Author Topic: Think Before you Pink, Breast cancer awarness month  (Read 1398 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Think Before you Pink, Breast cancer awarness month
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:11:05 am »
As some might know my mom is being treated for breast cancer I was just reading up on all the pink products that wear pink packaging this time of year and to my sadness it seems like a lot of companies are doing it just to make money and dont donate to breast cancer at all

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/?page_id=13

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/pink-overload-are-companies-taking-advantage-of-breast-cancer-awareness-month-525251/

So please when compairing products and being swayed by the pink and thought of helping women with breast cancer, take a look at the fine print to see where you money is really going

And to my sister peeps on the forums, some might to be a bit young for a mamogram, but remind your family meber, routine screenings saves lifes
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Re: Think Before you Pink, Breast cancer awarness month
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:51:21 pm »
i feel for you and your situation, but this whole breast cancer awareness thing has been bugging me for a while.

i used to be really into it, but i am realizing recently that it is kind of dumb. (no offense to anyone of course)
im not saying its bad to help people with breast cancer, but why focus on one type of cancer?

i mean, sure its very common, but i think that if you are going to focus on a disease, focus on the disease entirely, not one specific part of the body.

you don't see "foot cancer awareness month" do you?

If you want to be a cancer awareness enthusiast, that is one thing, but i think its dumb to only care about one group of people with the disease, when you could be caring for the whole entirety of victims.

i dunno, maybe im just thinking into it too much.
take it with a grain of salt.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »
Hey Jaz great to hear from you lass. Oh my, your mom's being treated for breats cancer. As I said in the Patrick Swayze thread there's no such thing as a laughable kind of cancer. But make no mistake Jaz the day will come when cancer in all it's varying forms will be obliterated. In the meantime you and you mother stay strong and good luck.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 06:59:29 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:50:17 pm »
i feel for you and your situation, but this whole breast cancer awareness thing has been bugging me for a while.

this is just a thread to help peeps make sure they'er money goes where it should, and to remind about getting checked up,

taking said salt, yes all illness should be taken seriously but this is not really the place feel free to make a new thread subject, There lots of breast cancer fighters and survivers dont like all the pink either, who would like the reminder of what can kill them.

Thanks Animeman73, she is still doing sets of cemo after having a double mastectomy and 2 other related surguries, and is quite bald, funny thing is, she is such an otaku mom that when she is looking for wigs that when she is done with them, could be used for my costumes.  She stays with me after treatments, so I can take care of her, and its good for my peace of mind.  She found it after her doctor "hassled" her that she was turning 50 and should be current with her check ups, it saved her life.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:09 pm »

this is just a thread to help peeps make sure they'er money goes where it should, and to remind about getting checked up,

taking said salt, yes all illness should be taken seriously but this is not really the place feel free to make a new thread subject, There lots of breast cancer fighters and survivers dont like all the pink either, who would like the reminder of what can kill them.

i totally know what you mean.
i just felt like i should throw it out there.

thanks for the fair warning.