Author Topic: Camera lovers...need your opinions please!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
Camera lovers...need your opinions please!
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:50:26 am »
Trying to decide between 2 camera's...going after work to pick one out & I am stuck.

Camera 1 = EOS 50D

Camera 2 = EOS Rebel T2i

I will pick out which lens I am going to start with when I see what is available. I have been leaning toward the Canon 50D which is a little more spendy & from what I hear, a little more complicated to navigate. The Rebel T2i however, seems to be a lot easier to use and is also a great camera. Any opinions from photographers on this would definately be helpful in making my choice.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:51:18 am by Cyprus »

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: Camera lovers...need your opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:01 pm »
...not a camera guru but am also seeking a DSLR. I highly recommend going to electronic stores to test your choices out, if u haven't already. I'm liking the Rebel T2i but then I was also considering a Nikon... good luck! 
And so it begins...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 05:16:47 am »
I am going to be spending a bit more than planned on this now...but after doing some research & playing with a few models of Canon's, I am going to go with the EOS 7D. It's like the Rebel T2i but with the speed & power of a pro model. Very nice camera!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:28:16 pm »
I'm a Nikon user. But that's film not digital. I wish I could buy one of the ones that you can change lenses. And I'd have bought one, except I couldn't use all my old SLR lenses, have to buy new ones. urk.

I prefer Nikon for their lens quality, if nothing else.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:14:08 pm »
I ruled out Nikon for cost reasons. Canon has amazing cameras as well & the only comparable Nikon I could find to the 7D was way more in price. I just picked up my camera, telephoto lens, flash, memory card & bag today when I got off work...YAY!

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 07:18:46 pm »
Just a bit more and you could've gotten a 5DmkII silly man D:

<--envious poor person
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:19:49 pm by Hazuza »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:32:59 pm »
Ya...$700 more lol. As it was, I went about $250 over my limit & had to tap some savings. I think I am ok with the one I got for now :P

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 05:38:11 am »
Actually a Nikon SLR I saw when I went to go get my Rebel was $50 less than the Rebel XS I got.

Was surprising actually. I don't remember the model though ]:
Might have been the D3000 or the D40...they both run about the same price as the Rebel XS do. I was talking more about their higher fps/mp cameras. I have nothing against Nikon at all though, amazing cameras as well...but Canon is also amazing as well as a little more affordable in certain cases. Anyway, <3 my new camera!