Author Topic: How is that wig going to look in person?  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
How is that wig going to look in person?
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:40:51 pm »
So I've been looking on Cosworx.com to try and find the two wigs I need for my 2010 cosplays, but I'm having trouble deciding on which ones to buy because I'm not totally sure how the wigs actually look in person. I'm already a little nervous because I've never ordered wigs online before, and I know cosplay.com has a thread for cosworx wigs in action, but many of them have been severely styled and do not accuratley represent what the wig looks like originally. Here are the two character I am planning on doing and the respective wigs I am thinking of using for them. If any one could tell me anything about either of the wigs, or if they seem accurate (or not) I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!

(Note I'm only talking about the actual style of the wigs, not color.)

Chane Laforet (Baccano!)

and here is the Cosworx 'New Look' Hannah wig that I am considering.
http://www.cosworx.com/thumb_popup.php?productid=16378

Marie Mjolnir (Soul Eater)

and here is the Cosworx 'New Look' Linda S wig that I am considering.
http://www.cosworx.com/thumb_popup.php?productid=16417
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: How is that wig going to look in person?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:36:10 am »
The wig you have picked out for the second one should work just fine. I think the first one should be more of a wavy wig than straight though.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:02:58 pm »
The first one was the one I was most worried about.... I might just have to look a little harder on the net for better pictures of it in use so I can see just how straight it actually is.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 03:19:55 pm »
From your reference her hair looks wavy, but the waves are smaller, more crinkly. The wig isn't completely straight, but to me the waves look too big.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:43 am »
Still searching for a decent Chane wig, but while scouring Amiphigory I found a wig that might work better for my Marie cosplay than the one previously pictured. I'm just not sure if it's quiet long enough.

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_femme_fatale.html

yes? no?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:41:39 pm »
I'm inclined to say switch to the Femme Fatale because of how low-maintenance it seems in terms of keeping its shape.

For Chane, you probably aren't going to find a wig that looks good for her right off the bat. Whatever wig you get, it's gonna need to be styled.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 10:44:43 pm »
For Chane, you probably aren't going to find a wig that looks good for her right off the bat. Whatever wig you get, it's gonna need to be styled.

These are the words that make me toss-and-turn in my bed at night. D=

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:51:57 pm by Dubaby »

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 10:47:49 pm »
Ask around for advice. There are plenty of people who are really good at wig-styling and would be happy to help or take commissions, and there are plenty of wig-styling tutorials online. You might even be able to find one for that specific character if you look around.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 10:50:48 pm »
Ask around for advice. There are plenty of people who are really good at wig-styling and would be happy to help or take commissions, and there are plenty of wig-styling tutorials online. You might even be able to find one for that specific character if you look around.
That. And if you really fear styling it yourself, ask Hashi to do it. She's really excellent at styling wigs and her wig-commission prices are good.

Her pricing: http://victoriantechno.livejournal.com/15521.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:53:03 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 10:53:19 pm »
Thanks for the help guys... I'm such a nervous wreck when it comes to wigs XD

My friend directed me to an Ebay seller she likes, and after some scouring I found this beauty.... With the way the cut and length is styling should be fairly easy. =]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Black-Hair-Wig-U01A_W0QQitemZ280451274955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Women_Accessories?hash=item414c32d8cb

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 10:57:49 pm »
Me too. I totally lean on Goatchild and Hashi. >>

Huh. That wig might work. It depends on how dramatic you want the shape of the bottom to be. I dunno that there's enough hair at the bottom to get you that thick outward... protrusion thingy.
Also, your char's hair looks dark brown and that's a black wig.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man