Author Topic: hair coloring and what is exactly is a ph balanced shampoo?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
hair coloring and what is exactly is a ph balanced shampoo?
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:32:49 pm »
not sure where to put this, but I recently bleached last 1 inch or so of my hair then dyed it pink that lasted about 2 washings (new brand raw color at hot topic)                   today I  had my hair ends trimed so time to bleach and dye again this time I got manic panic and it says to wash hair with a ph balanced shampoo.        I am not sure what kind that is.... any hair dyein pros out there have any recommendations ?                            My hair specs if it matters :  I have a weird hair type like half fine and half corse (I joke my hair is like the irish and native american in me are fighting) pretty long and prone to split ends And I tend to be allergic to perfumes
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
Re: hair coloring and what is exactly is a ph balanced shampoo?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:35:07 pm »
Well..if it's anything like in biology it's a shampoo that isn't too acidic or too basic..so something that won't like destroy the color but something strong enough to wash it well...? (this is most likely wrong since this is freshman/sophomore biology) also..from the internet it seems that the shampoo may be expensive..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:37:19 pm by Kallika »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:06:51 pm »
After a quick Google search, pH balanced shampoo seems to be pretty pricey, though Suave sells some for less than $20.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:18:07 am »
You are looking at a higher price ticket with a PH Acid Balanced shampoo if you want a decent one. If you aren't against this, I would try going to a beauty supply or salon & ask someone there...they are usually very good about knowing which product to send you out the door with. Since everyone's hair is so different, it would be a good idea to ask. Avoid grocery store & drug store shampoos as these tend to do a poor job as well as leave a nasty wax build up in your hair.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:44:35 am by nikkiolie »