't get stolen(they tired but somehow failed) and her car's really crappy too.  :(
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:12:20 am »
Ditto on the don't leave valuables.  I think most everyone gets to learn that lesson the hard way
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:54:42 am »
You never, EVER leave GPSes in your car. EVER.

My dad is a professional limo driver, so he has to use them sometimes, and he always puts them in a safe place/takes them inside with him.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »
That really sucks.  My friend just had some stuff stolen from her car recently.  They took her back pack with all her school work and books!   :(  Thieves sucks.  >:(

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:28 pm »
My GPS is always in my car, but not left out in the open. I live way out there, though. But when I'm somewhere like in Portland, or Seattle, I'm always kind of iffy on leaving it. Sometimes I take it with me, and sometimes I don't. Most of the time though, I don't carry any sort of bag or purse with me, so carrying it around wherever I'm going is almost as bad as leaving it in my car.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 04:14:15 pm »
Oh, the glove compartment?

>.> My dad drove limos around LA.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »
Yeah mine lurks in the middle compartment between the driver and passenger seat. So far though, I haven't had any problem with theft. I think most people go for the nicer cars, or the really bad lookin' cars. My car's.. well a Cavalier, so it's okay I think.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 09:35:26 am »
Get a flashing LED put into the dash, thats usually enough to stop them... its cheap too.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 11:29:03 am »
I've heard of those! I was actually thinking of buying one sometime.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »
Folks, the economy sucks. More people turn to burglary and thievery during down times. And as police everywhere are not going to be doing anything about it due to budget cuts etc. You are going to have to be a bit more proactive in protecting yourselves.
1. Take it with you, if you want to keep it.
2. Pull your head out of your @ss. Burglars are hoping you'll be too cranial/anally inserted to notice you just did something stupid. Left keys in car, 'cause you were only going to be a minute, forget to lock doors, park in the dark, park in hidden area for any reason, left valuables in plain sight etc.
3. Park in well lit areas. Maybe it only helps the burglars/thieves , but it helps for others to see something not going right.
4. 911 keep it handy if you see someone else's car being broken into.
5. See if that stupid car alarm is going off for a reason, and don't just ignore it.
6. Learn what situational awareness means, and practice your defenses.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:54 am »
Thanks for this Dana.
when i was younger someone tried to break into our car while i was in it. I didn't go into the store with my mom, and it was at night, so she left the keys in the ignition and the radio on for me. I had the doors locked so the guy broke the window and got into the car to grab some of the stuff on the dashboard. first i was just going to be quiet, but eventually i screamed and he left, but it was really scary, and its one of the reasons that the smell of cigarette smoke still scares me. ><

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:20:50 am »
its sad, reminds me tho my mom was getting a gps for her boyfriend I need to check and make sure they remove it from the car when they leave it
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids