Author Topic: THOR  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
THOR
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »
I went and saw it today I absolutely loved the movie I would love to hear others takes on it.
Images are welcome too :3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: THOR
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:58:19 pm »
I didn't even know it came out already.  I personally have no interest in seeing it, mainly because I didn't care for the comics; they were dull and didn't portray the Norse deities in the way that I understood them to be.  I'm sure my girlfriend will go see it with her friend, so if they ask me, I might go; it'll help if they agree to buy me a large popcorn and large soda. ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:10:02 pm »
it's a good movie but I understand where you are coming from with the comics as well.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
Seeing it tonight with my besties! It's sure to be a blast ;)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »
It looks really really cool. Just saw Fast Five, can't wait to see this.

Offline Brotakus

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »
It was top notch, well acted and looked pretty. Funny yet actiony and definatly entertaining. Coulda done without a smurfs preview though...
Being a Brotakus is about being as awesome as one can be at all times. Liking Anime is a plus.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 11:05:11 pm »
I own about 250 issues of Thor. My favorite are the Walter Simonson penned ones from the late 80s. Thor was always one of my more favorite titles. But it was so unexplored. There were 9 worlds to play around in, yet they barely scratched the surface of the Earth.

My wife and I both liked the movie. Having Kenneth Branagh helm this film seems at first to be quite the odd choice, as he's the guy who likes to film Shakespeare movies. But...I think having him direct was a good choice. ALso having top talent for many of the actors was a godsend. har har Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Stellan Skaarsgard,all Oscar caliber actors, Rene Russo,

I really think they tried to bring the ghost of Jack Kirby to the way Asgard looked. I was grateful for that.

I think Marvel will make an awful lot of money with this movie.

I liked how this movie stood alone, but they demonstrated how it can and will fit into the Marvel universe. Nice little touches there.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 12:23:27 am »
I loved it. The only thing I had a problem with was the Asgardians' armor, it looked way too modern and Iron Man-ish. I would've preferred if they'd made it look more medieval, like it does in the comics, and it just really bugged me the way they designed it. :/ But that's just me being a nitpicky Marvel fangirl, I was also bemoaning the lack of headwings during the Captain America preview.

It was a lot funnier than I thought it'd be, which was nice. And the romance was thankfully minimal.

Oh, and my dad thought Loki was hot. I am inclined to agree with him.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 01:03:10 am »
I agree with you loki was one man cake blue or not :3

Offline Brotakus

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 08:15:26 am »
All my buddies thought Thor was hot lol.
Being a Brotakus is about being as awesome as one can be at all times. Liking Anime is a plus.

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 08:33:07 am »
I WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT. IT WAS EPIC. I WANT THOR'S BABIES.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »
Coulda done without a smurfs preview though...

:o :o :o :o :o :o

WHAT!!!???  The SMURFS!!!???  FOR REAL!?!?!?

Offline Brotakus

• Oni
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 12:22:29 am »
Yeah...they have Katy Perry playing smurfette and george lopez playing grumpy smurf and some other guys and some other people lol.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 01:16:09 am »
Okay, I can see Katy Perry as Smurfette, but George Lopez as Grumpy Smurf?

Is it all going to be in CGI, or just the Smurfs themselves?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 12:16:31 am »
I think, in an attempt to defer any anger caused by this becoming a religious argument, Marvel chose to take the aspect of an advanced society, as opposed to the AEsir being actual gods, even if they only get a little g. So if you are that advanced, you have to have up to the minute fashion.

But...I don't really think so.

I think Stan Lee put his foot down, and got this movie to show what Jack Kirby's Thor drawings would be like in 3D full boat cinematic experience as they could make it. I mean Asgard looked just like his artwork. It really meant a lot to me to see them do that, and have it look like that.
Have Fun

Jay