Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 2528 times)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Ebay
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:26:35 pm »
How reliable is it?
Because lately there's been a lot of talk about scams and such, but I really wanna buy stuff from there :<
Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Real-HUMAN-HAIR-Clip-EXTENSIONS-MEDIUM-BROWN-4-/180507565303?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item2a0716dcf7

Plz and thx

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »
I've never had any problems with Ebay so far. You just need to be carful of who you're buying things from. Normally cosplay stores (rather than just random people selling used cosplay items and what not) are the most trustful for me.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:32:10 pm »
Well, the only thing I've ever gotten from eBay was my Mikuru wig, and I considered it to be a successful purchase.  I can believe some things to be a scam; that's part of the hazard of online purchases.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »
I've bought at least 20 things in my life on Ebay- only had a problem once and Ebay got me my money back. You just have to pay attention to who you're buying from. C:

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »
My best friend's been ordering things lately from eBay (mainly for her Draco cosplay, so she's ordered a scarf/tie/wig and such, the scarf and tie from a well-known seller but her wig JUST got shipped out when she ordered it a good two weeks or so ago), but it just all depends on who you buy from, I guess. And the whole shipping process could take longer/shorter sometimes, too. Some sellers are more 'reliable' and 'well known' than others but watch out for those scammers, though~
(personally, eBay's all 'HUHWHAT' for me XD)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:22:23 pm »
I have had pretty good luck.  Last year I was looking for a mint old style ninja turtle banana for tom cuz he had lost one. so I wanted to get him a replacement for christmas.  And I found one got it in plenty of time, and it turned out to be the same design as his old one!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
Yeah, I don't think it's eBay you have to worry about, it's the sellers. But so far I have had nothing but success and I have ordered quite a few things from eBay.  ;)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 10:06:23 pm »
I've heard it's basically the feedbacks they get.

Just click the number right next to the username of the seller and look for the neutral and negative comments. Like how many did they get in a month? A year?
Usually the higher the positive the feedbacks, the better. From the link you given, I say the seller is pretty good, even though it's 99%.
Plus that person is a top rated seller, so I say they're trusted to buy from.

But, just watch out for the scammers. Remember to look for someone who have a history of selling items, with very good feed backs.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:07:46 pm by iBubbleTeax3 »

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 12:24:06 pm »
Check the feedbacks, and if there are a whole bunch that don't say the item listed, then its probably a scam. The one you posted looks pretty good, even the "bad" reviews aren't bad. Just complaining about how much hair there was on the extientions and such.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »
Ooh, I have been looking for hair extensions too. This seller looks pretty reliable.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 02:08:20 pm »
As others have said, it's all about the feedback. Most every seller is going to have some kind of negative feedback since people are just dumb sometimes. I personally try to stick with someone who has higher than like 95% positive. Make sure and check out the negatives a seller gets too, because a lot of the time it is just stupid stuff because the person didn't read the listing right or something that could have been fixed by just emailing the seller.

That being said, with that particular selling you are definitely safe. 1 negative in the past twelve months and that's because the color doesn't match the photo? That could very well just be that persons monitor not having good color.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 03:13:51 pm »
Check the feedback on the seller before you buy. I have bought tons of stuff from Ebay without issue...also have a friend who is a power seller & sells things almost on a daily basis. I prefer power sellers myself when I am buying...but a few times I have bought from others as long as they had over a 95% positive feedback.