Author Topic: I'm going to Ashland next month; cosplay help?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
I'm going to Ashland next month; cosplay help?
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
Well, I'm going to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival next month with my Shakespeare class. We go twice a year. ^^ Anyway, since I've actually got a few cosplay and we are given free time during the day, I kind of wanted to cosplay and have a mini photoshoot in Ashland while I was there. At the moment I'm attempting to drag a few friends into bringing at least their plushies so I can take ridiculous pictures of them in ridiculous places. xD And lots of video fun time <3

Anyway, what I want help with is deciding what cosplay to bring. Yuna is out of the questions because of sheer size and crushability, but I can bring Nagisa, Dress Garnet, Trance Garnet(if it's done and only for the pool area), Regular Garnet(If I go cosplay crazy and make it this month. xD), PJ Laguna(fixed the shirt situation), President Laguna(Mom owes me school clothes; I'll sneak in the shorts this weekend. xD), and PJ Garnet(cutie PJ version; lingerie Garnet is for hotel strictly. ^^;;). I've also got a bit of money left and fabric; might make some more small ones and some plushies.

What plushies do you want to see pics of in random places? xD I've got Shippuuden Sasuke and Deidara, and am probably going to make a few others before I leave.

It's the 7th and 8th next month, by the way. ^^
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Re: I'm going to Ashland next month; cosplay help?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:23 pm »
I don't have any ideas, but I wanted to make a suggestion. Drop by a store called "Renaissance Rose" if you have the chance to. It's technically a Halloween store but to me, when I went in there earlier this summer, it seemed like a small cosplay goldmine if you're willing to work with stuff. They sell some wigs, and other types of stuff that's clothing that could be incorporated into cosplay.

It's where I got my mask for this year's masquerade. xD Anyway, just wanted to post this since you're going to the epic city that is Ashland. Have fun!~~
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:40:38 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »
Epic it is xD I've been going down for the festival every year since 8th grade... so since I moved into the school district I'm in now(senior this year, by the way). Also going to be looking at the college too; might go there~ They've got acting and psychology; my two areas of study! xD

Yeah, I'm probably going to get my mask down there too; I remembered seeing the perfect one for Garnet, but was out of money at the time. ;.;

Thanks for the idea; I'll make sure to check that store out! ^^
KumoriCon 2012

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:40 pm »
I was just there!  ;D
I second the bit about Renaissance Rose if it isn't too late, its a great store.
You can also check out the online store at renrose.com
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:07:26 pm »
O: I sees the site; NOW I WANT! xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:11:43 pm »
Yes, now you want the epic-ness that is that store that is in the-...I'm just gonna stop since it'll turn into a rant about how awesome Ashland is. xD I can pretty much shop for cool stuff there all the time. I wish I could go there and cosplay like you are.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:50 pm »
Yeah... I'll just have to make sure the cosplay fits with school dress code... which they all do. Then again, when I'm out with friends and no teachers... what they don't know can't hurt them. xD

I'm going to take so many pics and videos <3 I'l share 'em with you all; Garnet's adventures in Ashland! xD

Ashland is pure win; I hope I get into SOU so I can decide wether or nto to move there.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 02:21:36 am »
I'm going to SOU! Perhaps I'll see you there.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 02:33:01 am »
This thread makes me happy, because ironically, I am going there a week from today--my birthday present to myself--and I too will be in cosplay. Actually it's a lovely dusty rose pink satin princess gown with extensive faux-pearl applique and crinoline. Hoping to get a new tiara before then (the one I have is great for Disney type environments but not for Shakespeare). For some pix I'll have my wings that are pink and gold (if they're still in decent shape). For other pix and the nighttime outdoor play I'll have the first piece of garb I designed for LARPing in the SCA. It is a grey wool cape with emerald green lining and piping and with trim that is cream, emerald, and dusty rose; knee length, with lined hood. I look forward to your pix, if you post them here. *loves*
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:40:05 pm »
I shall. ^^ At the moment, I've made a list of cosplay on my deviantart...

I'll probably wear Laguna on the way there just so my classmates can go "O.O WHERE'D YOUR BOOBS GO?!" xD Then my Cosplay Incognito!/ Casual Garnet for a while, a little of Queen Garnet, maybe Trance if I can get the leotard in time. Some Angel Aerith(turns out my new school clothes are just like her's, but all white) and stuff. I'm trying to convince my friends to bring their cosplay and at least cosplay for the two and a half hour block fo free time we have the second day. xD I'll be taking my camera in this weekend to see what's wrong with it and hoepfulyl get it fixed so I can bring it. If not I'll haveto beg my mom to bring hers. ^^;;
KumoriCon 2012