Author Topic: Oh boy I got a Trojan and my damn virus thing wont let me delete it... halp?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
I've been just plain living with it cause really it wasnt doing much but now I'm noticing problems with my computer (like i gotta double click everytime i want to do something or random really slowness that wasnt there a week ago) that really are just bugging me to much so i keep trying to delete it (I use something called Norton btw) but it just wont get rid of it! D:

it reckognizes that its there and then I go to press the "delete virus" button and in a split second it says unable to delete and i get this over and over and over again.

halp?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Aaah, I'm so sorry Queen.
I'm not really that smart with computers, or I would help you out.
Good luck getting this mean Virus out of your computer though. Dx
<3

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Modern Day trojans have become far nastier than a simple clean. Things like norton are usually powerless to stop certain mal-ware after it has taken root. If you done have a recovery point handy then it may be too late to stop it. The only absolutely certain way to be rid of some mal-ware is to reinstall windows and start over from scratch. That however is not an option for most people.
Try downloading and running:
Crap Cleaner, http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
AdAware, http://www.lavasoft.com/
Spybot, http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html

They are all free, but even they may not be able to help you if its too late. Note that you may need to turn off Norton to get these to work, Norton is a jealous program and doesnt like other mal-ware cleaners on its system.

You are on your own from here, good luck and may the force be with you.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Thank you so much! I'll give those a try! >_< I think nortans just being picky and wont delete it cause i need to refill my subscrition again -_- *noticed it still works with out paying for it again*

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
My dad used to have a tech geek for a room mate; apparently Norton isn't all it's cracked up to be. (and if you try to delete it, it has stuff stay so you still have to pay for it. ==;; )

I reccomend avast!. It's free for home users. =)

As for getting rid of the Trojan, though, I dunno. D:
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
I tried the CCleaner and I think it worked, it deleted a ton of cookies which is probally where the Trojan came from... if that doesnt work I'll try the Avast! Thanks Miria <3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
'Welcome.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
I tried the CCleaner and I think it worked, it deleted a ton of cookies which is probally where the Trojan came from... if that doesnt work I'll try the Avast! Thanks Miria <3
Delete cookies?!

Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Combofix.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
I had that problem once.  I just tracked down the temp save files and deleted them by hand because the virus deleted all my .exe files, so I couldn't open any antivirus programs.  That was a pain.  My computer never really recovered completely from that fiasco.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Download AVG Free and run the virus scan in Safe mode.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Download AVG Free and run the virus scan in Safe mode.
I work for AVG, and I can safely say that AVG does not usually work.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Will these free downloads work okay with AVG on your computer?
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
AVG Free is generally a very poor product; simply having a good degree of common sense, like "stop boldly going where no man has gone before", will keep you safe from 99% of attacks.

If you wanna be totally virus free, don't own a computer.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
So, those three free programs that Daxe suggested, will get rid of Trojans? Because just this morning I found out that I have 18 Trojans on my computer, and I think they may be in system critical programs.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
The best way to remove a virus is to do it yourself. Gimme a bit, I'm gonna write up a big long tutorial about that.