Author Topic: What would Cloud wear?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
What would Cloud wear?
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:48:17 pm »
For the Sakuracon masquerade ball I was trying to figure out an formal outfit Cloud would wear. For those of you that need a reference picture here is one http://www.backgroundsarchive.com/images/pub/33/33494lphfg1pxic.jpg (one on the left).

I was thinking slacks and a black (or dark blue) pin striped shirt. Also the mask that I haven't isn't the greatest...but it will work :P

So any suggestions for an outfit?

Offline magneticplum

• Sailor Scout
Re: What would Cloud wear?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:42:54 am »
First off, you NEED a turtleneck, preferably zip up. We all know much Cloud LOOOOVES his turtlenecks. Second, he's still a pretty stylish guy, so how about a suit jacket with a pocket square? Now for the most part, he's a pretty emo kid (according to Advent Children >.<) So I would keep his colors pretty muted. The pocket square is where you could have some fun. Think about playing with color/pattern there. An example would be a navy suit with a bright orange pocket square for contrast. Normal slacks are still cool, but add a nice belt (could you do a wolf head belt buckle?). I personally like a nice dark wash jean, Especially since I see Cloud as preferring the more casual style, but still classy. The only issue there is if they would let you in with jeans on. Lastly, Jewelry. Think about adding a nice necklace and/or some rings, that would totally bling him off the charts (sunglasses=sweet). Hope we helped!!!! ;)

-Syd and Rhe (You don't have to take any of this seriously, but it would look freakin' sweet)^.^ 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:43:38 am by magneticplum »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:22:59 am »
Alright I didn't add this in but the con is in three weeks and I don't really want to make anything nor do I have enough money to buy something really expensive such as a suit. I'm trying to find something that I could find at Goodwill. I think at the moment I am only willing to spend about 30 tops.

If I go to the dance at Kumoricon I will take your suggestions into consideration.

Offline magneticplum

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:35:23 am »
Lol, it's cool. We didn't honestly think you would be able to take our suggestion seriously, we were just having fun trying to come up with an outfit for cloud ^.^. Honestly what you said originally, the pin striped shirt and the pants would be fine. I would definitely still keep the colors a bit darker or more saturated but it sounds like you were planning on that anyway. You could try and do a black pant and a navy shirt so it has the same color pattern as his normal outfit. That way you know the colors already look good together and it will still have a very 'Cloud' feel to it. Good luck! I'm sure it will look great!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:13:54 am »
First off, you NEED a turtleneck, preferably zip up. We all know much Cloud LOOOOVES his turtlenecks. Second, he's still a pretty stylish guy, so how about a suit jacket with a pocket square? Now for the most part, he's a pretty emo kid (according to Advent Children >.<) So I would keep his colors pretty muted. The pocket square is where you could have some fun. Think about playing with color/pattern there. An example would be a navy suit with a bright orange pocket square for contrast. Normal slacks are still cool, but add a nice belt (could you do a wolf head belt buckle?). I personally like a nice dark wash jean, Especially since I see Cloud as preferring the more casual style, but still classy. The only issue there is if they would let you in with jeans on. Lastly, Jewelry. Think about adding a nice necklace and/or some rings, that would totally bling him off the charts (sunglasses=sweet). Hope we helped!!!! ;)

-Syd and Rhe (You don't have to take any of this seriously, but it would look freakin' sweet)^.^ 
You two have been watching too much 'What Not To Wear' and it shows  ::)
Nikki, don't take them too seriously lol. I do like the navy top idea though.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline magneticplum

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:22 am »
You can NEVER watch too much what not to wear.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 01:33:52 pm »
I agree with the above statement. 8D;;

But jeans aren't formal, despite being dark wash.

Now, for being on-topic, Nikki, I think that the pinstripes & slacks idea is great. :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »
Well....I need to convince my Tifa to go now >_>