Author Topic: Selling some things in the Artist Alley! Need some help with pricing~  (Read 1922 times)

u3759

Alright, so I'm selling some Lolita accessories (probably some other things as well) at my friend's table this K-con. I just need some help with the pricing. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could make some suggestions :3

Also; just because you are helping with the pricing, doesn't mean that you have to buy them. Even if you aren't interested, please look from the point of veiw of a person who WOULD buy this kind of stuff while suggesting a price.

This first post will be updated as more things are planned to be sold at the table.

-----

Hairclips: Click
Will be sold in different colors and in Pairs.
Price: ?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:17:16 pm by danayoki »

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
cute hair clips dana, maybe 2 or 3 bucks a piece?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

oslapedo

I wouldn't pay that much for hair clips... I'd pay $1 a pair~

oslapedo

Yeah, from my point of view (which is that of a cheap a$$ congoer) why should I spend $6 on a single pair of hairclips when at any normal store $6 could buy me so many more? Especially at cons when there are so many things wanting to be bought. I'm not in the lolita niche anyways, and you can price it however you want but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way so I was just letting you know~

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
~shrugs~ You did ask for help on pricing...and I kind of have to agree with her. And I do love these things. ♥

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
I would pay...$2-3 for them! 8D

oslapedo

I'm not saying that what she said was wrong, but a pair of these are definetely worth more than a dollar of my effort and how much I spent on the materials. It just came off as if my work was so bad that it wasn't worth more than a dollar, or something. >_<

Haha, I personally wouldn't pay inane amounts for hair clips but that doesn't mean they're of low-quality. I'm sure I'm the only cheap congoer you'll encounter so pay no heed to my opinion :D

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Psh, there's so many cheap con-goers it's not even funny.  :P  But yeah, I'm one too.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I would say 2 or 3 as well, maybe even as high as 4 for a pair.

oslapedo

Looks like you've already got lots of business Dana~

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
I hate to say it, but I agree as well with only $1-2. I know they probably take time and effort, but they look similar to hairclips that you can get at any old store, wherein you can get, say, a set of 10 for 3 or 5 bucks. If you made something more unique, rather, you could probably get some sales.

Try to find ways to make them more appealing to a cosplayer or an anime fan. Something maybe with cute beads or an extravagant bow. Maybe something mimicking an accessory that a character wears. There are many people that sell other lolita items, cat ears, and many booths sell jewelry from popular anime (Naruto, Nana, etc) so that's out of the question unless you can compete with the quality but remain at a down-to-earth price.

--

Oh, one idea I got a while back was like... There were these odd moogle band thingies in KH: CoM that looked fairly simple, and I'm sure people would like them. Not sure if this'll fall in your line of... uh... making things, but... I'll try to find a picture.