Author Topic: HALP! new city, new con  (Read 2831 times)

Offline hardboiled paradise

• Oni
HALP! new city, new con
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:09:14 am »
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

disregard this nonsense

see my other poast
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:31:47 pm by hardboiled paradise »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: HALP! new city, new con
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:21:16 am »
You can say hi to me!  I'm always up for a few minutes of chit-chat, but I tend to migrate all over the place so I wouldn't be a good candidate for like, you know, hangin' out. XD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:52:30 am »
Welcome to Portland and the Kumoricon, I am sure you will find a new friend at con, every year i go, i meet new people and make new friends. As for the music, please make sure you read our convention policies before playing it, in con space.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ANIME ANIME ANIME ANIME Yes, my life does revolve around it, and i am 37 lol.
=^_^=

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:36 am »
Welcome to Oregon & to the K-con community! I'm sure that if you went to con this weekend, you will meet lots of new people to make friends with or at least chat & hang out with.

I will be shuffling in & out of con space all weekend with some friends so you will more than likely see me around...when in cosplay, I am generally wearing my Repoman...makes me hard to miss lol. When I'm not sweating to death in that costume, I will likely be taking a lot of pictures of people & venturing out on the same quest as yourself...MEET MORE NEW PEOPLE!!

I love anime, but my life is far too hectic to revolve around any one thing...so I just stick to enjoying it when I can. Enjoying life is my main focus! :D

Offline LazyNocturnal

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 12:48:02 pm »
welcome to portland and to k-con. this will be me second year going to the con. if your looking for people to hang with, im going with my 36 year old disabled friend, his wife and son...shes not into anime but wants to get out of the house for a few days. im 29, were both laid back people. and like you said, anime isnt our lives but we do really enjoy it. we wont be going to alot of the same panels due to different interests/having is son with him. but if your wanting to hang out with people you, can come hang out with us. we will be there all 3 days, but maybe leaving early monday to beat the con traffic out of down town. i can pm my facebook account and cell number if your interested. and what panels i will be attending...

Offline hardboiled paradise

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Yeah, I guess I'll go in to it with the attitude of, If you see me say hi! :3

I'm tall and bearded and will more than likely have a guitar strapped to my back.

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »
Hi! I'll be your friend! xD Creeper status, right there..

lol. I play an instrument, but I'm afraid I'll be too busy taking pictures of stuff to play, but I'd love to listen to you. lol.

And I'm not OMGOMGANIMEANIMEANIMEOMG. xD I like it, but it doesn't rule my life. Although, I do have the occasional Fan-girl squeel moment. xDDDDDD

Oh yeah! Welcome to Portland! Our motto is "Keep Portland Weird!" You'll see why soon enough. xD

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 05:44:35 pm »
Last year, there was a guy sitting in the lobby playing a saxophone. I don't know if he's there every year, or what, but if he's there, you might be able to play music with him.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 12:09:37 am »
welcome to Kumoricon! always good to have new people join the wicked gathering of anime/manga/video game lovers/nerds.  ^_^

i love making new friends, so i'd be more than willing to keep you company. plus i completely understand the awkward shuffling around that goes on when you're alone at a new convention ha ha.
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline ocb777

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:29 am »
Yo.

I am NOT a normal guy. LOL

But I am not an "Anime nerd". I do watch and enjoy Anime, but since last Con I have only watched like 5 series. I am however a gamer who used to work for CCG companies and used to work for card/comic shops.

This will be my third year at K-con. I originally went cause I was trying to reconcile with my ex who is much more anime than I, but I had fun, met some interesting people, etc.

I suffer from Social Anxiety and am a self-proclaimed Hikikimori but once a year I venture to this convention filled with fun weird people  who dress like characters I may know and in some cases may not know. I p;lay games like Apples to Apples. I commission artwork. I do all I can to just make a new friend and/or do something other than play MMOs.

This year I will be going with my friend who is an anime newb. He has seen a lil, likes most of what he's seen, but would prefer to watch Avatar for a 4th time. He will be cosplaying as Indiana Jones. I will be cosplaying as the big annoyed looking guy wearing all black. (does that count as a costume?)

If you want to get together with us early on and grab a coffee or something, just so you can have someone to txt and say "Man I am so freaked by what I just saw, where are you guys I need a moment of sanity" I'm sure we could make you feel welcomed. =D

Consistently cosplaying since 2008.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:14 am »
Hi! I'll be your friend! xD Creeper status, right there..

lol. I play an instrument, but I'm afraid I'll be too busy taking pictures of stuff to play, but I'd love to listen to you. lol.

And I'm not OMGOMGANIMEANIMEANIMEOMG. xD I like it, but it doesn't rule my life. Although, I do have the occasional Fan-girl squeel moment. xDDDDDD

Oh yeah! Welcome to Portland! Our motto is "Keep Portland Weird!" You'll see why soon enough. xD
I think most of us do at some point...it's ok :D

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »
xDDDD true true.