Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 1187 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Hey everyone
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:03:55 pm »
If you look over to the left above my display image, you'll notice that my usergroup is now set to "bunnygirl" and not "moderator".  I recently decided that I needed a break from the moderation team to reduce stress and focus on other things going on in my life.  I'm sure there are mixed feelings about this change, but I want to remind everyone that it shouldn't matter.  When I applied for the position, I mainly wanted to have the opportunity to help misplaced topics find the appropriate forum, help new users learn how to use the forums, and just assist the flow of energy through the forums.

Whenever I had to delete a post and issue a warning, it made me sad.  I know it was part of the job I signed up for, but I believe that we can all do better.  Thus I found myself asking: why do people come here?  The answer is that they come here to be a part of the community.  This includes people of all types and all ages.  Thus, when I see profanity, exclusion, flaming, trolling, and drama, it disappoints me.  It's necessary to be responsible in order to be a moderator, but it's not necessary to be a moderator to be responsible.  I'll be the first to admit: I do a lot of trolling, I get in a lot of pointless arguments, I swear like a sailor, and I can tend to be an elitist, but not here.  That's not what we're here for.  There are so many other sites full of fodder where the ToS doesn't ban those behaviors; why would one bring those things to a community so rich in potential friendships?

The point that I'm trying to get across is that it's necessary for all of us to self-moderate.  The happiest moderator is a moderator who never has to issue a warning, delete a post, or ban a user.  Our moderators are here to make our forum using experience enjoyable.  Let's return the favor.

Much Love,
-DancingTofu
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline SiderAnne

• Cabbit
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:18:18 pm »
Yay for responsible non-mods!
~~~* I don't always sing Ayumi Hamsaki in the shower *~~~

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Hey everyone