Author Topic: Dear Microsoft,  (Read 3610 times)

u2205

Dear Microsoft,
« on: September 18, 2009, 12:57:17 pm »
Please stop sucking so bad. Apple blows your doors off in every way. As soon as I finish my DirectX emulator for OS X everyone will want Mac.

Love,
An ex-Microsoft Fanboy

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Re: Dear Microsoft,
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:26 pm »
I still prefer a PC to a Mac any day. :)

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:05:21 pm »
^^ MAC POWER
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:33:47 pm »
I'm still a Microsoft/PC user...and I really have no reason to back that up (other than I like the way it works and have always hated the way Macs work, lol). PC's are for me.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:32:22 pm »
Please stop sucking so bad. Apple blows your doors off in every way. As soon as I finish my DirectX emulator for OS X everyone will want Mac.

Love,
An ex-Microsoft Fanboy

Except the fact that as far as desktops go, for a 3000 dollar mac, you can build a PC that is 5 times as better for the same price, if not cheaper.
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:29 pm »
As always its just a matter of personal choice...(PC user)

As for myself I'd rather not pay four digits for something that is just a fancy brand name and slightly easier to use.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:07 pm »
there is the truth of the post then

You're not entirely anti-Microsoft you just enjoy larger parts of Apple products then of Microsoft products.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:16 pm »
Just FYI, I don't think Microsoft browses these forums.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 10:54:44 pm »
Shouldn't a mac/pc post go into that age-old questions thread?

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 11:15:34 pm »
Just FYI, I don't think Microsoft browses these forums.

I was so close to creating an account under the name "Microsoft" so I could openly mourn the loss of Mr_Mustash's fanhood.  ;D  Ah well, if only I wasn't lazy, I guess!

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 12:09:31 am »
Back in the day, Apple had a chance to own and dominate the market...  They screwed up.

Team Koga

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 09:58:28 am »
hmmmm
I am torn, personaly to me a computer is a computer some are faser at getting to the internets and some are not,
but
I just asked my husband pc or apple and he looks at me and says
"look at this apartment, do you SEE any apples?"
(i have little clue as to what i am even typing on exept its a lap top and the power cord keeps tweaking and losing power talk about pain in butt)
but
it has been rummord that gackt is a fan of apple compuers and owns a bunch

hmmm
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 01:19:53 pm »
I used a Mac for a month. It wasn't too bad.

Then again, I used to like eMachines, so I'm not a good judge of computers.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 02:02:29 pm »
I still prefer a PC to a Mac any day. :)

PC is #1

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 02:10:46 pm »
Without PC we wouldn't have John Hodgman. And then where would we be?
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46:24 pm »
OS2 4 EVAR
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »
Whatever runs. And I have no idea what makes Macs so bleedin' special that they're called a different name. They're a BRAND, like Dell or Hewlett Packard. A "Mac" is still a personal computer, so call it that. Don't dress it up as though just because it's a different brand it's an entirely different machine.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:13 pm »
Whatever runs. And I have no idea what makes Macs so bleedin' special that they're called a different name. They're a BRAND, like Dell or Hewlett Packard. A "Mac" is still a personal computer, so call it that. Don't dress it up as though just because it's a different brand it's an entirely different machine.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_similarities_and_differences_between_Macs_and_PCs
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline PaperShredderchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 10:34:58 pm »
I like PCs better...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:53 am »
Win 7 does a pretty nice Mac impression.  :D

I am eager to get it on my next system and see how well ti runs my stuff.

Oh, and when is Mac going to make a video game console? They could call it the iPlay!
Or the iBox...
the iStation...

the iWi...
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 11:15:03 am »
I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents here. Both systems are good for their own thing. Mac OS X is the first operating system that I like out of Macs. It's good for video editing, website design and other things on that area. Windows, altho they can do that to, is not as good at it, to where it's harder to use their editing programs. Windows is more for the people who like to build their own pc's and are for people who game on pc's. Now I realize that some games are also for Mac (like WoW) but pc's are better in that department. Both can also have their own problems. For Mac, it doesn't have a lot of virus', but the reason they don't is because not a lot of people use Mac's, the majority of computer users use windows, which is why no matter what, you should get a virus protector and firewall anyway.

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 12:47:01 am »
I have had my experience's with all three main operating systems. I just got off linux, i am using windows (like i used to forever) and i used to use a mac at school. so i frankly have had my times with every main one. bottom line:
(i know animation is media, but maya runs so much better on windows)
             |Noobs||Web||Media||Security||Servers||School||Animation||Compatibility||Gaming|
Windows:     X         X                                X           X           X               X               X

Linux:                    X                   X            X           X                            X

Mac:           X         X       X          X                        X           X               

There is a lot more to add, but this is just simple. and i know you can use servers with apple, it's just really inconvenient. Linux can do animation, but can only really run maya 6 and blender. and of course all computers are meant for the web, just wanted to put that in there. And linux is really the best for compatibility. Well, with hardware. except my damn soundcard. only PCI that doesn't seem to work with linux.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 06:33:20 pm »
-PC- Sense PC's ARE SOOOO GOOD...You can totaly customize it...Any program can install on almost any pc with the right requirments...Plus...You dont see Devil May Cry 1/2/3/or 4 on MAC right...Or FF7 8 or 9 on MACS either..AND ALL THOSE EPIC GAMES ( i got FF 7-9 on my PC) I like the PSP's OS better then MACS...plus if you dont like the OS on a PC you can always change it with Shells...Even Apple was so desperate that they made there new OS Leoperd compatible for PC....(Thats just SAD) Theres soo much stuff you can get for a PC....like programs.. I dont think they have Kaspersky internet security for MACS-cuz not much viruses-CUZ NOT FAMOUS...YUP...

Even on pirating websites...The only thing i seen for mac there is lepord..and Sims 3 for MAC...*sigh* I dont like the Macs at school...Their TO EASY TO USE IN WAYS...i dont like the fact that you can have like 3 in your face programs on and you its all in the backround and ya have o click file view and crap- I MEAN COME ON..Plus people dont know how to use macs at my school and i HAVE TO HELP THEM..( cuz there used to windows)

btw...I bought my PC at a pawn shop for 50 bucks....put a pimp graphix card in it...more RAM, hoocked it up to my SONY FLATSCREEN TV with a HDMI and got a controller..I also got a 750 g hard drive..got some games...AND BAM!- IM PLAYING THE MOST BA GAMES EVER AND watching FF 7 AD COMPLETE BLURAY!!! WOOHOOO!!!! Even my Dad watched it...
you can also make your PC like a wii...You can get this wireless mouse  thats like the wii..and a sensor and its just awesome...

THAT IS A
Pimp
Computer

from 50 bucks..now worth like 800..

P.S. didnt mean to brag..just trying to probe something...

So anyone still use Windows media player...I use VLC player (it can play any format of video..just update if theres a new format)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 05:57:52 pm »
I use a mix of VLC/iTunes/Winamp/Reason/Protools 7 for my media needs.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 07:24:23 pm »
AWESOME OF AWESOMENESS!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 11:51:41 am »
LIES