Poll

Should I put up with all this drama for a little bit of fun?

Yes
17 (60.7%)
No
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go?  (Read 4964 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Should I stay or should I go?
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:15 pm »
I enjoy planing events....but the forums lately have NOT been fun at all. Since so many people have left....I'm wondering if I should do the same or not =/

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
Re: Should I stay or should I go?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:08 pm »
STAY!!!!!1one

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »
I'd say stay, but it's your decision to make not ours.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:28 pm »
Wanna team up~?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:23:11 pm »
And then who do I get to talk to? What about my needs? lol

Speaking of planning, unless we are de-planing? Not yet I think. Which reminds me of another movie quote to post! I'm going to be in Portland to meet with Eve on Saturday the 7th of March. Just to go have voodoo donuts and whatever, then I am meeting my mom to go to the Blazer game. So if anyone would like to meet over donuts, that would be great.

Maybe we can have the disgruntled forum goers voodoo donut seance scene? lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:24:42 pm »
Nikki you know I lova ya ) : We shouldnt let a few random events make us angry.

I will say I think us regulars are getting a bit more heat than deserved, ive come pretty clean but Ive seen some nasty things happen to others and really it feels people are just scared to get mad at the newer memebers who said rude things ocasionaly. not speaking of all newer memebers. i like new people, it makes more friends. ive just come across a few that dont know the meaning of manners it seems. hopefully that seems to be changing.

but you love planning events dont you? and really we cant plan for k con stuff at mustashs forums.

Dont get me wrong im starting to prefer there to here now. (though i do still enjoy th ek con forums)

i think the best option is to show maturity and move on, and dont let these things force you to leave a place you like. I dont want to see another Sahara ) :

even if you go promise to still chat with me every now and again?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
I AM GOING

GOODBYE

--HONESTLY THIS PLACE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT ME--

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:57 pm »
well IF I did go I would go to the playgrounds XD

But I would still plan things here :P

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:34:31 pm »
I've noticed that for the past few months the forums have gotten a lot more dramatic. I think it might have to do with the fact that there are newer and younger posters that frequent more often. Like.. high school aged. Nothing against kids in school, but since the new wave of forum goers came, things have gotten way more dramatic. The newer forum users are also somewhat young sometimes, that, or they lack the knowledge of how forums work and how you're suppose to communicate through them. Nichole you're old enough and mature enough, but I think that with all of the younger users using the forums it's hard for you to communicate and act like an adult. I know you like posting and enjoy being here, and sometimes you run into people that are young or just immature. I lurk on a lot of the threads and read posts, but I choose not to say much, and just stay out of it. Whereas you're one of the few people who actually come out and say things to the people who are being immature. You also express your opinion and how you feel about them. I think that's why you're being cornered by mods. I think you should stay, though. A few of the new moderators I've noticed are a lot younger then the previous ones the forums had. So that might have something to do with it as well.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:05 pm »
I think Sayda said it best.  It's ultimately up to you and you can choose to avoid some of the drama by not dignifying some of the more childish comments with a response.  However, I will say that running away from a situation rather than trying to work though it is also in itself a very childish maneuver.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »
On behalf of intelligent High Schoolers on forums everywhere I apologize for the ones that can not think straight or use a keyboard to type out their thoughts in complete words and sentences.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »
I've noticed that for the past few months the forums have gotten a lot more dramatic. I think it might have to do with the fact that there are newer and younger posters that frequent more often. Like.. high school aged. Nothing against kids in school, but since the new wave of forum goers came, things have gotten way more dramatic. The newer forum users are also somewhat young sometimes, that, or they lack the knowledge of how forums work and how you're suppose to communicate through them. Nichole you're old enough and mature enough, but I think that with all of the younger users using the forums it's hard for you to communicate and act like an adult. I know you like posting and enjoy being here, and sometimes you run into people that are young or just immature. I lurk on a lot of the threads and read posts, but I choose not to say much, and just stay out of it. Whereas you're one of the few people who actually come out and say things to the people who are being immature. You also express your opinion and how you feel about them. I think that's why you're being cornered by mods. I think you should stay, though. A few of the new moderators I've noticed are a lot younger then the previous ones the forums had. So that might have something to do with it as well.

This is very accurate....but im not a young mod. lol. (well not too young) :)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »
I think it would be nice if you stayed. If it is too dramatic, I don't see anything wrong with taking a break from the forums till things clear up a little bit n_n

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 08:47:33 pm »
Yeah that is true....I guess I just matured so much x.x

I think the most of the people are freshmen or in middle school >_>;

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 08:50:48 pm »

Yes..some of us are in middle school (me for example) but if anyone has a problem with me feel free to tell me and i will stop. In my opinion you should stay but if you want to you can go you will still get pocky.

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »
They might be...I wish there was a way to clean things up a little  :-\ (Tho I do appreciate the more mature ones n_n)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:45 pm »

Yes..some of us are in middle school (me for example) but if anyone has a problem with me feel free to tell me and i will stop. In my opinion you should stay but if you want to you can go you will still get pocky.
I haven't had any issues with you....you don't post much XD

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:17 pm »

-cough-

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »
I guess you guys don't think much about my age when I post. lol Could be that I have a low sense of humor. Darn Navy!

Ya know, I have seen an awful lot of people come and go the past closing in on 4 years here. A lot of good ones go. And ones like me stay forever! Some people have good and interesting views, but go anyway, for whatever reason, they don't tell me, they just leave. I wish they would come back sometime.

But then, I suppose if I wasn't here at work having sometimes not much better to do, I wouldn't be here either. But then I have a life. And it is full time. Here, I don't have a life. I mean work, not the forums. I try to make the forums fun, and try to remember that most of you aren't 18 yet. So I have to hold some things back.

Beware angst! I do. Or I should say I don't do angst much. Not if I can help it. Maybe that's why my wife said yes, eh?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:30 pm »
I've always known you were older Jay. I'm not sure why, I just got that vibe. That or it's listed in your profile. Either way, your posts are pretty optimistic, and always cheerful. The tension really never seems to bother you. You seem like the kind of guy that always finds the good out of a situation, as well as hold humor in your posts. But it's good humor, and not out of place. Which I find admiring. It's also cool that you don't take sides, which a lot of us seem to do sometimes.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 09:10:34 pm »

I haven't had any issues with you....you don't post much XD
I try to post..but i can never find good things to say :P ..but i know i have more posts than it says i do...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 09:20:24 pm »
yeah spam post don't add to your post count =/

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 09:25:11 am »
yeah spam post don't add to your post count =/
Which sucks.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 09:29:49 am »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:43 am »
I don't mind too much :P

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:39:50 am »
....Because you have over 9k posts. -_-
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 10:06:12 pm »
I'm gonna stay and sort of flip flop back and forth between the two forums. It's a nice balance.
I vote that you just stick around. If anything, it's nice to get information about the events and such.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 10:08:28 pm »
If you stick around, I promise to try to make it as fun and awesome here as possible.  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:18:45 pm »
I'm gonna stay and sort of flip flop back and forth between the two forums. It's a nice balance.
I vote that you just stick around. If anything, it's nice to get information about the events and such.
I'm doing the same.
You should too Nikki. :3

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »
remember  us drama free ppl generally just observe and ignore. ^_^
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")