Author Topic: Get Backers Cosplay Help  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
Get Backers Cosplay Help
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »
I'm considering going as Kazuki from Get Backers, but I'm having a little problem as far as the outfit goes. I'm not sure where to get the kind of shirt he wears or even what you would call them. ><

Thats the only part that I'm having problems with. Other than that, I know what to do for the rest of his outfit because its pretty easy as far as it goes. Anyone that can help me figure out where to find or what that kind of shirt is called?

http://www.absoluteanime.com/get_backers/thumbs/_kazuki-gif.jpg (A picture of the character to those who don't know or can't remember. )

Thanks for any help!
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Get Backers Cosplay Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:31:57 pm »
If you don't absolutely insist on making the shirt I know a site that sells it. I was thinking about going as him too but I am going to put it off for a while

http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the-198/GetBackers-Cosplay%2C-Kazuki-Fuuchouin%27s/Detail

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:05 pm »
i heart get backers.

as for advise. i got non sorry.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:02:23 am »
for some reason this video comes to mind;

http://www.threadbanger.com/post/8171/how-to-make-a-paper-bag-waist-skirt

ignore the pretentious hipster-ness of the site in general...especially this video for some reason. its full of interesting stuff.
Im thinking you could maybe do something along these lines with a big shirt that's way to big on you...that you also cut the neck out of.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:12:58 am »
that is a very interesting video >_>

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
Yeah, I'd get a baggy shirt and cut it. then sew up the trim. Lastly bind your chest down and use a tape or glue to hold it to your body. You also might want to use hair spray or a starcher to hold the fabric in a wavy pattern like how it is in the pic. Thats what id do, but I'v never tryed it. Xp
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:58:47 pm »
All these are great ideas! I'm currently looking into all of them. Thanks for the help!
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:50:54 am »
My idea, if I were to do this, is find a white long sleeve night-gown and crop the top part.  I would tailor the sides near the bust ( I assume you are female...didn't look at ur profile) with some elstic band to keep it snug by your body and in place. It's actually a simple make, but really depends on you experience and preference as to buy of make urself. I like to attempt to create..  :D

Kazuki's top doesn't seem to be of a satin material, but it's up to you or what you find...

Good luck! ~
And so it begins...